Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

First Time Ever To WDW - A Trip Report

dmtnt55 presents: Walt Disney World - My First Time (A Trip Report)

How Things Will Work:
    I will make 1 post every day on this thread with a trip report from a day of my trip. Ask me if you have any questions.

What This Is:
    A trip report from my vacation.
    July 21st-27th
    Boardwalk Inn
    Walt Disney World Resort
    Lake Buena Vista, Florida.

Introduction:
    First things first, I'm a Disneyland guy. I lived on the west coast, which meant living close to Disneyland meant going to Disneyland a lot. You then study a map and notice how far Disneyland and Walt Disney World are apart from each other. Far distance means far travel. Far travel...well it usually means far wallet, or spending a ton of money to travel coast to coast. But after many trips to Disneyland, my fandom of Disney really built up. Well, it built up to the point where I started collecting merchandise, and anytime I spend money, I spend money on something I really like, in this case, Disney. So this fandom built up so much that I finally convinced my family that it was time to make a trip to Walt Disney World. After a long time toying with plans, itineraries, and reservations, we were set to go to our first trip.

So, I hope you follow along as I bring you some fun and some photos from my first trip!

Day 1 - July 21st, 2010, Getting there + Some DHS
    Day 2 - July 22nd, 2010, Magic Kingdom + DHS
    Day 3 - July 23rd, 2010, EPCOT
    Last edited by dmtnt55; 08-04-2010 at 06:39 PM.

• Jack's Posse

Re: First Time Ever To WDW - A Trip Report

U payed for the whole trip?
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    Mike's funny. Dirty as a mud wrestling tournament, but funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    Mike Skellington: He is what everyone says is wrong with the internet generation, and I love the ******* for it!
    Mike Skellington
    My Tumblr.....Pretty Please Follow!!!!!!!!! And I'll follow you back.

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Day 1

Day 1, July 21st:
    The flight to MCO was at 7:30 so it was bright and early for the family. We got the airport and flew to Orlando, and everything went fine. I don’t want to spend too much time talking about getting there, just that nothing bad happened and it was a very easy trip to get to WDW. After finally getting to the World, we checked in at the Boardwalk Inn. Some photos:
    So close:

Entering the gates:

Boardwalk Lobby:

Boardwalk Inn entrance mats:

Ok so we got to WDW really early and our room wasn't ready yet, so we went to the grocery store and Chick fil A to burn some time. We returned back to the hotel, and our room was ready. After relaxing for a little bit, we went to the first park of the trip. Hollywood Studios. It was already close to park closing, so all we were planning on doing was just 1 ride on Toy Story Midway Mania, since we knew the line would be long. The line said it was 60 minutes, but the wait was only about 35-40 minutes. Pics:

Pixar Place at night:

Good ol' Mr. Potato Head:

So after a fun ride on TSMM, it was after park closing, and we took the nice 10 minute walk back to the BWI and went to bed.

• Well this is embarrassing

Awesome! I'm looking forward to the rest of this!

I loooove the Boardwalk, by the way. I stayed there this past December, it's soooo nice!

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Quote Originally Posted by fangalicious44 View Post
    Awesome! I'm looking forward to the rest of this!

I loooove the Boardwalk, by the way. I stayed there this past December, it's soooo nice!
    Glad to hear you'll follow!

And yep, the Boardwalk was very nice!

• Disney aficionado

O I can't wait for more. ! Boardwalk and Y&B tempt me to reconsider staying at the WL.
    What time did you get to DHS? Did you eat anywhere beforehand?

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

Oh I really love how different the outside and ques are for the two TSMM! Can't wait to read more.
    Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

• The Study of Wumbo

Wait, what were you doing for tickets? You burned a whole day's ticket on one ride at DHS?
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• i am JOSHUA hear me roar!

aw i was hoping that you stayed at the contemporary cuz i wanted to see pics of it lol i miss that hotel sigh* anyway err werent you suppose to like post more on this tr like once a day or something? get on it! i want more haha

DapperJoshua: when he reaches the pearly gates, he will be greeted by Jesus, who will say “OH! Hi there bestie!”
    Quote Originally Posted by Monorailorange33 View Post
    Wake up in the morning feeling like Dapperjosh, I got Mickey ears, Im out the door! Im gonna hit this park! Before i leave, brush my teeth, with a bottle of crest!
    Im talking, Get a fast pass for pooh, *Pooh*, Space Mnt. is a long wait too, *too*, Gonna take an hour just to get through, *through*
    Yeah.. Thunder Mnt. aint that long, *long*, dapper dan's still singing that song, *song*, Hope the wait time isn't loooooooong!
    -- that's my disney re-make of it.
    TUMBLR TWITTER Followww

• sleepy lagoon

How great you got to go to WDW... Look forward to seeing the rest of the trip!!

• Sha-lalalalala my oh my

Can't wait for more!!

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Good to see all of you here!

Now to the first full day of our trip

July 22nd, 2010

Waking up in Disney World was awesome! Our room had a decent view, as you could see the Eiffel Tower in France at Epcot, and some other random little sights. So the first day was the day for Magic Kingdom in the morning and some DHS later in the day.

So MK opened at 9:00, and we wanted to be first in line at the turnstile (which we were), as we arrived at about 8:20.

They started letting us in at about 8:40, but we were stopped at the tunnel. At about 9, Mickey and friends came from the train, and they finally let us into the park! We went straight to Fantasyland.

Mad Tea Party + Roof = Lame.

it's a small world facade + indoors = lame.

After Fantasyland, we hit up some Frontierland and Liberty Square stuff.

I really do love The Haunted Mansion here!

So that was that for Magic Kingdom for the day. (We were coming back to do everything else on Saturday). We left the park when all the crowds started piling in, at about 2 o' clock.

A wonderful view

So, we got back to the Boardwalk at around 2:30 and decided to take a little break. After the break we headed over to hit up some DHS stuff then go to our 5:45 dining reservation at the Sci Fi Dine In

I loved the atmosphere here, but the food and prices weren't anything to celebrate.

So after dinner (we stayed there for a goof hour and a half to watch the movies and talk a little bit), we went on some more DHS stuff, then took the hefty 10 minute walk back to the Boardwalk. We got back to the Boardwalk at around 8:30. We then called it a night, as we had a big day of EPCOT in front of us tomorrow!

To be continued...

• i am JOSHUA hear me roar!

yay!! and i like their tea cups cuz they spin faster

DapperJoshua: when he reaches the pearly gates, he will be greeted by Jesus, who will say “OH! Hi there bestie!”
    Quote Originally Posted by Monorailorange33 View Post
    Wake up in the morning feeling like Dapperjosh, I got Mickey ears, Im out the door! Im gonna hit this park! Before i leave, brush my teeth, with a bottle of crest!
    Im talking, Get a fast pass for pooh, *Pooh*, Space Mnt. is a long wait too, *too*, Gonna take an hour just to get through, *through*
    Yeah.. Thunder Mnt. aint that long, *long*, dapper dan's still singing that song, *song*, Hope the wait time isn't loooooooong!
    -- that's my disney re-make of it.
    TUMBLR TWITTER Followww

• WDW will always be home.

I agree that the roof over the tea cups and indoors small world facade isn't as cool as the respective DL versions, but that's because the Orlando weather is lame. It rains a lot in central FL, not so much in SoCal. Hence the abundance of weather protection at WDW that DL doesn't have or need. It may not look as nice, but from a practical standpoint it's more or less a necessity.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• Race Car Driver

Bring on Epcot........
    I love WDW first year I have not gone.
    Great Trip Report so far.
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast