• Minion

Curiious Thing About this Year's X-Mas Tree

ORWEN: So anyway, ducklings, us Cauldron girls decided to swoop down into the Magic Kingdom this past weekend--11/5/05--and meet up with a friend from Morva who had never been to the second happiest place on Earth before. It was a beautiful day with a perfect temperature.

ORDDU: But, then, what to our wandering eyes should appear? Christmas decorations on Main Street already!

ORWEN: Along with a mis-placed Christmas tree! This year they decided to erect the Christmas tree over near the entrance to--of all places--Tomorrowland!!!

ORDDU: When we inquired about this, one cast member said it was because the current state of the Train Station in Town Square makes very bad backdrop for the Christmas Tree at the moment. He went on to say that the refurbishment of the Train Station is behind schedule so that meant moving the Christmas tree from its usual location in Town Square to the open area to the left as you start to walk towards Tomorrowland.

ORWEN: But we're just surprised they've started decorating for Christmas so early this year at all!! Why not wait just a little longer?

ORDDU: Indeed! Especially since the cast member we talked to also mentioned that the Christmas Tree may eventually be moved back to Town Square--where it belongs--after the Train Station refurbishment is completed. But he didn't know exactly how much longer the refurbishment will last. He merely said they were behind schedule.

ORWEN: In the meantime, the current location of the Christmas tree just doesn't look at all right--especially with Tomorrowland as a backdrop for the big old thing!!

ORGOCH: Somethin' else don't look right, neither!! The way ya all went 'n spelled curious in yer topic title up there! What's up with them two i's up there?!

ORDDU: The better to SEE you with, my dear...

• meganmegaphone

Re: Curiious Thing About this Year's X-Mas Tree

Well... I guess the sooner they have the tree up, the sooner the can start selling more of those santa hats...

"Back off, Lilo... he's all mine!"
    My MySpace... or...My Facebook
    Coldplay = Love

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue." - The Office (BBC)

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that they are taping the disneyland segment for the Christmas Parade way earlier than they did last year. Maybe they are taping at WDW much earlier as well. Hmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• meganmegaphone

Quote Originally Posted by BDBopper
    Maybe it has something to do with the fact that they are taping the disneyland segment for the Christmas Parade way earlier than they did last year. Maybe they are taping at WDW much earlier as well. Hmmmm
    Oh snap! That's it!! I remember now... the choreographer at my audition said they had taped the parade this weekend.

"Back off, Lilo... he's all mine!"
    My MySpace... or...My Facebook
    Coldplay = Love

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue." - The Office (BBC)

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I was there the same time you were....you three were....erm....yeah.

Did you see the back side of the tree with the big patch of lights that weren't on? It was kind of funny looking to me. I agree that is kind of in an akward place but I do love that they had decorations up already, made the day even better for us.

I took a photo of the tree, I'll post it later tonight. I took it from the Wedway People Mover (TTA) so I might have to do some heavy editing.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Thats true, the train station was supposed to be wrapping up by now...hmm.
    I am very shocked though that the tree isn't in it's spot. I've yet to see a photo but it just sounds wrong.