Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• The Study of Wumbo

New WDW Summer Nightastic! TV Spot (merged threads)

DisneyParks uploaded a new TV spot advertising the Summer Nightastic promotion at Walt Disney World today.

*Original Video Removed by Disney!*
    New Upload:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlGTWX3NIPE"]YouTube- Walt Disney World Summer Nightastic-TV Spot[/ame]

The advertisement features a catchy song about all of the offerings this Summer at WDW. And it makes me a little angry.

I'm pretty sure that those tea cups belong to the Mad Tea Party at Disneyland.
    Since when does WDW's Space Mountain have the Imagination Institute out front?
    That dragon is totally misleading for WDW.
    The guns in BLSRS are stuck to the car, not on a wire.
    IT'S NOT THE "ELECTRIC LIGHT PARADE."
    There's no "Hollywood Pictures Backlot" in WDW.
    They really used footage of Hong Kong Disneyland's Orbitron?
    Isn't that costume party shot from the "Celebrate You" music video, or something?
    Hades lit those fireworks on the HalloweenTime commercial.
    Wrong Tower of Terror, Disney.
    Is it "Main Street Electrical Parade" or "Disney's Electrical Parade?" (Not the "Electric Light Parade")

I understand that it's easier to film at Disneyland and to reuse footage, but I wish they'd make a little better effort. At least it's better than the Holiday commercial which showed "it's a small world holiday" right next-door to Cinderella Castle.
    Last edited by wumbology; 06-01-2010 at 01:42 PM.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: New WDW Summer Nightastic! TV Spot

Wow...that's all I can say. I can understand using the DCA MSEP footage, since maybe they haven't had time to film it for a commercial, but the other footage, especially the HKDL Orbitron is just unexcusable.

Really bad show.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Now with 5% more insanity

I'm really about fed up with WDW. Do they seriously have to be this cheap? *facepalm*

• Disney Memory Maker

The commercial is a bit disapointing (though for the record, the float at WDW does still say "Disney's Electrical Parade")... but really... who cares? I'm happy about all the changes they are making for Summer Nightastic (wonderful fireworks display, Electrical Parade, Tower changes, etc). There's no major additions, but it's a nice set of updates and festivities for the summer season. So yes, they screwed up the commercial big time... but its just a commercial... nothing more.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

*takes a deep breath* I guess I'm just a bit jealous that it seems like DLR has been getting a lot of attention lately. WDW is my home park, and I feel like the Fantasy Land expansion isn't enough to fix the wrongs that have been done to it, so when I see such a cruddy commercial like this, it upsets me and reminds me of the things that are wrong.

I guess I need to calm down a little and remember Disneyland hasn't been the greatest at times as well.

Sorry.

• Once upon a dream

Wumbology pointed out all the flaws in the commercial. Same thing happened with WDW dining commercial. I was even there in December when they were filming that commercial. Anyways, Bananas... you could blame TDO for that as they are too lazy to actually do anything with WDW. They cant even put some fun construction walls like DLR has. TDO just puts plain ones up with a picture or two ( FL Expansion ) while TDA puts up constructions walls with pictures on almost every one or at least not plain. Blah blah blah... etc etc etc. You get the point.

Thank you Solitary!

Wait a second... what does TDO stand for? I'm not sure I understand that...

• The Study of Wumbo

Quote Originally Posted by BANANAZ View Post
    Wait a second... what does TDO stand for? I'm not sure I understand that...
    Team Disney Orlando?
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• The Study of Wumbo

Oh, and look, DisneyParks has made the video "private" now.
    -Hale (wumbology)

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by wumbology View Post
    Oh, and look, DisneyParks has made the video "private" now.
    Ouch! It looks like they couldn't handle all the criticism. It's for the better. Maybe now WDW will put more effort in their commercials like Disneyland.

• The Study of Wumbo

Quote Originally Posted by Clandestine View Post
    Ouch! It looks like they couldn't handle all the criticism. It's for the better. Maybe now WDW will put more effort in their commercials like Disneyland.
    When I looked, YouTube users certainly noticed the cheats but no one was too heated... (BANANAZ)
    -Hale (wumbology)

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

TDO is run by drunken monkeys.

• Bangarang!

All that's missing is Walt reading the Dedication of Disneyland superimposed in front of Cinderella Castle.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• The Study of Wumbo

The video has been uploaded again in case you haven't seen it yet.
    -Hale (wumbology)

Quote Originally Posted by wumbology View Post
    DisneyParks uploaded a new TV spot advertising the Summer Nightastic promotion at Walt Disney World today.

*Original Video Removed by Disney!*
    New Upload:

YouTube- Walt Disney World Summer Nightastic-TV Spot

The advertisement features a catchy song about all of the offerings this Summer at WDW. And it makes me a little angry.

I'm pretty sure that those tea cups belong to the Mad Tea Party at Disneyland.
    Since when does WDW's Space Mountain have the Imagination Institute out front?
    That dragon is totally misleading for WDW.
    The guns in BLSRS are stuck to the car, not on a wire.
    IT'S NOT THE "ELECTRIC LIGHT PARADE."
    There's no "Hollywood Pictures Backlot" in WDW.
    They really used footage of Hong Kong Disneyland's Orbitron?
    Isn't that costume party shot from the "Celebrate You" music video, or something?
    Hades lit those fireworks on the HalloweenTime commercial.
    Wrong Tower of Terror, Disney.
    Is it "Main Street Electrical Parade" or "Disney's Electrical Parade?" (Not the "Electric Light Parade")

I understand that it's easier to film at Disneyland and to reuse footage, but I wish they'd make a little better effort. At least it's better than the Holiday commercial which showed "it's a small world holiday" right next-door to Cinderella Castle.
    I don't mind the commercial. I find the song catchy and the visuals are more generic. Disney saving a buck but it does not offended me that they did not go to WDW to film a WDW commerical. It really just doesn't. its part of "Disney Parks" strategy, they are all one.

The Tea Cups are Disneyland's but only poeple like us would notice.

Your also seeing DL's Space Mountain, and that is why you see the Imagination Institute sign in front of it.

In all Marketing, from park maps to bill boards, the Dragon in Fantastic has almost always been exaggerated. its Marketing! They are trying to capture the feel of a 22 minute show in a 2 second visual.

The guns are... Disneylands again!

The song says electric light parade, but he announce say Main Street Electrical parade. They song is taking creative liberties so it can keep timing, rythem and ryhms.

I just shugged at the commercial. For years, DL footage has been used on the WDW space mountain safety video.... it is what is. I do need to check if that footage is still there in the post refurbishment.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast