• bookwormgirl

Question Is Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

Worth going To? I really want to go to this but tickets or 54$ each so based on peoples exprences of going would you say its worth the money or should i just skip it?

Re: Is Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

We have been to it once and really enjoyed it. We're going back in a few years.

• Miss Snow White

Best.Time.Ever.

Seriously....most people are off trying to get candy and don't even bother to go on rides so the lines are pretty short or totally non existent.
    The photo ops are worth it to me alone,lol. If are a costume loving person then this is your chance to wear one to the park and take some great pictures.

The pictures in my signature are from past MNSSHP's.....
    There's Always Room For a 1000.....Hurry Back

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Quote Originally Posted by FairestOfThemAll View Post
    If are a costume loving person then this is your chance to wear one to the park and take some great pictures.
    This is what made it worthwhile for us too. Getting a little candy is nice, the fireworks are nice, the decor and lighting are fun, the parade is really good, and the short lines are a nice bonus, but what's really going to make the party (or not) for you is how much you enjoy dressing up for Halloween and interacting with others who feel the same (and doing so inside the Magic Kingdom). We did it for the last two years and would've gone again if there had been a date on labor day weekend again this year.

It is totally worth going to, as mentioned above, for the photo ops alone.
    My mom and I went back in 2004, and as we were heading out of the park around midnight, just as we got to the end of main street, Mickey and Minnie were standing in front of the exposition hall with a few cast members. No other park guests were around, and we got to joke around and take some great photos with them, and it was a great end to a fun night.

The other nice thing is that they let you in around 4PM now, which really negates having to waste a ticket for the day. When we have gone in subsequent years, we usually spend that day shopping and sitting by the pool and then head over to the park around 3.

Have to agree, it is worth going to if you love to dress up. We had so much fun last year, my wife was the Evil Queen, my daugther was Snow White and they had a blast. Lady Tremane, Drusella, and Anastacia had a good time with them. Also my wife offering poison apples to all the princesses (Offical and non offical) was fun too.

It is also a great time to see some of the lesser seen Villians about in the park.

Oh and you can also load up on candy even when you do not try. They were handing out huge handfuls as we left for the night.

Cannot make it this year, but we are planning for next year. I am hoping to make a couple of Kingdome Hearts outfits for my son and me.