Thumbs up Main Street Electrical Parade Staying in WDW Beyond Nightastic

Looks like WDW will be keeping the parade for a bit longer! This is great!

?Main Street Electrical Parade? Extended at Walt Disney World Disney Parks Blog
    WDW Vacationer-Vacationing November 21-22,2009!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Re: Main Street Electrical Parade Satying in WDW Beyond Nightastic

Cue the whining and moaning by Disneyland DFs in 3... 2... 1... >:D
    Last edited by Burnt Toast; 07-29-2010 at 08:24 AM.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• Not a Crook

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast View Post
    Cue the whining and moaning by Disneyland DFs in 3... 2... 1... >
    Actually, you're a bit late, I think the thread bemoaning this news popped up on the Disneyland section first. Still, nice to know I might get a chance to see it if I do manage to move down there this year.
    "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I am hoping it is still up in running in Dec. It would nice to get a chance to see it again.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

We're going in Oct and missed the enhancements when we were at Disneyland. It will be good to see the updates, and good to see the parade on Main Street once again.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

SO HAPPY!!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Banned User

I honestly don't get why people are still in love with this old albatross. Maybe because they have not seen the updated version of the classic playing nightly at TDL? But really.. as cute as the MSEP was.. it's embarrasingly outdated. Still many of you continue to be amazed by this parade, which is proof of it's staying power, but I will sit here shaking my head in disbelief by the fact that your devotion to the old parade blinds you to the fact that Disney is capable of somuch more and they will continue to rob you of that for as long as you all go gaga over these old entertainment options.

US fans deserve a cutting edge spectacle like TDL's Dreamlights. In the 21st century, anything less than that is GARBAGE.

• Minion

As a fan of MSEP, anywhere I can see i'll be happy. I suppose we shouldhave sum fun new evening entertainment wheever, but still if the good quality old entertainment is kept, unedited then thats got to be a good thing?

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

So if MSEP is in Florida Spectromagic is not running, right?
    Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

It was a nice parade and loved it as a kid, teenager, and young adult...But I'm going to WDW in November, and will be totally bummed if it's still there. It's had its day. Magic Kingdom has it's own, SpectroMagic--which may be tired, but identifiable to WDW...so that's what I'd like to see....this recycle between Parks is just a Decline by Degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I honestly don't get why people are still in love with this old albatross. Maybe because they have not seen the updated version of the classic playing nightly at TDL? But really.. as cute as the MSEP was.. it's embarrasingly outdated. Still many of you continue to be amazed by this parade, which is proof of it's staying power, but I will sit here shaking my head in disbelief by the fact that your devotion to the old parade blinds you to the fact that Disney is capable of somuch more and they will continue to rob you of that for as long as you all go gaga over these old entertainment options.

US fans deserve a cutting edge spectacle like TDL's Dreamlights. In the 21st century, anything less than that is GARBAGE.
    How true that is. Well we can always hope TDO does the right thing with Spectro and upgrades it to a 21st century parade, but I am not holding my breath. I fully expect Spectro to return in its previous state with MAYBE a few LEDS thrown in here and there.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by codelyokorox View Post
    So if MSEP is in Florida Spectromagic is not running, right?
    Yes, that is correct. In fact, Having Spectromagic on hiatus is probably the only positive about having MSEP back this year.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Just because some of us love this parade, doesn't mean we are blind and don't want something better. That is not a "fact" sorry!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Quote Originally Posted by horizon View Post
    How true that is. Well we can always hope TDO does the right thing with Spectro and upgrades it to a 21st century parade, but I am not holding my breath. I fully expect Spectro to return in its previous state with MAYBE a few LEDS thrown in here and there.
    I doubt they'd do that much to update Spectro but I guess they have changed the costumes a few times? Spectro needs to glow away forever itself. I almost wish they'd ship it out to California so that Californians could at least bite the bullet on the idea of a new nighttime parade :P.

I always envy you for seeing as many parks as you do :P one day I will do as well.

Nobody in America really knows how outdated either parade is though, and I think Light Magic somehow stigmatized people into being very risk averse. Nobody wants to try something new out of fear that they will miss the old. It's a very sad situation of people fearing change.

Disney as a company is never going to change when people don't demand it though. Everyone on the states has their idea of "tradition" with these parades now.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Just because some of us love this parade, doesn't mean we are blind and don't want something better. That is not a "fact" sorry!
    Might not apply to you personally but it seems to apply to this community. I think many new parade topics derail into people talking about how visiting WDW IS seeing Spectromagic and how Disneyland needs to ALWAYS have the Electrical parade and that the only thing that needs to happen is for it to be on mainstreet so that what little has changed about it goes back to the norm...

I think its actually a very small minority that wants a new nighttime parade.
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• WDW will always be home.

Re: Main Street Electrical Parade Staying in WDW Beyond Nightastic

You can count me as someone who isn't particularly happy about this - and it's not because US parades aren't up to standards or because I'm a DL DF... I just think MSEP is a much better parade for Disneyland and SpectroMagic is a much better parade for WDW. They were each designed with their respective parks in mind. Spectro is a much better fit for the scale and grandeur of WDW's MK. MSEP was designed for the much more intimate DL and looks comically tiny in WDW's hub or coming through Liberty Square.

Also, I can't stand the changes they made to MSEP. The new music is very disappointing. The audio quality may be better, but gone are many of the minor variations - and hence much of the charm, whimsy, and fun - of the original track. And though it was an unpopular opinion, I agree with Kevin that it is unacceptable for the parade's name to be displayed as "Disney's Electrical Parade" on the side of the drum. It's the "Main Street Electrical Parade." That's its name. Even when it was in DCA and not on a main street (where it never should have been in the first place), it's still the Main Street Electrical Parade (just temporarily relocated). It's sloppy and bad show not to change it back to the correct name.

Also, from a personal standpoint - and here is where I surrender any pretense of objectivity - I love SpectroMagic. It premiered around the time of some of my earliest visits to WDW that I can remember well, and watching Spectro is still probably the most nostalgic and moving experience for me in any Disney park. I know that, objectively, DreamLights blows Spectro out of the water. I've been fortunate enough to see DreamLights a couple times and it is by far the most impressive nighttime parade that Disney has ever created - nothing else even comes close. I would love for the U.S. parks to get something like that. But I will still be very, very sad to watch Spectro glow away. Even though I'm a stickler for continuous improvement, I sincerely hope it never does.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney