•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Trip Report 11/05/05 MK

To start our wonderful day we hit no traffic on I-4 on the drive over. (For any of you that lives around here, you know that is an almost impossibility.)

Arrived to find they highered the price of parking from $7 to $9, no biggie but I thought I would mention it. Got a nice parking spot in Pluto about 4 rows in from the tram and there was one already waiting for us!

Decided to take the ferry across the lake and C wanted to go upstairs to check out the view. It's funny, you never realize how far away the park is but the tram gal mentioned its 1.5 miles from the TTC.

We walked into the park and headed toward Adventureland as C wanted to ride Pirates of the Carribean. Asked her if she wanted to do The Jungle Cruise first since it was on the way and voila we were in line.

The Jungle Cruise was its cute, corny goodness with the same jokes as last time but that's why we love it.

After that we were going to ride Aladdin's Magic Carpet but it wasn't open. So it was off to POTC! That was a lot of fun and another favorite. I asked Christina what she wanted to do next and she said BTM. So I decided that we should get a FP for Splash Mountain while we wait in line for BTM. The wait time was around 20 minutes for BTM and just as we were about to get on the ride C backed out.

So we still had to kill about 40 minutes until our FP was ready for Splash that I decided we should head over to Tom Sawyers Island. Christina had fun on the playground and shooting the gun out of the fort. It was time for our FP so we took the raft back to land and headed to Splash Mountain. I like the story in this ride, its a shame they won't release the movie in the US. Christina got on the ride and then decided she didn't want to get wet and I told her it was to late as the ride had already started. However, by the end of the ride she was laughing and having a good time.

After SM it was close to lunch and I asked C if she wanted to eat a meal or just grab a snack to hold us over til later. She opted for the snack so we grabbed a bowl of watermelon and some water in Liberty Square.

Then we headed over to the Haunted Mansion where I had to yell at someone. When we got on the ride there was a guy about two cars up that was using his video camera with the light on. So I yelled for him to turn it off. He just kind of looked at me and laughed and continued to record. I then told him, "You ignorant fool, your ruining the ride for everyone else, turn it off or I'm going to add my own commentary and ruin the video for the entire ride." He shut it off, I can't stand that, the purpose of HM is that it's DARK! Hellloooo.... Anyway, enjoyed the ride after that, Christina always really likes the hitchhikers at the end.

Headed over to Fantasyland and got a FP for Peter Pan, then we rode It's a Small World, Pooh and then I wanted to check out the new "playground" nearby. I still don't think we need another playground but it was cute and Christina had a good time.

After doing all that we still had about an hour til we could use our FP and C said she was hungry so we went to Pinnochios Village Haus and ate. We sat at this table and this poor couple with 4 children ended up sitiing on the bench there to eat. So I told them that the table was large enough to share and why don't they join us. They had a daughter a little older than C and we talked about what they were doing today and I found out that they just became AP holders that day. It was a lot of fun, some people are just great.

After that we headed to Peter Pans Flight and that's my personal favorite in Fantasyland. Wasn't able to see Cinderellabration last time we were there so I wanted to make sure that we caught the show today. So C and I headed over to Tomorrowland to get a FP for Space Mountain. This was the first time that she was able to ride it as last time she wasn't tall enough.

So we grabbed some ice cream at The Confectionary and headed toward the castle hub. Got a great spot right up front and there was a little baby in a stroller who was really cute. He had the funniest laugh, so we ate our ice cream and had fun making the little boy laugh until the show started. The show was beautiful and made me cry, I couldn't help it.

Headed over to Tomorrowland after that and we rode the Tomorrowland Transit Authority (*coughs* Wedway People Mover *coughs*) to acclamate Christina to Space Mountain. After the BTM episode I wanted to make sure she was okay with it. At first she was a little apprehensive but she eventually agreed to it.

Rode Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger after we got off TTA and got a really high score because they had to stop the cars which was great.

Then we headed over to Space Mountain and had every intention of going home right after...yeah right.
    Christina was alright with Space Mountain but she wanted to make sure she could see me. So I ended up sitting in front of her and I was worried she wasn't doing well during it but then I heard her going WOOHOO! a few times and I knew she was alright.

Afterwards I asked if she was ready to go home and she said she wanted to do a few more rides so we headed back to Fantasyland.

We then went on Snow White, watched Mickey's Philharmagic and ended the evening with a Carousal ride. I then decided I wanted to go home before it wasn't safe for me to drive. LOL

Unfortunately the parade decided to start at that time so we had to walk all the way around through Tomorrowland and fight the crowds to get to the front of the park. Only took us an hour to finally slide into the car and then we drove home. Christina was out before I even drove off Disney property.

One day at Magic Kingdom: $40 bucks

Your child passed out in the back seat after a day of fun: Priceless...

• Banned User

Re: Trip Report 11/05/05 MK

AWWWWWWW I loved the report, and your last comentary hee hee hee, I am glad you went, you needed it and i needed to read another trip report, I so miss disney!!
    I better take a trip there for 5 days,I want to sooooo bad!
    Pretty cool you live close enough to go, wow 40 bucks, totally cool!

• Banned User

I-4 no traffic? impossable.. even when i go in afternoon on thursdays there is traffic...

• Banned User

Not impossible... for Stitch!!! Activate hyperdrive on I-4... enjoy the effects!

Thumbs up Re: Trip Report 11/05/05 MK

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    When we got on the ride there was a guy about two cars up that was using his video camera with the light on. So I yelled for him to turn it off. He just kind of looked at me and laughed and continued to record. I then told him, "You ignorant fool, your ruining the ride for everyone else, turn it off or I'm going to add my own commentary and ruin the video for the entire ride." He shut it off, I can't stand that, the purpose of HM is that it's DARK! Hellloooo....
    Haha, I'm so glad you yelled at him! I *HATE* when people use bright video camera lights, it's so freaking annoying and can totally ruin a "dark ride" for other guests around them! Kinda like the same ignorant idiots who keep their flash on and take pics of the fireworks... yea great idea, light up everyones head in front of you and white out the actual sky/firework you're trying to see.

Great trip report! Glad you guys had a fun day and since I live way over here on the west coast it's nice to hear about WDW.
    -Wes

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley815
    Kinda like the same ignorant idiots who keep their flash on and take pics of the fireworks... yea great idea, light up everyones head in front of you and white out the actual sky/firework you're trying to see.
    Isn't the flash distance of most cameras about 15ft or so? I always thought that was funny. LOL

I do have pictures from this trip but I was to lazy to put them up this weekend. I'll add them in tonight.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley815
    Haha, I'm so glad you yelled at him! I *HATE* when people use bright video camera lights, it's so freaking annoying and can totally ruin a "dark ride" for other guests around them! Kinda like the same ignorant idiots who keep their flash on and take pics of the fireworks... yea great idea, light up everyones head in front of you and white out the actual sky/firework you're trying to see.

Great trip report! Glad you guys had a fun day and since I live way over here on the west coast it's nice to hear about WDW.
    Ready for our comentary on how everything happens and how to ruin the ride for everyone??

• Happy Memories

Yeah Summer!! Glad you decided to go! Sounds like you had a great day and reading your report actually made me miss my days as an AP.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Not impossible... for Stitch!!! Activate hyperdrive on I-4... enjoy the effects!
    So you're the one who causes all the construction on I-4, I knew there was a reason.

• most magical vaca ever

Summer

Thanks for the trip report....

Wow, no traffic on I-4 that is amazing

$9 for parking now-- Makes staying on property even more worth it when you're going for a vacation

Now I am really that 2006 gets here a lot sooner
    ~~~~~~

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Okay, I uploaded the photos for your enjoyment.

*dances* The pictures of the castle as the sun went down are my favorite, gave it a golden glow.

http://community.webshots.com/album/500218551YJRgwl

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Nice pics - thanks for posting. I'm assuming the lovely young lass in so many pictures is C (or Christina)? You didn't say in your report who she was, but after the 2nd chickening out I kinda figgered it out. . .

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung
    Nice pics - thanks for posting. I'm assuming the lovely young lass in so many pictures is C (or Christina)? You didn't say in your report who she was, but after the 2nd chickening out I kinda figgered it out. . .
    *laughs* Yeah that's my daughter, she's 5 and to quote her teacher, "She's a quiet student." What? Quiet? Are you talking about my daughter? LOL