Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is DHS a full-day park now?

I haven't been to Disney Hollywood Studios since 2000. Ten years ago. Since I read of some people complaining that DAK is not a full-day park, I wondered if the same people consider DHS a full-day park now.

I first visited DHS (then Disney/MGM Studios) in 1989, its first year. Yes, I did not find it a full-day adventure. Backlot tour was forced and artificial, no thrill rides that I remember. Tower of Terror, Rock 'n Roll Coaster and Star Tours weren't there. But Indy was there along with the Great Movie Ride, then fresh in 1989.

But, after all these rides and other things were added, I would think it would take most of the day to see (car stunt show included) and ride everything. Am I right?

PS: I still think Disney did a movie theme better than USO! Not true in California - DCA vs USH.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: Is DHS a full-day park now?

if you goto the shows... it's a full day park. If you are the type that only wants to goto rides and skip theatres... you will leave after lunch.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

If you visit EVERY attraction at DHS (this includes all of the live shows) and spend sometime enjoying the streetmosphere characters and the other little offerings around the park, you can easily spend a whole day at the place.

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    if you goto the shows... it's a full day park. If you are the type that only wants to goto rides and skip theatres... you will leave after lunch.
    This is a good way to sum it up. The park is thin on actual (aka non-show) attractions, but there are so many shows that it's impossible to hit all of them in one day. When I went I spent 2 days at DHS and we still ended up missing AI.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I guess I am always in the minority. I have always thought that all the Disney World parks were worth a few days each on my visits. Then again, I am the type that likes to ride as many rides as I possibly can. I love to take pictures. I love to see all the shows, and visit the sit down restaurants. I like to get to the park early, and stay late. I never seem to do it all.

Recently, I took some friends (a mom and her two school-age boys) who had never been before. We did spend the full day, and didn't do everything there was to do, not by a long shot. We didn't do Indiana Jones show or the backlot tour, or the beauty and the beast show, or the animation tour, or visit any characters, or go to the honey I shrunk the audience playground, or the American Idol Experience.

We did do Toy Story Mania, Tower of terror, Rock-n-Roller Coaster, Lights Motorcade Action (cool car-stunt show), Muppet 3D movie, the Great Movie ride, playhouse disney, Star Tours, and little mermaid show. Fantasmic (a show at night) is definitely worth seeing too.

Yes you can spend a full day, particularly if you haven't been in ten years there is a lot that is new to you. Enjoy!

• We Go On.

I always spend a whole day at DHS. There really is a lot to do there.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

As everyone already stated, it is a full day if you go and see everything there is to see. If you just want rides, than no. In the past it was only a half day park, but since they added so much more you can easily spend the entire day there.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• The Study of Wumbo

I've yet to do everything at the Studios in my two trips. Then again, I don't think I've ever put in a real, full day into it. And there are things I'm just not interested in seeing, like Indiana Jones and Sounds Dangerous.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Banned User

Indiana Jones is a good show. Sounds Dangerous is highly skippable. A good place for a nap, though.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    Indiana Jones is a good show. Sounds Dangerous is highly skippable. A good place for a nap, though.
    Voyage of the Little Mermaid is a great place for a nap too. They wake you up by pouring water on your face so you feel totally refreshed.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• 60 Dazzling Years!

I get a full day out of all the WDW parks, and Epcot is a 2 day park. I never understood the half day park thing.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by OC2Epcot View Post
    I get a full day out of all the WDW parks, and Epcot is a 2 day park. I never understood the half day park thing.
    It started off as a half-day thing. That's the point. The question is if it's STILL a half-day park and obviously from all the responses, the answer is no.

Still, for me personally, it's way too much shows. It's like going to a theater and just watching movies or shows all day.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by OC2Epcot View Post
    Neither have I. When I go to the parks its with my family and we can barely get in what everybody wants to do in a day. Sometimes finding a place to eat is the biggest challenge of all.

I bet if I went alone every park would be half day adventures, but when going with my family--things get crazy...

Yes it is a Full Day park depending on what you want to do and always around the Holidays.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast