• Disney aficionado

What table services are flexible?

As part of a trip, one wants to have some flexibility. Advanced dining reservations tend to eliminate that flexibility at times. During busy times of the year at WDW, which table services can you walk up to with minimal wait? (say less than 30 minutes).

Also, which table services could you say call a day ahead of time or a few hours ahead of time and still get a spot?

Which ones would it be a waste of time to try this?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: What table services are flexible?

A good suggestion would be to look at the official Disney website and make a reservation for tomorrow. That might help give you an indication. With free dining going on right now, it'll see where the demand is and what's available. Of course it won't guarantee anything, but if a restaurant has a lot of time slots for the next day, then I think you can pretty assured it would probably be available when you go next year. You might also want to pick a few, just in case, or even pick a park and see what they have available when you're ready to call. Also, picking odd times helps to avoid crowds too.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post
    As part of a trip, one wants to have some flexibility. Advanced dining reservations tend to eliminate that flexibility at times. During busy times of the year at WDW, which table services can you walk up to with minimal wait? (say less than 30 minutes).

Also, which table services could you say call a day ahead of time or a few hours ahead of time and still get a spot?

Which ones would it be a waste of time to try this?
    Wow. Um...as far as which ones to try, in the modern WDW dining cluster I would have to say that walk ups are MIA for almost all restaurants. That being said, I have also had walk-up success at most restaurants at one-time too. It's very much hit or miss. But let me give you a couple of "not a chance in hell" restaurants based on trends I've seen and luck I've had walking up, since about Christmas.

1) Le Cellier
    2) Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater
    3) 50's Prime Time (which used to be so easy too...this year I've had horrible luck).
    4) Castle (because it always is...not that I have tried, relax people)
    5) Liberty Tree Tavern

But I've had walk-up luck at some of those before too. And some of the easy ones (Grand Floridian Cafe) have given me trouble too. It never hurts to walk-up, but those seem to be (this year at least) restaurants where walk-ups and reservations have seemed non-existent.

But if you really want a specific restaurant, try walk-ups, even if the "reservations" are full. We ate at the Grand Floridian Cafe. "Dinner was full" unless we came for first seating. Well, we were literally one of the "first seatings" and the restaurant was more than 50% empty when we left. So sometimes checking for a walk-up can bring sucess when reservations are full (we ate at Mama Melrose on Star Wars weekends as a walk-up, even when "reservations" were full).

Good Luck.

• Golden State of Mind

Don't let anyone scare you about any "not a chance in hell restaurants". I've had walk up success at Sci Fi Dine In, 50's Prime Time (just a couple weeks ago) Liberty Tree and just about everywhere. Believe it or not we got a reservation for the California Grille atop the Contemporary the day before.

tloolgb is 100% correct about the hit or miss though. You could be out of luck or you could end up with a table overlooking the Magic Kingdom for fireworks at California Grille. All you need is a little luck... and maybe some pixie dust
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Well... here is a benefit for paying for concierge service at a Deluxe property. All concierge desks at the Deluxe WDW properties automatically take seatings at the most popular WDW restaurants every day they come online 6 months in advance.

One thing I couldn't figure out when I was a front desk CM at All Star, was how in the heck did Cinderella's Royal table really book up 3 months in advance (back in 04) every day. Well when I became a manager at the BW I learned that concierge every morning would go in and take a whole bunch for concierge guests who in 3 months would want to do it that day.

Sometimes they don't fill up, so they have to release those reservations, and that is when you can get lucky, or you have walk up success.

It is nice when you are paying for concierge service, because you get easy access to all the hard to book places.

• Disney aficionado

Yes, I guess luck has a big factor in it. Concierge service is nice, but *shrugs* I'll save the $. What I plan on doing is calling 6 months in advance and "double book" some places in order to give myself flexibility.
    For example: book 50's prime time both Monday night and Thursday lunch to allow me an option of when I want to go there.
    Reserve LeCellier both Tuesday and Wednesday to give me an option when I want to go there. Book Liberty Tree for lunch Tuesday and Wednesday as well.

Of course, in all honesty I may have it figured out by then when I want to go to which park. I'm just kind of in the air as of now because I don't know the EMH schedule nor the park times that far in advance. I hope they do release them before i have to make 6 months ahead of time reservations.

I also hope they indicate whether Be Our Guest has any chance at being open!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

What I plan on doing is calling 6 months in advance and "double book" some places in order to give myself flexibility.
    For example: book 50's prime time both Monday night and Thursday lunch to allow me an option of when I want to go there.
    Reserve LeCellier both Tuesday and Wednesday to give me an option when I want to go there. Book Liberty Tree for lunch Tuesday and Wednesday as well.
    I like your style! That is honesty something that I do. lol

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Yes, I guess luck has a big factor in it. Concierge service is nice, but *shrugs* I'll save the $. What I plan on doing is calling 6 months in advance and "double book" some places in order to give myself flexibility.

Of course, in all honesty I may have it figured out by then when I want to go to which park. I'm just kind of in the air as of now because I don't know the EMH schedule nor the park times that far in advance. I hope they do release them before i have to make 6 months ahead of time reservations.

I also hope they indicate whether Be Our Guest has any chance at being open!
    I do this all the time. If I don't know if I am going to MK on Monday or tuesday, or EPCOT on either days I book dinner ressies for both days at each park. When I finalize my plans (hours are out, etc) than I cancel the reservation I don't need. It seems the only way to do this because if you wait too long you loose out on the reservations.

I have had success with walk up to Liberty Tree, no success at Tony' or Crystal Palace. That is the only places I have tried.
    It is possible- especially if people are going as stated above. Double booking reservations since they are not sure where they are going to be.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Just book them in advance. No issue, no problem!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• One Little Spark...

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Just book them in advance. No issue, no problem!

Exactly!