Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Haunted Mansion and Princess Room to add to Pirates at Moderate resorts?

Surprised this hasn't shown up yet, but a few other sites are reporting about surveys where people are asked if they would stay in moderately priced rooms based on specific characters or attractions. The three examples were princesses, Pirates (which is already at Caribbean Beach) and Haunted Mansion. The CG renderings make these interesting to look at.

The Haunted Mansion one sounds cool, but is a little too cartoony, though I LOVE the Doombuggy bed and the sliding bookcase to hide the bathroom; I'm sure to not scare kids too much. I LOVE the princess rooms though. Cogsworth, Rose, Aladdin's lamp, the bench is the dog from Beauty and the Beast, and there's a mousehole with Gus and Jacques in the wall as well.

The other question is where will they add these....though I hope they won't retrofit any additional exiting rooms but keep these in mind for future developments. Don't ruin the themes of the resorts by adding synergy please.

Here's a link. It only has one picture of the princess room though. Others can be found searching online.
    Last edited by yoyoflamingo; 08-09-2010 at 04:31 PM.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Too far from Disney World

Re: Haunted Mansion and Princess Room to add to Pirates at Moderate resorts?

I would def stay in one of the Princess rooms! I'm not a huge Princess fan but I like those rather than the Haunted Mansion ones on those pics
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

I'd practically live in that Haunted Mansion room

• Happy Haunt

I usually stay at a Value because I'd rather stay longer and don't spend much time at the resort anyways but for that HM room I'd upgrade.

• Sorcerer in Training

Those rooms look cozy and make my room look like crap! I dislike the hotel experience, but this....WOW! I've outgrown my bed (my feet dangle off the end). Those beds look so comfortable.
    YouTube page: The Sorcerer's Lair

"And so you see the magic isn't just in the animated characters, it's also in all of us"
    -Drawn to the Magic

"Remember...dreams come true"
    -Julie Andrews

"Some imagination, huh?"
    -Mickey Mouse

"Dreams are make believe, till they all come true"
    -Fantasmic!

"Believe me: this is one of the most exciting and challenging things that we've ever tackled at Walt Disney Enterprises"
    -Walt Disney.

"Disney has helped bring out the magic in us. Now let's work together and help bring out the magic in others."
    -SorcererHero5571

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

$50 says if they build the Haunted Mansion rooms, those bedspreads will disappear faster than the ghosts.
    -Bill

• Not a Crook

Haunted Mansion room looks really neat, far better than I expected. I've always kind of been disappointed by the Pirates themed rooms, as they looked like something from a child's bedroom, but those seem to have their theming stepped up quite a bit. I just hope that they pick appropriate resorts for these rooms if they ever do implement them.
    "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

I really wish the Haunted Mansion room looked more like a room from the attraction and less like a cross between the mansion and Toontown. What's with the weird angles and rounded corners? If kids are too scared to stay in a cool Haunted Mansion room, they're still going to hate the idea of staying in ANY Haunted Mansion room. They're better off catering to the hardcore fans.

Of course, I'd still be interested in checking this out once. Done right, though, it'd be hard to resist staying there every time.

It is a great idea, though, and hopefully a trend that will continue. Maybe someday a Jungle Cruise room (I know, I know, I won't hold my breath)?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I would definitely stay in the Haunted Mansion Room. This is a great idea!!

I would also add in other themed rooms like:

Alice in Wonderland
    Peter Pan
    Jungle Cruise
    Space Mountain
    Big Thunder Mountain

Basically, any room themed after a ride or even a Disney film (if done correctly) would only add to the awesome experience of staying on site.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

yes i would def stay in the Haunted Mansion based rooms, even though they look almost alittle too cartoonish for my taste
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Not a Crook

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Basically, any room themed after a ride or even a Disney film (if done correctly) would only add to the awesome experience of staying on site.
    I still think that I prefer if rooms fit the theme of the resort, and I definitely wouldn't want everything to have movie or ride themed rooms. Port Orleans Riverside, for example, has two different style of rooms that fit perfectly, and I'd hate to see them sacrificed.

This does get me thinking that they maybe should consider a Magic Kingdom themed moderate resort, since I don't believe they've added a moderate in a while. That way they could design entire sections based on Haunted Mansion, Frontierland, etc., without disrupting the theme of existing locations. Sadly, I doubt we'll see any big developments until they're finished with the new "Art of Animation" resort.
    "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

• MiceChat Travel Partner

Haunted Mansion room all the way! I would be OK with the princess room, but jiminy christmas--the Haunted Mansion room is FAB-the wall sconces, the beds (those bedspreads!) the bust on the shelf (wouldn't it be cool if it moved?).
    So cool.
    MiceChat Preferred Travel Partner

Contact us to book your next Disney Vacation!

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Those rooms look really cool. I like the Haunted Mansion one, and the Princess room.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The Haunted Mansion room looks cool, but I'd rather the resorts keep their original theming and keep the parks stuff for the parks.

• Happy Haunt

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    $50 says if they build the Haunted Mansion rooms, those bedspreads will disappear faster than the ghosts.
    My very first thought was wondering how much they charge you for a missing bedspread.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast