Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Re: Disney-MGM staying for now!

ORGOCH: It don't matter none ta THIS Cauldron gal whether er not Dizzy M&M's got a new sign er not. The dang park just ain't much fun any more. What they OUGHT ta do is bring back Super Duper Star TV, Monster Mash Sound Stage an' the two flicks they used ta have over at the Animation buildin'...

• Monorail Racer

I like the newer version of the sign, too. I agree with Witches that the old Super Star Television and Monster Sound Stages returning would be nice.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    The merchandise is what will show it, not the acutal singage.
    Well Merch has been around for a few years now that says "Disney Studios Florida" and "Walt Disney Studios". What kill sit is the fulxuations of merch that still says Disney-MGM Studios with Mickey in his director's chair.

Honestly untill someone posted that it was only half tile now, I knew something looked a smidgeon different, but I didn't notice! Wow.
    It looks good though.

• Super Old Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway
    I really enjoyed the Magic of Disney Animation when I went a couple of weeks ago.
    I haven't been since they gutted the Florida animation department. What does the tour consist of? Are you seeing a bunch of empty animation desks? It just seems that it would be depressing.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung
    I haven't been since they gutted the Florida animation department. What does the tour consist of? Are you seeing a bunch of empty animation desks? It just seems that it would be depressing.
    You watch a film with an animator (real life) and Mushu (animated). After that, you go into a big room where there are many activities (basically a free for all). There is one section where you take a picture with Disney's newest characters (currently Chicken Little), and there are mainly computer games (kind of like the ones at the post show to Sounds Dangerous...except animation themed). There is also a special theater (called the Animation Academy) where everyone has a sheet of paper and a pencil & a real animator teaches you how to teach a certain character (usually Mickey, goofy, donald, etc). Also, no sarcasm, this is a real animator (not a CM posing as an animator). It was basically remodeled after the one in California.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung
    What does the tour consist of? .
    Ha ha ha...tour?

Yeah we don't get to see that part of the world anymore.

For a while after FAF was closed down, the tour did indeed lead guests past empty cubicles (some that still had things like coffee mugs and such laying around as if employees rushed out), while the CMs made some company PR comments about consolidating all operations in Burbank.

It would have been funny if it weren't so pathethic.

Anyway, I don't for a second believe the Disney-MGM Studios park will be renamed at any point in the near future (and I did see the new arch in person last weekend and it looked great). These rumors have been off and on for AT LEAST five years now. And just because some Internet site says something doesn't make it true.

I actually do have some good news regarding the Studios though.

Sid Cahuenga's One of a Kind Shop is back to selling truly unique memorbilia and collectables instead of Disney crap. I truly thought this treasure was going the way of so many other WDW past glories, but the place has been restocked with everything from autographed items, to movie props to books (non-Disney) about Hollywood and the movies.

Just wonderful to see ... so next time you're at WDW and you feel the need to spend $200 on cheap, crappy pins that will never be worth more than what you buy them for (likely a whole lot less), just think about maybe buying something with some value that may keep Sid's a fixture at the park for decades to come instead of turning it into a plush, pin and princess pagoda!

Ah ... feels so good to be back from my (non-Disney) cruise and weekend at the AKL. Anyone miss me? C'mon ... someone?

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    Ah ... feels so good to be back from my (non-Disney) cruise and weekend at the AKL. Anyone miss me? C'mon ... someone?
    I thought a few weeks back you were saying your area got knocked around by the hurricane, and now you're cruising? Priorities, man!

Anyway, any disgusting housekeeping habits found at the AKL this time?

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    I thought a few weeks back you were saying your area got knocked around by the hurricane, and now you're cruising? Priorities, man!

Anyway, any disgusting housekeeping habits found at the AKL this time?
    Yes, Wilma screwed up my trip bigtime as I was supposed to spend five nights in San Juan before the cruise. That turned into one quick night.

SoFla is still a mess. Traffic signals are out in places. Debris everywhere and so many beautiful trees are gone. It's really quite sad. FEMA is a joke as they don't see fit to help out. But thankfully after I come up with 3 grand, the insurance company will take care of my roof, buy me a new fence and pay for some new landscaping. But it's all sad. And, naturally, like with Katrina in New Orleans and Mississippi and Rita in Texas, once it's gone the media moves on even though the misery is left behind. We still have folks living in shelters, people sleeping in tents where their homes were, massive government mismanagement, full power was just restored to everyone 48 hours ago ... so yes, the cruise was a nice respite. (although I learned that seven rum punches in St. Lucia is more alcohol than I can handle ... I'll know better next time!)

And AKL housekeeping was generally pretty good, although some of the sheets were torn in places and had some stains ... meaning they should have been thrown out. At a four-star resort, this should be obvious, but I would guess most of the housekeepers are so poor they don't see (and haven't been trained) to recognize the problem. The beds should also always be triple-sheeted, something most chain hotels are now doing. Do you really want to sleep with comforters and blankets touching your skin that have been with hundreds and hundreds of others? I don't.

• Super Old Guy

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    Hey, the web has been wall to wall yapping this past week about the changes coming in Pirates, and you were nowhere to be found! I'm glad you're back, and I look forward to you weighing in on the sitch!!!

I knew you'd miss me Danny.

Frankly, I have a wait-and-see attitude about the Pirates changes. But I am cautiously optimistic and while part of me thinks the DL version is damn near perfect, I am not against change when it truly plusses an attraction. Even the movie tie-in doesn't bother me because 1.) the first film was terrific and 2.) it's introduced the whole Pirates concept to a new generation.

Walt himself wasn't against change. My problem is when they take something away and either don't replace it or replace it with something vastly inferior.

Everything that Al reported on sounds like truly positive changes. And the MK version can use anything at this point.

I can't (well, yes I can) understand the hysterics going on about the changes. People need to relax a bit. My guess is that many of the new effects/storyline are part of the Pirate Mountain concept in development for Hong Kong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12