Thread: Mickey Mouse

• Future Imagineer

Mickey Mouse

Okay, I'm not really sure where to post this... as it is a Disney question in general. So move it where you must. Lol.

I remember around the time I first found out about the FLE back in like Sept or Oct I read an article about how Mickey was getting a "make-over" making him more "edgy" or whatever. Basically they wanted to re-draw Mickey in a way that would emulate the original Mickey and his mischievousness.

What happened to this? Did I just read some rumor? Just curious.

• Future Imagineer

Re: Mickey Mouse

Nvm, I found it. This thread can now sink into oblivion

• Banned User

Actually I am interested in a link to this topic if you have one.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

I believe the OP is refering to how Mickey is going to be depicted in the new game Epic Mickey. For Wii
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• The Study of Wumbo

Yeah, it's Epic Mickey.

I don't think it has much to do with how he's drawn, other than just returning to the red shorts and yellow shoes more often.

When they say "mischevious" and "edgy," I think they really just mean they're turning him back into a well-rounded character instead of just an icon.

Remember, in "Steamboat Willie," Mickey hits animals to make sounds come out of them. In "Symphony Hour," Mickey puts a gun to Donald's head.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Future Imagineer

http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/jo...=6129195388602

The article I originally read way back downplayed the whole fact that it was ONLY for the Wii game. The spin they put on it sounded like the were re-vamping Mickey completely.

Unfortunately, I've read a lot of mixed reviews. The article I found again is very negative, but some of the things I read have a more positive look, like wumbo pointed out.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

and in plane crazy he pushes minnie out of an airplane when she won't kiss him
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• The Study of Wumbo

Quote Originally Posted by inluvwithbeast View Post
    The article I originally read way back downplayed the whole fact that it was ONLY for the Wii game. The spin they put on it sounded like the were re-vamping Mickey completely.
    I think they are revamping him completely. Starting with the Wii game. But it's not a bad thing.

Right now, Mickey is more of a logo, as I see it. He's a totally flat character. No personality. I think that's what they're trying to change.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by wumbology View Post
    Right now, Mickey is more of a logo, as I see it. He's a totally flat character. No personality. I think that's what they're trying to change.
    It's like Mikey Eisner never left.

• Future Imagineer

I think they are revamping him completely. Starting with the Wii game. But it's not a bad thing.

I whole-heartedly agree.

Btw, the original article I read said that Mickey was the Bart Simpson of his day. :P

• Minion

Mickey is very much very 3D and very much a character more then just an icon every morning on the Disney channel on Mickey Mouse Club House. He is also very PC and sweet even nice to Pete on a regular basis. As great of a kid show as this is I believe this is what they are combating with the new "edge"