What are lines like in late August?

Going WDW for the first time at the end of August and I was wondering if anyone knows what the lines are like during this time?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: What are lines like in late August?

I've been in late August many times and it may be hot and humid, but the lines really aren't too bad. It's somewhat less crowded because a lot of Southern school are back in session. It will be more crowded than off season, but really not wall to wall people and you'll be able to get on everything easily if you utilize Fastpass when necessary.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• TTA Metroliner Passenger

We went in late August in 2008 and it was the least crowded I've ever seen. We never waited more than 20 minutes for anything, and that is not an exaggeration.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

A lot of schools in Florida start up again around August 24th, so the locals at least won't be around as much. But there are schools up north that don't go back until after Labor Day, so that's something to keep in mind.

And it will be hot, humid, chance of rain almost every day.... but if you can take it, go for it!

• The Study of Wumbo

We went August 24th to the 30th last year and it was easier than we ever could have imagined. There were no lines we couldn't handle, (with the exception of Toy Story Mania. We missed out on it, due to poor planning on arriving early and getting a Fastpass.)

We were staying at Ft. Wilderness, and we didn't have arrangements to see the Hoop-De-Doo Revue. When we checked in, the girl at the desk asked us about it and we were able to make reservations for the very next night, (and we had the best seats, right in the middle of the ground floor!)

As the globe at Spaceship Earth will tell you, everyone there in late August is from the Northeast or the United Kingdom.

Africa and Asia in the Animal Kingdom were both open for an extra two hours over the rest of the park, and my sister and I did Expedition Everest six times in about a half an hour.

It was great.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])