• I'm Wishing...

Smile Before contacting the audition hotline?

Hi, everybody! I am so sorry for posting this thread, as I know you must be bombarded by these types of questions constantly, but if anybody has any info, I would love to get some answers before contacting the hotline!

I am 16 years old and was considering moving to Florida next summer (whereupon I would be 17) to work at WDW. It would, hopefully, be after landing a face character audition. I am completely aware that these are difficult and that there are very slim chances, but I'd still like to try. I already have a lot of info regarding the auditions (thank you to everybody who has helped me out!), but I was actually hoping to gain insight on the actual employment description and the possible set-backs for auditioning at a young age.

1. What is the shortest duration you are allowed to apply for? I know that Disney can opt to hire CMs for a 'seasonal' period of time, but how short is that, exactly? Would they realistically accept an application for a 3 month period (including training time, ect)?

2. Are there any limitations being hired at 17, as opposed to being hired at 18 or above? Are there limitations on work hours, departments, or opportunities?

3. If I were to be cast, would I be given the opportunity to stay in the dorms provided for CMs? Do these come with employment, or do they require additional fees?

4. After you have already been cast, does Disney frown upon returning to serve longer durations, or returning at all? Would being cast at WDW potentially ruin my chances of applying at another Disney resort? Or would it unlock more opportunities (such as work at Disneyland, Tokyo, or Hong Kong)?

Thank you so very much for your help. If nothing can be answered, I will of course resort to calling the hotline, but before bothering them I would love to discover anything you guys have insight on. Thanks a bunch!!
    All it takes is a dream and a wish!

• Minion

Re: Before contacting the audition hotline?

Well, I can't answer your most pertinent questions, but I will say to work at another resort you need to be fluent in that countries primary language, I know because I wanted to become a CM at DLP, but i'm fluent in Spanish and not French However, good luck with your quest

• I'm Wishing...

Quote Originally Posted by Joelio View Post
    Well, I can't answer your most pertinent questions, but I will say to work at another resort you need to be fluent in that countries primary language, I know because I wanted to become a CM at DLP, but i'm fluent in Spanish and not French However, good luck with your quest
    Haha thank you so much! Yes, I'm nearly fluent in Spanish and I have just started on my second year in French. I've also got conversational basics in Japanese and sign language!

• Minion

Well, it doesn't seem like languages are a problem then, its looking like you'll be fine . Good luck in your quest and keep us posted.

• I'm Wishing...

Quote Originally Posted by Joelio View Post
    Well, it doesn't seem like languages are a problem then, its looking like you'll be fine . Good luck in your quest and keep us posted.
    Haha, thank you very much for your support!

• Characters are my friends

For the housing question, the answer would be no. The housing is only for the interns on the college program
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

• I'm Wishing...

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    For the housing question, the answer would be no. The housing is only for the interns on the college program
    Wow, thank you. I never knew that!

• Doesnt matterhorn to me!

You should really try out the college program! It's a good program and even if you don't get into Entertainment, you can always work your way up
    Nice work, Pal.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I can never say enough wonderful things about the College Program. In the end the program is what you make it, and for me it was life changing!

• I'm Wishing...

Haha thank you! It's always something to consider!