Busy in Feb-March 2011?

Hello,

My family and I are planning a trip sometime in Feb.-March. I am a DLR vet, and this will be my first visit to DW. My wife has been as a child.

My question is is this a busy time? I know Presidents week is a given for crowds, so we will avoid that.

So I guess that leaves March. Is this a good time to plan a visit? I've tried to do searches on this and haven't found a whole lot, mostly conflicting reports.

Considering ride closures and shows, is this worth it?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Busy in Feb-March 2011?

March will probably be busy because most schools are on spring break at various points throughout the month,

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    March will probably be busy because most schools are on spring break at various points throughout the month,
    Any suggestions on a better time? Preferably close to the original plan.

Can you stick with February, and just avoid president's day? My experience is that Feb. is a very uncrowded time to go. The weather's unpredictable; could be hot, unbelievably cold, or anything in between. One year we went in Feb, it was 23 degrees in the morning!

Other than that, just be sure to avoid anytime around Easter, and you should be OK.

One of my friends went to WDW the week before March break and apparently it was empty, but towards the end of the week it started to get more crowded.....

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDude12 View Post
    One of my friends went to WDW the week before March break and apparently it was empty, but towards the end of the week it started to get more crowded.....
    When was March break? The 1st week?

• Banned User

According to my Econoguide WDW travel book, your best bet is early and late February. Avoid Feb. 12-22, as various school districts celebrate President's week during that period.

I actually go to DW every year the week of President's day and the crowds aren't bad. The only day that it's actually crowded is the holiday, but other than that the parks haven't been that bad.

Also, with the prices going up and the economy still being bad, you really never know if there are going to be a lot of crowds any way.

If this past year is any indication, the Flower & garden show will probably begin in mid March like it did in 2010.

Also presidents week and spring break all seem to blend now to become a 6 week more crowded time. Also, this past year seemed to be overloaded with more foreign tourists than in previous years due to the lower value of the dollar.

Some days it seemed the only Americans in the park were the castmembers, and half of them I think are foreigners on work visas anyway. Hopefully the dollar will strengthen some in 2011.

Thank you all so much for your help. Much appreciated.

Also if President's week lands the same time as Mardi Gras it will be a bit more busy than other times. All the people around New Orleans have a school break that week and we saw a lot of them there the year we went. If was not spring break busy at all or even close but busier than other weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Mom View Post
    Also if President's week lands the same time as Mardi Gras it will be a bit more busy than other times. All the people around New Orleans have a school break that week and we saw a lot of them there the year we went. If was not spring break busy at all or even close but busier than other weeks.
    Thank you so much.

I am flying out of Toledo on Saturday Feb. 19th, and staying north of Clearwater with the parents through Friday the 25th.

I will be going to the parks 'probably' the 23rd and 24th. Mid week should be fine.

My advice as well is to get to the parks immediately in the morning! Our goal is always to be the 1st ones in the gate.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Presidents Day is on a Monday and schools will be out (and some people will be off work, but not many), so after that day, you should be fine. Schools won't be out for a full week for that, though I know some people will try to make it a week-long holiday anyway.

But the weather will be unpredictable. It could be warm, or it could be downright COLD. I went once in mid-February and was a beautiful sunny day, but the wind was FREEZING and constant. And for some reason the parks were PACKED. I did not enjoy myself that day.

any word on the parade 'theme' for late February 2011?

**fingers crossed** for some obscure characters/music- huzzah!!

sidenote: Where is Chicken Little? I want my pic w/him!