• Downtown Disney

0 0%
  • A Disney resort

3 12.50%
  • Other

1 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Do you have a silly little traditions when you visit WDW?

Everyone in my family each has a silly little "tradition" that they do every time we visit WDW. It's not much, it's nothing to write home about, but it's important to the individual.
    For instance, mine involves food. First, I have to have a candy apple in Frontierland just before the parade. I sit on the wooden walkway in front of the store, eat the apple and watch the parade. It's silly, but I love it! Secondly, just before 'closing down' Magic Kingdom for the evening, I stop into the Main Street Bakery for a slice of cheese cake with strawberries with a cup of coffee. I've done it for years, and always will.
    My daughter always makes me ride Dumbo with her. She doesn't know how much I look forward to that special time together!
    My wife runs up to the very first character she sees as soon as we enter Magic Kingdom and gets a hug and photo. It's a game to guess who it might be each time!

So, do you have any silly traditions that make your visit to WDW a little more magical for you? Share them!

May you be surrounded by your pals this holiday season!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Do you have a silly little traditions when you visit WDW?

Whatever park I'm in, I HAVE to see Tigger. It's not a trip to WDW unless I see Tigger.

• TTA Metroliner Passenger

We have to eat at San Angel Inn every trip.

All of my traditions are in MK. The first day there I absolutely have to ride Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Mickey's Philharmagic, the Teacups, & Splash Mtn. a MILLION times that first day!!!! One day of all my favs!!
    Also before I leave on the last day I always get a funnel cake & watch the fireworks!!
    1st WDW vacation: Sept. 07 Polynesian Resort
    2nd : October 09 Grand Floridian Resort
    3rd: July 2010 Contemporary Resort
    1st DL vacation: May 2011
    4th WDW: Nov 2011 Contemporary Resort!!! Cant wait!!!

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

We have quite a few! We always start the first day at the Magic Kingdom, turn right at the hub, see the fireworks on the last night etc. There are also a couple of other Traditions I keep, based on my first visits to WDW IN 1981. My beloved grandparents took myself and my brother at a time when British tourists rarely ventured to Florida and it was very much seen as the trip of a lifetime -we were the envy of all our friends! We had a truely Magical time! my Nans favourite ride was IASW, which I always ride (she bought a jewellery box that played the song) On the last night, we saw the fireworks and made our way across the Lagoon on the ferry. I had got upset as we were going home the next day and I wanted to stay forever! My Nan said "Look back at the Castle one last time, and when you think of Disney you will have that picture in your heart" Even though it was nearly 30 years ago, I can still see the Castle sparkling on that long ago wonderful night. My Nan and Grandad have since passed away, and though I have been back many times, I always have that "one last look"
    Last edited by stejaski; 07-21-2010 at 01:58 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
    Stejaski

Visiting the Magic since '81!

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/stejaski/Disneyworld
    for my pics of the last trip!

• Tonka's Skipper

Ours is qiute simple but a *always have to do*........We ride the Pirates first!

We take pictures at the wooden Indians on Main Street. I take a pic of my wife and daughter together on each side of the Indian and then my wife takes a pic of me and my son. We've been doing it twice a year for 11 years.

We also play a series of jokes on the captain during the Jungle Cruise. I can't tell you what it is because a lot of people may start doing it and then it wouldn't be funny anymore. We've had as many as 9 people on the boat in on the joke. We've had reactions from the captains range from "what just happened?" to bent over hysterics to them running over to tell the other captains and then have them rush us with laughter and questions.

Also, in MK, when ever we cross over a bridge we raise our arms and go "Wheeeeeeee!" like it is a ride. We developed this habit after taking a guided tour at Disneyland. Our tour guide had the group do this on all the bridges there.

At Epcot we take a picture of one of us lying next to a specific pillar at the American Adventure building. This is because a few years ago, my sister had, from what we were told, the only Segway accident on property. She didn't notice that the round pillars have a square base to them. When she "drove" to close to the pillar she clipped the base and it flipped her off of the Segway. We also say what she said while lying on the bricks but I'll keep that to myself. It's not foul, but visual and very funny.

We always head out to 'Doobie Point' at least once at the poly.
    Visit my Lego Amusement Rides Website: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...cgi?m=Bolliger

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

We always end our day at Epcot with a ride on Spaceship Earth.

My parents bought into Old Key West back when it first went on sale and we went for the first time in '91 when I was three. Every year since then (even when we haven't stayed there) my parents have taken a picture of my brother and me in front of the fake sand castles by the feature pool. It's great looking at the timeline of pictures in front of the exact same (uncommon) backdrop.

• Too far from Disney World

I always run to see Mickey's Philharmagic first just to see my Duck!

I also call my dad from It's a Small World and hold out the phone so he can listen to it as the song drives both of us crazy and it's our own little joke.

And I bring my parents the Disney coffee they sell
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    We always end our day at Epcot with a ride on Spaceship Earth.
    This. And we end MK with Pirates or Mansion, whichever we're closer to. Also, for reasons I'm not sure, we always eat at Taco Bell as soon as we arrive in Orlando (although that might just be because it's convenient and cheap...)

Everybody posted some wonderful "traditions"!!

I don't know how accurate this information is, but I was told many years ago that Walt himself had his "traditions" at Disneyland. One such favorite of his was sitting in his box at the Diamond Horseshoe and seeing the show.

Thanks for sharing your family traditions!!

May you be surrounded by your pals this holiday season!

• MiceChat Travel Partner

At park closing we like to get an ice cream on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom, sit and watch the castle change colors. It is really magical!
    MiceChat Preferred Travel Partner

Contact us to book your next Disney Vacation!

• Delawarean Girl

I would head for the Magic Kingdom first and goto It's a Small World. I love to rest in the boat and be happy that I am in WDW again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast