Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking 1st Video Of Main Street's Electrical Parade Actually In The Magic Kingdom!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5FEeOLcefY"]YouTube - Main Street Electrical Parade 2010 at Magic Kingdom[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o7_WMcwhno&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Disney's Main Street Electrical Parade at Magic Kingdom[/ame]

Enjoy. I'm sure better, HD versions will be out after this weekend. I understand this was a cast preview.
    Last edited by Micoofy Duck; 06-05-2010 at 08:36 PM.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Re: 1st Video Of Main Street's Electrical Parade Actually In The Magic Kingdom!

Wow, the LEDs look amazing. So psyched to see it this summer.
    someday, when we are wiser,
    when the world's older,
    when we have learned

http://nicoleloveswalt.tumblr.com/

"It's kind of fun to do the i m p o s s i b l e ."
    - Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Since it is playing in the Magic Kingdom, they announced it as "The Main Street Eletrical Parade", rather than just "Disney's Electrical Parade"

Just saw it last week, it looked great !

sigh....so jealous that WDW will see it this summer and I won't while at DL. enjoy it WDW! they all sounded so excited :-)

• Koubu Pilot

I miss the Electrical Parade!! So if Nerd-land starring Harry Potter crushes Nightastic at WDW this summer, does that mean we get the parade back in Anaheim faster? I do have to pick a team to cheer for the summer.

• Minion

Wow - this is so different from the last time I saw it in 1978. What happened to the music? Sounds very different. Has it been re-recorded? The announcement sounded all garbled, rather than the funky synthesized version they used to use. Nice to see that the older units have been "plussed".

Also, isn't the parade going in the wrong direction? It used to come down Main Street. This one seems to be going up main street instead.

Where is the Blue Fairy that always lead off the parade???

• Once upon a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    Wow - this is so different from the last time I saw it in 1978. What happened to the music? Sounds very different. Has it been re-recorded? The announcement sounded all garbled, rather than the funky synthesized version they used to use. Nice to see that the older units have been "plussed".

Also, isn't the parade going in the wrong direction? It used to come down Main Street. This one seems to be going up main street instead.

Where is the Blue Fairy that always lead off the parade???
    TDA made updates to MSEP and that includes Tinkerbell being the lead float now, updated music that is similar to Tokyo's Dream Lights, and Dumbo floats leaving.

Thank you Solitary!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

The changes were introduced in 2009 in DCA. The Snow White sections and Pinnochio sections were added back in, and the Blue Fairy was replace by Tinkerbell. Tink also added her "sparkle" through ALL the parade float (along with an annoying sound). The Circus Train with King Leonidas and Dumbo were taken out of the parade, also. The Flag Finale received better looking fireworks, and they ruined the sound of the parade with the update.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksRichard View Post
    they all sounded so excited :-)
    I noticed that too...the CMs (this was a CM preview) really seemed to give it their full enthusiasm, especially for a pretty empty Main Street. I hope regular guests give it the same treatment, as it deserves it!

I really wish we could make it down there for Summer Nightastic!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

I remember seeing most of this parade in the Magic Kingdom in 85 when I was four. I think it originally started there before it moved to California. Most of the floats or whatever you call them are the same but I think they added some new ones I hear. We still have our old pictures from back in the day. I do remember it saying The Main Street Electrical Parade and the music sounded the same from what I saw in the video above.

By the time my brother was born and he turned four the parade was gone and SpectroMagic had taken it's place when we took him. I hope the parade is around next summer cause we usually try to hit Disney every other year.

• Once upon a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Timon'sGirl View Post
    I remember seeing most of this parade in the Magic Kingdom in 85 when I was four. I think it originally started there before it moved to California. Most of the floats or whatever you call them are the same but I think they added some new ones I hear. We still have our old pictures from back in the day. I do remember it saying The Main Street Electrical Parade and the music sounded the same from what I saw in the video above.

By the time my brother was born and he turned four the parade was gone and SpectroMagic had taken it's place when we took him. I hope the parade is around next summer cause we usually try to hit Disney every other year.
    Actually it started in California in 72 and then moved to Magic Kingdom in 77. Then went back to California Adventures in 2001 then went back to Magic Kingdom this year for a few months or a year. Then it will return back to its home in DLR.

Thank you Solitary!

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Timon'sGirl View Post

It started with the Electrical Water Pageant (is the right name for it?) in WDW, then Disneyland did a parade version of it before the more fleshed out floats you see now were created. I believe most of the current floats you see were from the late '70s, the Pinocchio Pleasure Island unit is from the early '80s, Honor America from '79?, and Tinkerbell is from 2009.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Koutesu View Post
    Honor America from '79?
    I just read somewhere that "Honor America" was from 1975, for the [then] upcoming Bicentennial.

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    I just read somewhere that "Honor America" was from 1975, for the [then] upcoming Bicentennial.
    I know the parade has had a couple different finales (neon and small world). Weren't '75 and '76 the years the parade was on hiatus for an evening encore of the parade that was done for the bicentennial?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast