• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

EPCOT Food and Wine Festival 2010 announced!

Disney has announced most of the events for the Food and Wine Festival!

Here is the list of kiosks along World Showcase, here's the special experiences and here's the seminars and demonstrations.

Nothing too different, but still exciting to see! NNL and I are looking forward to sipping and nibbling around the world. We're also trying for the Sweet Sundays as well, to try something a little different. I also like Seasons of the Vine has been given a reprieve for Food and Wine. I remember seeing it was offered last year, so good to see it return. An extinct attraction that still appears occasionally on a different coast!

I read about a Grand Marnier experience this year too, but I don't see it listed yet. Hopefully more events pop up soon.

I know where I'll be at 7AM July 20th.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Not a Crook

Re: EPCOT Food and Wine Festival 2010 announced!

I truly wish I could make my move down to the central Florida area in time to make the Festival this year. I've only been during the festival once, and I was quite a bit too young to enjoy the wine portion of the event. Did make my father enjoy himself much more than he would have otherwise, I think.

Any word yet on what musical groups will be playing this year? It's always interesting to see who they dig up for the event, for better or worse.

Edit: Of course, I could google things for myself: Artist Lineup. Apparently Hanson is in the lineup, which would make my girlfriend ecstatic if we could go. Curses!
    Last edited by Disney Romantic; 07-14-2010 at 04:28 PM.
    "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Mmm. A South Korea kiosk sounds tasty.

Now...wait...a Grand Marnier experience? Like a one time thing or a kiosk/walk through? I could go for that...

• Seasick

The new kiosks sound great. The Festival starts on the last full day I'll be in Orlando, so it's going to be fun trying to sample it all in one day.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb View Post
    Now...wait...a Grand Marnier experience? Like a one time thing or a kiosk/walk through? I could go for that...
    It's a special event for around $45 on Saturdays during October.

From the festival events: "following the tasting, become your own mixologist and learn how to muddle and shake like a pro, and later indulge in the famous Crepês Suzette and Soufflés Glacés au Grand Marnier made by the chefs of Bistro de Paris. "

Sounds interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    The new kiosks sound great. The Festival starts on the last full day I'll be in Orlando, so it's going to be fun trying to sample it all in one day.
    We did it once before with MCers, 2008 I think?
    Last edited by yoyoflamingo; 07-15-2010 at 07:07 PM.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

We'll be moved in by this point, we're hoping to attend--either with MCers or with my mother (who's coming out to "see how we're doing" at that point).

The drawback? We made a vow, as disciplined as we are, that we won't get APs until this house sells! That might kill us. And I promised the husOtter I'd not go until he finally moves out to Florida (he's going to hang back until the house sells...)

Argh.

Fingers are officially crossed!

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Seasick

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    We did it once before with MCers, 2008 I think?
    Yes, but with the large group is was possible to share and sample everything in a day. Good times.

This year, it'll be two of us, with one day to do it. Might have to make some tough decisions, lol.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

I always wanted to try this, but each trip to the world is ALWAYS on a budget. How much more would you spend say taking in a couple days of wandering around the world, just a ballpark type of number.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Joe, really it is as much as you want it to be. Each item is a la carte so it's totally up to you. I don't remember the approx cost of the items, though. They have gift cards that go on your wrist, so the best way to make sure you don't overspend is to load that up then once the funds run out, stop. I will say that nibbling around the world fills you up!!

It will be different going w/one other person than with the whole group. But I am up for the challenge
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...