Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Inappropriate

Proposing at Disney World

Alright, so let's say you were going to Disney World in June, and let's say you were taking your girlfriend who has never been there, and you are going to ask "The big question." Now let's say you were me. Let's also say you were going for something romantic, yet with the disney touch. Any ideas?

Also let's hope no one laughs at you, who is really me, for planning this for june when it is only the middle of November. I just like to have time to prepare :-)

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Disney Memory Maker

Re: Proposing at Disney World

Okay, I posted this on WDWMagic, so I'll post it here. In my opinion, there are 3 ideal ways to propose in Disney World....

Romantic- This is the ideal choice if you want both a romantic and magical proposal. Watch Wishes somewhere where it's not as crowded but you can still get a good view (in front of the castle). Right before the final note (after they say the final "your wish will come true") they air launch the two single fireworks. At this moment propose (ideally, pretty fast). After the drumroll (and she says yes) the final fireworks will explode above the castle.

Surprise- If you just want to suprise her, go to MK early in the morning, go straight to the castle (before the huge crowds arrive) and propose right there. She'll never expect it that fast.

Funny- This is the funniest way to propose (especially if your thrill seekers). Go to the Studios and head towards Tower of Terror. Right when you enter the drop shaft (when the guy says "in the tower of terror") whisper your proposal. It sure would be pretty funny.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

I'd do this:

During Wishes, ask her what her wish would be. Then ask if she wants to know her wish. Then get down on one knee and wish away.
    WDWCP - Spring 2006 - Character Performer
    College Program Alumni - Spring Adv 2005
    Living Seas and Soarin' Greeter

• Disney Memory Maker

On the other hand, you can go to Guest Services and see if they can cook up something really special for you. People have done crazy things for proposals (a while ago, someone bought a brick that said Will you Marry Me (one of the MK bricks) and the girl answered by buying another brick that said Yes).

Just this summer, someone got a plane that had a banner flying behind it that said "Will you marry me ______?" It was flying around the Studios for about 30 minutes (I'm surprised it flyed so low over WDW).

It really depends on how public or private you want it.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Resident Swing Addict

Well, I'm not sure if WDW has a wishing well, but my fiancee proposed to me at the wishing well at Disneyland. It was very romantic, and afterward when Snow White started singing her Wishing Song I was in tears and told her to be quiet because I wouldn't have to wish for a prince anymore since now I have mine. Needless to say, the people around laughed-- Not the most private spot, but very memorable.

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants
    Alright, so let's say you were going to Disney World in June, and let's say you were taking your girlfriend who has never been there, and you are going to ask "The big question." Now let's say you were me. Let's also say you were going for something romantic, yet with the disney touch. Any ideas?

Also let's hope no one laughs at you, who is really me, for planning this for june when it is only the middle of November. I just like to have time to prepare :-)
    HOLY CRAP! My baby brother called me today and asked me if I want to go to WDW in Jen, I mean June. Should be fun. I would love to be there and see you ask your girl. I have a great idea, won't work, but its a great one.
    Anyways... find someone who works the Beauty and the Beast show. They have a preshow, kinda funny, you've seen it, try to get them to ask for a "volenteer" from the audience and when they get you up there they ask who you are there with and ask if you want to say "something" to them. There you go. Or you can go to Universal and ask her to marry you when Jaws pops out of the water.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by Coastierox
    HOLY CRAP! My baby brother called me today and asked me if I want to go to WDW in Jen, I mean June. Should be fun. I would love to be there and see you ask your girl. I have a great idea, won't work, but its a great one.
    Anyways... find someone who works the Beauty and the Beast show. They have a preshow, kinda funny, you've seen it, try to get them to ask for a "volenteer" from the audience and when they get you up there they ask who you are there with and ask if you want to say "something" to them. There you go. Or you can go to Universal and ask her to marry you when Jaws pops out of the water.
    Women want romance, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride!

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter

• Vehicle rotating backward

They may be able to serve you up something involving characters if you ask them nicely. Find out what her favorite character is!

Also important is: When it happens do you want total and complete privacy, an audience of onlookers, or something in between?

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants
    Women want romance, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride!
    Be fair, everyone wants Mr. Toads Wild Ride...
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Inappropriate

See what I was kind of thinking is something along the lines of Mikey's suggestion, because i've always beleived when the question is asked, there should be "fireworks." Or in this case, actual fireworks. But i was thinking Illuminations. There's the whole first part where it's all exciting with fire and everything. And then the Earth starts coming out and nothing much happens right there. So maybe wait a few moments into that, then ask, then the fireworks start back up, and the show is proceeded by that "We'll Go On" song. But, is there some sort of reservation dinner-fireworks thing that gives a great view of the show?

I don't mind a crowd or privacy. Either way really. I'm just looking for anything.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter

• Disney Memory Maker

Here's my idea for RoE. Don't do anything until the very end. Wait for "We Go On" to play and as the globe in the lagoon opens, pop the question. Time it so that her answer will happen right when the torch lights up. If you time it perfectly, she'll say yes and you'll see the magestic fireworks that come out of the torch. This will be followed by the long period of white fireworks (this would be a great time to hug/kiss/be excited/etc) and then when the final fireworks shoot up, just hug her and let the chills take over you.

-Michael

Here's something I did for a proposal when I was working Guest Relations at Epcot. One thing through, I can't promise that can happen again! Things probably changed since I left.

In the morning, the man comes, asking if we can help him, cause he wants to propose to his fiance during Illuminations. Talked with other CM's and what we did is that to make sure they'd get the... prime spot, we put them in the Tours viewing area, across from Italy. Since I was the one doing the viewing that night, I got a shop to get me the Mickey's groom and bride ears and we put em into a nice, anonymous box. Night falls... I'm at the viewing area and I see the guy, asking if its still was ok, etc., really nervous! I told him no problem, just come back here with her.

They watch the show and during the "break" before "We go on", he proposed, she accepted and I gave them the ears. People were in tears in the area and congratulating them and the guy sent back a nice letter thanking us for that.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

I suggest holding a large MiceChat meet and telling her she's just there to see everyone. Then "go to the bathroom" while she's talking to someone else. Meanwhile, have MC'ers gather around to help you sneak up on her. Then, pop the big question at the perfect location, completely catching her off-guard, and having a load of pictures of the "big moment" taken by various MiceChatters.

She won't suspect a thing. She'll be completely snowed and buy into it easily. Trust me.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Part of me says that you should go all-out and view it by boat, but the other half of me says that's too likely to get smoked out, you should go with something more practical yet less romantic.

Looking at Google, it seems Wishes has many more romantic oppertunities that do not risk being ruined by incoming smoke clouds.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    Looking at Google, it seems Wishes has many more romantic oppertunities that do not risk being ruined by incoming smoke clouds.
    All you really have to do is see which way the wind's blowing before the show starts and make sure to stand somewhere on the other side. Unless the wind changes completely, there will be nothing to worry about.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast