• Banned User

Illuminations Holiday Tag

A test run of the Illuminations Holiday tag was presented last night at Epcot...

No photos, sorry, but it's basically the same as last year's tag.

Also, the long range shells are once again launching from the sea walls.

• Disney Memory Maker

Re: Illuminations Holiday Tag

Some photos can be found on WDWMagic.

In addition, someone there said this...
    Quote Originally Posted by cac2889 (from WDWMagic)
    One other thing you did not mention...when they ran the Holiday Tag, they did the complete Illuminations: Reflections of Earth show first (the cues, lasers, and lights, not the fireworks). They did, however, run a complete test of the "Big Bang" portion of the show, aka, the inferno barge section. In it they tested a new product that generates MASSIVE amounts of smoke. The reason why you ask? The lasers from every country in World Showcase have all been programmed to follow the beats and movements of the music. They serve as a replacement for the missing inferno barge. It REALLY adds to the show, and I have to say, there are some amazing effects they use. Now remember this is a test for the show, but it went very well, so I can definetly see them using it while the inferno barge is MIA.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

I guess it's good that there will be something added, but it bodes ill for my hopes that the inferno barge would be back in place in 3 weeks.

• Disney Memory Maker

Yeah, I guess the damage was worse then we thought. I'm wondering though what the laser effect will look like.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Disney Memory Maker

Okay, I just saw a video of the PoE finale over at WDWMagic and I have to say it looked great. I know that since the video only shows a small section of the whole finale, it doesn't do it justice, but what I saw was amazing. Mind you, I still think this year's 4th of July finale was better, but this was still great.

-Michael

• Banned User

the "peace on earth" tag is brilliant, Saw it myself a while ago... loved it, and the lazers make for interesting effect...
    Last edited by figment1986; 12-28-2005 at 01:42 PM.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

While I definitely miss the inferno barge, after the first couple of minutes it's not really that big a deal. There are 2 spots in the first few seconds of the show, where the flames shot out in huge fireballs, that there is a definite hole now (if you know the show). But they did a good job of redistributing the fireworks that used to shoot from this barge. And the sync of the very first burst (where the star comes shooting over, then a couple of big bursts join it right on the beat), while not as perfect as it used to be with the timed air launch, is still close enough as to be a non-issue. Now, if they can only get rid of those few shells that're allowing flaming ash too close to the ground!!!