Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

at least this aint baloons and pepto-bismal pink!!!!

but it is almost as bad... i like it without the mirrow..... (though i wouldn't mind everything else go down....)

• Disney Prince

the mirror ruined it, it was absolutely magical without the mirror I hope when the celebration is over they only take the mirror out and leave all the other gold accents behind...the castle would look so dull without them now.

I was also wondering if the 'real' Sleeping Beauty Castle (because the DL castle looks more like Snow White's German castle) and the Japanese Cinderella Castle would get a makeover they seem to deserve one now that WDW is getting one not that France needs it though and the Cinderellabration decoration Arches over at Tokyo sure beats the heck out of all that gold.

• Banned User

That entire overlay seems really out of scale. However, it is a little more whimsical than the birthday cake.

Speaking of overlays, you guys remember how terrible that joker theme was for Disneyland Paris 5th b-day? Anyone remember that 1 anniversary birthday cake either?

• Banned User

Here's the 5th anniversary overlay:

http://www.cix.co.uk/~neverland/dlp/pics/5castle.jpg

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey
    That entire overlay seems really out of scale. However, it is a little more whimsical than the birthday cake.

Speaking of overlays, you guys remember how terrible that joker theme was for Disneyland Paris 5th b-day? Anyone remember that 1 anniversary birthday cake either?
    Yes, I saw both in person. (I have pictures of both DLP overlays somewhere) The 5th anniversary jester overlay was ok. The ist anniversary strawberry cake overlay was a bit too much but ok, as opposed to the Pepto-Abysmal explotion of WDW's 25th anniversary overlay.

• Banned User

Here is a photo of DLParis' 1st anniversary castle overlay.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...415&p=71197249

• Banned User

I like that much better than the jester thing and the pink cake. It's too bad there aren't that many trees left on that hill anymore.

*Please excuse me while I barf*

Thank you. That enourmous thing is horrible and mounstrous. Where's Szalinsky's machine when you really need it??? And you know the worst part??? This is going to be my first time to Disney World!!! So I'm getting this horrible first time impression of a beautiful castle. And I thought the thing in the concept art looked big.

And I like the castle cake better than the festival of fools thing in paris. At least pepto-cake was preety in its own... weird way.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Just for an event...chill.

The giant "mirror" arrived just in time for the special ATF Columbian "war on drugs" keynote speech and "just sniff no" Convention. The giant rolled 100 dollar bill is on it's way from Miami.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    If California throwing up over FL is a good thing? then bring it on!! WDW needs all the help they can get!

NO, Cali throwing up all over WDW is NOT a good thing. WDW is just fine without DL coming in and taking over. In fact WDW could do without some of the crap they have now. *cough* stich *cough*

Again I say that when WDW did its 25 year thing, what did DL do??? Nothing? so why do we have to cover all of WDW with DL crap?

*I dont like DL in case you cant tell*

*end rant*

Aw Whinge! Whinge! Whinge! Whinge

• Minion

WOO! AT least it's something to distract you from the hideous "Walmart" color scheme that's already there.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by monorail_rider
    NO, Cali throwing up all over WDW is NOT a good thing. WDW is just fine without DL coming in and taking over. In fact WDW could do without some of the crap they have now. *cough* stich *cough*

Again I say that when WDW did its 25 year thing, what did DL do??? Nothing? so why do we have to cover all of WDW with DL crap?

*I dont like DL in case you cant tell*

*end rant*
    While I love DL, I can agree in a small way. I fail to see why WDW has to do anything for DL's 50th. DL should get all the funds, new rides, updates and special treatment. I don't think any of the other parks should be getting anything.

Quote Originally Posted by monorail_rider

*end rant*

I sort of agree with you. Each park should do there own thing. But i am glad WDW is guetting this hideous looking overlay and it looks like Disneyland is getting some revenge over WDW. Disneyland has been getting lots of WDW junk over here for years especially merchandise. (why in the world do they sale merchandise for attractions that are not even in Disneyland. Like Countdown to extinction) Now WDW wanted to steall some thunder from Disneylands 50th birthday and they are getting the equivalent of the brides maid dress ugly and unfit for anything imaginable.

The mirror is just way to big. They should just leave the other gold accents up. My question is why they place that big 50 on the mirror? Does it even say its Disneyland 50 or did they just place a big 50 to confuse everyone that looks at the castle? Why did they even place charcters all over the castle? Its not like its fifty years of most of those characters. Some of them are older than that

Sorry i forgot to say hello. Just joined micechat. It is great reading everyones posts

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast