Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TTA Renamed

• Minion

TTA Renamed

"The Tomorrowland Transit Authority has been renamed as the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover, in tribute to the attraction’s roots.

Twelve years after Disneyland opened in Anaheim, California, the PeopleMover was introduced in Tomorrowland and began carrying Guests on grand circle tours of the futuristic land. This breakthrough in the realm of mass transit was designed as one solution for the problems facing commuters every day.

The PeopleMover vehicles contained no engines which meant they created no emissions, and because the vehicles never stopped for boarding and departing passengers, they were profoundly efficient. Best of all, passengers aboard a PeopleMover system were free from the distractions of driving; able to enjoy the scenery all the way up to the moment they arrived at their destination. The PeopleMover was a brilliant proposal to solve one of most the frustrating facets of city-life.

The PeopleMover ride system plays an important role in Disney history and heritage and it is for this very reason we have decided to restore its name here in the Magic Kingdom. The name change from the Tomorrowland Transit Authority to the TTA PeopleMover is a way for us to link the past with the present, and in turn, guide us into the future. It is a way for all the promise and wonder that the word “PeopleMover” still holds, to carry on into new generations."

They neglected to mention that Disney introduced them at the 1964 - 1965 New York World's Fair, at the Ford Pavilion and sponsored by Goodyear.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: TTA Renamed

Yay. I can call them People Mover again! Not that I ever stopped.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Not a Crook

As I said in the other thread, I wonder why they've decided to make the name change just now? It was renovated last year, which would have seemed the right time to alter the name. There's not some anniversary or something they're acknowledging, is there?
    "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

• Sorcerer in Training

I think that's a smart move from Disney (maybe the Imagineers?). Now the People Mover still lives on.

So...what about you Disneyland? Oh, right you let trees grow all over your track and didn't invest money into it. Don't worry I understand.
    YouTube page: The Sorcerer's Lair

"And so you see the magic isn't just in the animated characters, it's also in all of us"
    -Drawn to the Magic

"Remember...dreams come true"
    -Julie Andrews

"Some imagination, huh?"
    -Mickey Mouse

"Dreams are make believe, till they all come true"
    -Fantasmic!

"Believe me: this is one of the most exciting and challenging things that we've ever tackled at Walt Disney Enterprises"
    -Walt Disney.

"Disney has helped bring out the magic in us. Now let's work together and help bring out the magic in others."
    -SorcererHero5571

• Sorcerer in Training

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Romantic View Post
    As I said in the other thread, I wonder why they've decided to make the name change just now? It was renovated last year, which would have seemed the right time to alter the name. There's not some anniversary or something they're acknowledging, is there?
    I see your point, better late than never.

"And so you see the magic isn't just in the animated characters, it's also in all of us"
    -Drawn to the Magic

-Julie Andrews

"Some imagination, huh?"
    -Mickey Mouse

-Fantasmic!

"Believe me: this is one of the most exciting and challenging things that we've ever tackled at Walt Disney Enterprises"
    -Walt Disney.

"Disney has helped bring out the magic in us. Now let's work together and help bring out the magic in others."
    -SorcererHero5571

geesh I have heard of rebranding but this is getting rediculous. First we are concerned about fantasyland being too girly so we rebrand the carousel, and now we are rebranding the TTA? I think that disney can best spend their budgets somewhere else like bringing space mountain into the 21st century or getting rid of stitch.

• Sorcerer in Training

Quote Originally Posted by princecharming View Post
    geesh I have heard of rebranding but this is getting rediculous. First we are concerned about fantasyland being too girly so we rebrand the carousel, and now we are rebranding the TTA? I think that disney can best spend their budgets somewhere else like bringing space mountain into the 21st century or getting rid of stitch.
    I wouldn't consider this re-branding. I've always heard people refering to it as the People Mover. I just see this as a tribute to the past. Could they have done better with Space Mountain. I'm sure they could've. I haven't been on it at WDW yet, so I'm not a fair judge of that (although I did hear that the budget took an axing to it).

-Drawn to the Magic

-Julie Andrews

"Some imagination, huh?"
    -Mickey Mouse

-Fantasmic!

-Walt Disney.

-SorcererHero5571

• Not a Crook

Quote Originally Posted by princecharming View Post
    "Rebranding," as you put it, of a ride takes a fraction of the budget of a major renovation, update, or new attraction. Heck, it's probably a rounding error comparatively. Changing the name requires changing some signage, updating the website, and changing the name in future printings of the park maps. I seriously doubt we're missing out on something better because they decided to acknowledge history, in this case, or change the carousel's name.
    "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

It's been called the Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover since the new narration, but glad to hear it's now official.

Here's a link to a picture of it.

http://tweetphoto.com/37047970
    Last edited by yoyoflamingo; 08-05-2010 at 04:06 PM.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Yay. I can call them People Mover again! Not that I ever stopped.
    Same here.

• Seasick

Count me among those who always called it the PeopleMover anyway, so I'm glad that I'm vindicated, as it were.

So the WDW version was never referred to as the PeopleMover, until now?
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• The Study of Wumbo

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    So the WDW version was never referred to as the PeopleMover, until now?
    Before being renamed the Tomorrowland Transit Authority, it was called the WEDway Peoplemover.

I don't like it. I like the stories of the Tomorrowland of 1994. This is just another example of Disney slowly giving up on those stories. At least you can still think you're in a futuristic city. Plus, the TTAP doesn't have the same ring to it as the TTA.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by wumbology View Post
    Before being renamed the Tomorrowland Transit Authority, it was called the WEDway Peoplemover.

I don't like it. I like the stories of the Tomorrowland of 1994. This is just another example of Disney slowly giving up on those stories. At least you can still think you're in a futuristic city. Plus, the TTAP doesn't have the same ring to it as the TTA.
    I too miss the backstory of the TTA, but I don't think it's the new name that can be blamed for that. I think it's the new script that's at fault here.

• Banned User

Honestly this name is the best of both worlds. There keeping the TTA name to maintain the deteriorated 1994 "New Tomorrowland" theme while also restoring the iconic name of the attraction (Peoplemover).

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    Honestly this name is the best of both worlds. There keeping the TTA name to maintain the deteriorated 1994 "New Tomorrowland" theme while also restoring the iconic name of the attraction (Peoplemover).
    At least the "New Tomorrowland" of 94' had cohesive theming.

I remember visiting in 96 and getting the whole space expo theming.

Time Keeper was at the Convention Center, Alien Encouterror was at the Expo, If I had wings just kind of fit, Carousel of Progress matched the whole expo theme, and the TTA took you around from pavilion to pavilion.

Now it is all gone. MILF, SGE, Buzz all killed the theming. Le sigh.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast