Question Where is there land at WDW for anothe park the size of DHS?

Just wondered if anyone has an aerial that shows vacant land at WDW for another park someday. About 200 acres. Reason: so it won't get used up in some lessor manner.

• I'm not really here

Re: Where is there land at WDW for anothe park the size of DHS?

Map from Google Maps
    Property boundaries from the Reedy Creek Improvement District Wiki page.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

They do, but they need to improve the parks they have now before thinking about building anything new.

• DVC owner and loving it !

Looks like enough room to put two or three more parks. Nice pic mycroft. More parks = more breathing room bring it on!

• May the F=ma be with you

The previously posted map can be misleading because not all available land is suitable for development.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• I'm not really here

Also have to remember that Disney has taken unsuitable land and made it suitable before. For the Lights Motors Action stunt show they altered the course of a canal. For the Magic Kingdom they drained a swamp and shored it up. Was the largest earth moving project in the country at the time.

So that suitability map is also misleading. Given an economic demand and a real reason to put it somewhere, Disney will move mountains to build it there.

I also agree with aimster... existing parks should be made as good as they can possibly be before expansion otherwise you end up with more problems than solutions.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Thanks guys for the maps. I have been to WDW many times since 1976, but not since 2000 to see AK.

I felt there was much new development and some areas were being "filled in." Wasn't quite like being in a vast forest with only the MK and the two monorail hotels to take up space. FW was there too and a water park, if I remember.

From the Reedy Creek map, looks like there are only a couple of really sizeable land sites for a new park someday. Better reserve now.

First, the area west of MK. I know there is a golf course there now owned by the government. But how much is still is yellow color???

Second, an area I guess just north of the sports complex and near I-5. Both look like over 200 acres needed. RandySavage and I would like to identify possible sites for our new plan to make it realistic.

Five years from now, Disney may have built some small developments or sold off portions like they did near 192.

Cheers