• Looking for the Mouse!

Lightbulb OK- 95 days til WDW

95 days until I return to Disney with my family. This will be the first visit for me since 1988, and the first ever for my wife and our three children (12, 5, and 2)

We have been to Disney Land- as we lived in Phoenix, AZ before mving back to New York.

Here are my questions for mice chatters:

In 5 days I can start making dinner reservations...What are the 'MUST EAT AT' restraunts?

We will be there for 8 days- staying on Property- (pop century) What are the MUST SEE attractions, and rides!

Lastly- we are arriving on Valentines day. (Here's the LONG version)- My wife and I are high school sweethearts- and the first 'date movie' we ever went to was The Little Mermaid. I thought it wold be GREAT to do something Ariel and Prince Eric themed for VD. (Grandma is going to watch the kids)- How do I start.

Thanks for your help and ideas- I'm all ears! See you in February!

Mark

Re: OK- 95 days til WDW

Only 28 days for me!

Ok, sorry to rub that in. Off the top of my head, there are only two Little Mermaid themed things to do in WDW. In, MK Ariel has a 'grotto' where she does meets and greets. As I don't have children I've never been, so I'm not sure how 'Little Mermaid-y' it is. You could walk through the area, take a picture, and then follow it up with a nice romantic dinner in one of the MK area hotel restaurants.

OR you could go over to MGM and actually see the The Little Mermaid 'show'. It's a combination of live actors, puppets, and special effects. You could follow that up with a nice romantic dinner at The Brown Derby, or any of the Epcot WS or hotel restaurants.

That's all I got. HTH!

• Sex Panther made by Odeon

God only knows when I will visit WDW again, but I can tell you it won't be soon enough, that my friend is a sad tale I have to live with every day!
    Great Odin's raven!

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by markbee
    In 5 days I can start making dinner reservations...What are the 'MUST EAT AT' restraunts?
    Actually, you can start booking now (they moved it to 180 days). As for the restaurants, I'd go to Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace, Boma, Hollywood & Vine and at least one World Showcase restaurant.

We will be there for 8 days- staying on Property- (pop century) What are the MUST SEE attractions, and rides!
    Must see attractions: All of them (definitely Tower of Terror, Soarin', Mickey's Philharmagic, Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth, Dinosaur, Kiliminjaro Safaris, Sounds Dangerous, Fantasmic, Wishes & Reflections of Earth to name a few) It really depends on what kind of rides you like though.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    Actually, you can start booking now (they moved it to 180 days). As for the restaurants, I'd go to Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace, Boma, Hollywood & Vine and at least one World Showcase restaurant.

Mikey, Mikey, Mikey ... all those buffets can't be healthy now. Don't you know about the obesity problem in our nation? It's an epidemic. Portion control is very important. So what's with all the buffet suggestions? How about just one buffet? And Boma would be it!

If you like Chinese, you might want to try Nine Dragons at Epcot. I had a bad meal there in the 1980s and vowed not to return. About 10 years ago I went back and had another very mediocre experience and stayed away until this week. Well, the food has improved very much. It was a wonderful surprise and the prices are quite reasonable, even by real-world standards. Great service too!

Must see attractions: All of them (definitely Tower of Terror, Soarin', Mickey's Philharmagic, Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth, Dinosaur, Kiliminjaro Safaris, Sounds Dangerous, Fantasmic, Wishes & Reflections of Earth to name a few) It really depends on what kind of rides you like though.

-Michael
    Good advice. But if the OP is going to be there for eight days, they'll have plenty of time to do everything major in all four parks. I agree with your must-sees except for Sounds Dangerous. You got some Drew Carey fixation going on? And how can you leave out things like Haunted Mansion, Pirates and American Adventure?

BTW, saw Fantasmic at the Studios Sunday just for you, and I'll admit I enjoyed it more than past showings (nice weather and no crowds may have played a factor), but DL's is still better!

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    Mikey, Mikey, Mikey ... all those buffets can't be healthy now. Don't you know about the obesity problem in our nation? It's an epidemic. Portion control is very important. So what's with all the buffet suggestions? How about just one buffet? And Boma would be it!
    I laugh in the face of obesity. Seriously though, there is no place I'd rather gain weight than Disney World. And its not really a matter of buffets or sit downs. It really depends on what you eat there. The buffets are great not only because of the fact that you can take as much as you want, but they offer variety that can't be found in sit downs. You don't like turkey? Get the prime rib. You don't want to have little pieces of salmon baked in couscous (btw, I'm making that up), get the 'smashed' potatoes. Personally, I will never let obesity worries affect me while I'm in Disney World. Life is too short. (okay, that was a bit cliche)

I agree with your must-sees except for Sounds Dangerous. You got some Drew Carey fixation going on?
    I think the show is hilarious (although I guess it can't hurt that I'm a fan of Drew (from his show, Whose Line & Green Screen)). A little , but I'm going to be seeing him at an Improv All Stars show later this month.

And how can you leave out things like Haunted Mansion, Pirates and American Adventure?
    Being that he's been there before (and I'm guessing he has some knowledge of Disneyland/World), I was listing the ones he might not have thought of right away. But yes, he is definitely going to have time to do most, if not all the attractions.

BTW, saw Fantasmic at the Studios Sunday just for you, and I'll admit I enjoyed it more than past showings (nice weather and no crowds may have played a factor), but DL's is still better!
    Wow, I'm glad you were thinking of me in Disney World.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Minion

I laugh in the face of obesity. Seriously though, there is no place I'd rather gain weight than Disney World.
    As a chunky guy who has to fight the good fight every friggin' day, a Disney vacation is the one time of the year where I just don't worry about it. And it usually breaks pretty close to even for me. I'm eating like a prince, but I'm walking through most of the day (which by definition means that I'm not either sitting at my desk or laying on my couch!), so the exercise balances the calories pretty nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung
    As a chunky guy who has to fight the good fight every friggin' day, a Disney vacation is the one time of the year where I just don't worry about it. And it usually breaks pretty close to even for me. I'm eating like a prince, but I'm walking through most of the day (which by definition means that I'm not either sitting at my desk or laying on my couch!), so the exercise balances the calories pretty nicely.
    I used to find walking did off-set my eating at WDW, but then my metabolism changed. I can walk 10 miles in one day and it makes no difference if I eat two big meals and have one dessert.

I just ate like there was no tomorrow on my cruise and came disembarked FIVE pounds heavier than when I boarded.

Worse, Thanksgiving is coming and then I'm spending the weekend in Vegas. Mmmmmmmmmmm.....foooooooooooood.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Well- since you have a romantic day with the wife, I would suggest a sit down dinner instead of a buffet. I have eaten at the San Angel Inn which was really good and Bistro de Paris- which from what i understand is hot or miss. The San Angel Inn is one of my favorite, so that would be my suggestion. This is not Ariel themed, but a good place to eat.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

^^^San Angel Inn sadly is a big skip from me. It was once a favorite, but since some IDIOT in food and bererage decided to serve Tostitos chips from a bag vs. freshly baked chips, as well as Frito-Lay/WalMart salsa instead of fresh made to save $$$, I will not patronize the place again.

IMHO, it shows a great deal of contempt for visitors to serve crap like that a fine dining establishment.

• Looking for the Mouse!

Thanks for all the tips. This will be our first family adventure to Walt Disney world, like I had said- we've been to DL and CA- but this is ... Special.

REALLY looking forward to the TRIP!

Oh- and only 87 days to go.

Hope to see you there!

Mark

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by markbee
    Thanks for all the tips. This will be our first family adventure to Walt Disney world, like I had said- we've been to DL and CA- but this is ... Special.

REALLY looking forward to the TRIP!

Oh- and only 87 days to go.

Hope to see you there!

Mark
    Bummer man! We're leaving the day before you arrive! Oh well.

Have a great trip!