Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: New WDW Summer Nightastic! TV Spot

Disney has always had poor quality control for their marketing/vacation videos*. Why should this be any different? Though the song was certainly better the second time around.

*especially considering the supposed "management" of the company goes apeS*t if you don't call something by its full complete and marketing/legal/corporate approved name (looking at you MGM, Dixielandings and People mover).

• The Study of Wumbo

Quote Originally Posted by Kidgenie View Post
    The Tea Cups are Disneyland's but only poeple like us would notice.

Your also seeing DL's Space Mountain...

The guns are... Disneylands again!

The song says electric light parade, but he announce say Main Street Electrical parade. They song is taking creative liberties so it can keep timing, rythem and ryhms.

For years, DL footage has been used on the WDW space mountain safety video.... it is what is. I do need to check if that footage is still there in the post refurbishment.
    Please excuse my tone. I was trying to point out the differences in the parks by asking semi-rhetorical questions.

Calling it the "Electric Light Parade" bothers me and many others. It sounds even more generic... Like it might as well be the "Glow in the Park" Parade (at Six Flags, that is.) It's like calling The Haunted Mansion the "haunted house." Or Splash Mountain the "log flume."

By the way, what is up with that shot of Hades lighting the fireworks? That's recycled from the DL HalloweenTime commercial. None of the other shots have animated Disney characters, so all of a sudden there's this animated villain among all the park guests. Not good planning.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by wumbology View Post
    Please excuse my tone. I was trying to point out the differences in the parks by asking semi-rhetorical questions.

Calling it the "Electric Light Parade" bothers me and many others. It sounds even more generic... Like it might as well be the "Glow in the Park" Parade (at Six Flags, that is.) It's like calling The Haunted Mansion the "haunted house." Or Splash Mountain the "log flume."

By the way, what is up with that shot of Hades lighting the fireworks? That's recycled from the DL HalloweenTime commercial. None of the other shots have animated Disney characters, so all of a sudden there's this animated villain among all the park guests. Not good planning.
    You're just saying what we're all thinking when we watch the commercial. There's barely any WDW in the WDW commercial. Let's face it. It's recycled footage since we all know "Walking on Sunshine" should have been playing while the Fantasia gators were riding DL's Tea Cups. There was a discussion about filming in DCA for DLP's Generation Festival, too either in the DL or DLP forum. They film commercials to bring Europeans to Paris' own Disneyland in California!

Awful, Awful, Awful, Awful, terrible, terrible, terrible, just wrong ad. If this is the best ad TDO can make then I lose even more faith in them with its possible two seconds of WDW and 28 seconds of other Disney parks.
    Come all and read about my new Tomorrowland

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by wumbology View Post
    DisneyParks uploaded a new TV spot advertising the Summer Nightastic promotion at Walt Disney World today.

*Original Video Removed by Disney!*
    New Upload:
    YouTube- Walt Disney World Summer Nightastic-TV Spot

The advertisement features a catchy song about all of the offerings this Summer at WDW. And it makes me a little angry.

I'm pretty sure that those tea cups belong to the Mad Tea Party at Disneyland.
    Since when does WDW's Space Mountain have the Imagination Institute out front?
    That dragon is totally misleading for WDW.
    The guns in BLSRS are stuck to the car, not on a wire.
    IT'S NOT THE "ELECTRIC LIGHT PARADE."
    There's no "Hollywood Pictures Backlot" in WDW.
    They really used footage of Hong Kong Disneyland's Orbitron?
    Isn't that costume party shot from the "Celebrate You" music video, or something?
    Hades lit those fireworks on the HalloweenTime commercial.
    Wrong Tower of Terror, Disney.
    Is it "Main Street Electrical Parade" or "Disney's Electrical Parade?" (Not the "Electric Light Parade")

I understand that it's easier to film at Disneyland and to reuse footage, but I wish they'd make a little better effort. At least it's better than the Holiday commercial which showed "it's a small world holiday" right next-door to Cinderella Castle.
    Ahh...

Payback time!

All I can say is the frustration us Disneylanders felt when they showed Cinderella Castle during the 50th anniversary commercials instead of the only true 50 year old Disney castle.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    All that's missing is Walt reading the Dedication of Disneyland superimposed in front of Cinderella Castle.
    That is what I was referring to.

Anyway they could still edit it. And in fact that may be why it was removed. There was a bit of an uproar with Disneyland's Christmas commercial last year ending with a shot of Cinderella Castle so the commercial was edited and the castle was replaced with Sleeping Beauty castle. So this commercial can change even when it is being shown on the air.

That being stated, my guess is that it is much more costly for Disney to make this kind of an edit for a WDW or DLP ad than a DLR ad. They would need to send a camera crew out to Florida and film special scenes and then take it all back to Burbank for editing. The DLR is close to Burbank so last minute changes are a lot easier to do there I would think than with WDW.
    Last edited by DisneyIPresume; 06-02-2010 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Spelling

• The Study of Wumbo

Quote Originally Posted by Koutesu View Post
    There was a discussion about filming in DCA for DLP's Generation Festival, too either in the DL or DLP forum. They film commercials to bring Europeans to Paris' own Disneyland in California!
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    That being stated, my guess is that it is much more costly for Disney to make this kind of an edit for a WDW or DLP ad than a DLR ad. They would need to send a camera crew out to Florida and film special scenes and then take it all back to Burbank for editing. The DLR is close to Burbank so last minute changes are a lot easier to do there I would think than with WDW.
    I can understand that, I suppose. It still shows a little bit of laziness. They were able to film WDW commercials in WDW in the 90's.

Haven't they started using some sort of half-Cinderella half-Sleeping Beauty castle hybrid in the DisneyParks commercials? That's pretty cheap.

I'd even be okay if they filmed 80% the same commercial and had a small amount of specific footage to identify with the actual park.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Minion

Angry Walt Disney World Summer Nightastic Commercial rip off

I went on DisneyParks youtube channel today and noticed a Walt Disney World Summer Nightastic commercial
    Strangely enough almost every ride and sight in the commercial were from Disneyland precisely
    ex. Tower of Terror, Space Mountain exterior, Jungle Cruise, and old recycled clips from prievious Disneyland commercials (Hades lighting fireworks)
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlGTWX3NIPE]YouTube - Walt Disney World Summer Nightastic-TV Spot[/ame]

After watching it, I felt disgusted by such a unoriginal lame commercial
    Please post your thoughts on the commercial

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Re: Walt Disney World Summer Nightastic Commercial rip off

It has been like this for years. lol

• Parking Lot > DCA

Stupid commercial. Lame soundtrack.

• Dream in wonderful color!

yeah, i've definitely seen better Disney commercials. that's pretty sad.

although it's not as bad as that one commercial where they had Walt giving DL's opening day speech in front of WDW's castle.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

Yeah, I noticed that a few days ago too.
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• Minion

that was 100% old disneyland footage from what I can tell
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    yeah, i've definitely seen better Disney commercials. that's pretty sad.

although it's not as bad as that one commercial where they had Walt giving DL's opening day speech in front of WDW's castle.
    OMG!!!! Really? That's really sad. Lol. Is there a link to a video?
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• Northwest Disneyphile

Happens all the time. Often the whole spot will be shot at or contain elements from Disneyland with Cinderella Castle at the end. I don't know if Disneyland is more photogenic or if its just easier to shoot at Disneyland because of it's proximity to LA.
    Broadway Duchess, Darling if you only knew half as much as everybody thinks you do

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast