Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Daisy Love?

No Daisy Love?

Daisy is like the least recognized member, of the Sensational 6, i guess. But why? I've watched all the WDW castle shows and she's not in any. Shes not event on the boat durring fantasmic!! Like before, you couldnt really find her in the parks but now shes a little more seen but not mentioned....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: No Daisy Love?

Quote Originally Posted by Omegadiz View Post
    Daisy is like the least recognized member, of the Sensational 6, i guess. But why? I've watched all the WDW castle shows and she's not in any. Shes not event on the boat durring fantasmic!! Like before, you couldnt really find her in the parks but now shes a little more seen but not mentioned....
    She is not part of the Fab 5. The reasoning goes into a lot of technical marketing psychology, and your short term memory ability to recall etc.. this goes into merch sales etc.

•   
    • Delawarean Girl

I asked the Disney Company many years ago about why isn't Daisy included with the main Disney characters and should it be a Fab 6.

They just said something back like, Daisy was only in cartoons with Donald. While the others had cartoons of there own.

That was my answer from them, back then.

I looked at her as a main character as a little girl. Mostly because the Disney Cartoons that my parents showed had Daisy included in them and I thought Daisy was apart of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley B View Post
    I asked the Disney Company many years ago about why isn't Daisy included with the main Disney characters and should it be a Fab 6.

They just said something back like, Daisy was only in cartoons with Donald. While the others had cartoons of there own.

That was my answer from them, back then.

I looked at her as a main character as a little girl. Mostly because the Disney Cartoons that my parents showed had Daisy included in them and I thought Daisy was apart of them.
    Minnie didnt really have any of here own cartoons. That still doesnt explain why she isnt in any shows though

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Minnie didnt really have any of here own cartoons. That still doesnt explain why she isnt in any shows though
    again, it simply comes down to market research.

• Shubisha

At one point I heard Daisy is something like the #2 most requested character. She can be met daily in Town Square though. As far as parades she's only in the Christmas and Halloween ones, though Halloween she's easy to ignore. They've been very very inclusive about her in Tokyo parades for a while now along with Clarice, and they figured to include both of those characters in Disneyland's Celebrate Street Party.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    At one point I heard Daisy is something like the #2 most requested character. She can be met daily in Town Square though. As far as parades she's only in the Christmas and Halloween ones, though Halloween she's easy to ignore. They've been very very inclusive about her in Tokyo parades for a while now along with Clarice, and they figured to include both of those characters in Disneyland's Celebrate Street Party.
    It doesn't matter if the is the most requested, what matters is instant recall or the Fab 5. Being able to name and recognize the most amount of characters in the least amount of time, so that when you are presented with a purchasing decision you make your choice quickly.

•   
    • Delawarean Girl

I thought so too. But that was what they told me. I would allow her.

I remember this one cartoon with Minnie (w/ no Mickey in it). It had Pluto and Figaro in it. She was trying to make Pluto wear this sweater. That might have been for Figaro. I can't remember who's face lit up for that cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley B View Post
    I thought so too. But that was what they told me. I would allow her.

I remember this one cartoon with Minnie (w/ no Mickey in it). It had Pluto and Figaro in it. She was trying to make Pluto wear this sweater. That might have been for Figaro. I can't remember who's face lit up for that cartoon.

It was a Pluto cartoon....

Isnt that Mickey Mouse Clubhouse show, marketing her somewhat? Between that House of Mouse, Quack Pack, and Mickey's Once/Twice upon a Christmas you would think she'd have a little more popularity. Tokyo is the only resort to really use all the characters (possibly due to the amount of cms). It always kinda bugged me that she isnt part of the Fab 5. Even the dog is in there!!!! I couldnt tell you how many times i've seen Pluto and most of the kids and some adults think its Goofy

•   
    • Delawarean Girl

I would like to know that too. I asked that question about Daisy long before those shows came out. Though, there answer might stay the same.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

It was a Pluto cartoon....

Isnt that Mickey Mouse Clubhouse show, marketing her somewhat? Between that House of Mouse, Quack Pack, and Mickey's Once/Twice upon a Christmas you would think she'd have a little more popularity. Tokyo is the only resort to really use all the characters (possibly due to the amount of cms). It always kinda bugged me that she isnt part of the Fab 5. Even the dog is in there!!!! I couldnt tell you how many times i've seen Pluto and most of the kids and some adults think its Goofy

Pluto has an entire volume of his own cartoons, and yes sometimes he is a supporting character...and even though he's in the fab 5 it is sometimes very difficult to find Pluto Gear, when I do I usually see dog toys or something(go figure)

My understanding was always that Daisy would somehow pull away from the sale of Minnie Merch. bc people would be split between them...

But thats just what I've always been told...
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

•   

The fab 6 or (sensational 6 i forget which is the correct term) is when Daisy is included. The Fab 5 already consists of other main characters, which are all considered to be more marketable as Kingeric has already pointed out. So simple math would tell you that you can't add a 6th person to the "Fab 5". Daisy is more of a supporting character than any of the others but that doesn't mean she doesn't have her own fans. Occasionally Disney refers to the fab 4 also which is Mickey, Goofy, Donald and Pluto. Or the Fab 3 being just Mickey, Goofy and Donald. That just how it goes, it is like a ranking by popularity.

Think of it more as Daisy being like a B list celeb and the Fab 5 are more A list celebs

I still think she could at least be included in parades and shows.... they dont have to really merchendize her. Look at Tokyo, they but Daisy and Clarice in shows but they arent many things mechendised

•   

I used to see her regularly on Main St and at Epcot's Character Connection and I wasn't even looking for her or other characters. Don't really remember her in parades much but have her appearance really been cut down? As of my last trip there in Dec 09 I found used to find her at the parks often, sometimes more than Donald. Guest relations at any park should be able to help you locate her if she will be anywhere that day.

Its not locating her, its just shes like never included in anything

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast