Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Green Light For Monsters Inc. Roller Coaster In 2014

Two coasters for every gir-r-r-r-rl...and boy!!! A new claim is that 2014 will see the addition of a second coaster for Disney Hollywood Studios...an eerie green lighted ride, themed to Monsters Inc. Rockin' Aroesmith could use some monsterous competition. No further details at this time. Booya!!!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: Green Light For Monsters Inc. Roller Coaster In 2014

Really, is that the best they could come up with? of course more details would be needed. If it's themed to Monsters, they would need to make it a suspended coaster, as if you are in the "Door Room" chasing after Randall and Boo's door.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Really, is that the best they could come up with? of course more details would be needed. If it's themed to Monsters, they would need to make it a suspended coaster, as if you are in the "Door Room" chasing after Randall and Boo's door.

That's the current rumor (which has been circulating for a year at least), with dark ride scenes as well. It would go in Pixar Place where the Meet Mickey was next to Midway Mania. I think they'll wait for FLE to finish or at least solidify its plans before announcing this though..
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Now with 5% more insanity

I had a feeling this would happen, with all the rumors about MI 2 floating about. Personally, I'm excited as heck! As a rabid Pixar fan, I have a feeling that Pixar is going to make sure that this is done right. I can't imagine them having it any other way.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I would use the word yellow light and not green light. There is a lot of debate going on over the location it will be taking residence... basically the old fight is back... sigh... just build it.

• Banned User

Just what DHS needs, another carny coaster dressed up with a Pixar theme. They learned nothing from the Crush's Coaster in Paris, obviously. Personally, I find the concept of Monsters inc for a coaster to be trite and cheap. "Fellas! Just slap a Pixar movie character to a coaster and presto!". I would not be interested. I mush rather see a ride like the ones in DCA and TDL.. especially the TDL version, which is big and expensive looking.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    A Monster's themed suspended coaster was first rumored for DCA a couple of years ago. The buzz was that it would go into the Hollywood area. Perhaps DHS and DCA would both receive one...if the rumor prooves true reagarding the Studios park.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    That's the current rumor (which has been circulating for a year at least), with dark ride scenes as well. It would go in Pixar Place where the Meet Mickey was next to Midway Mania. I think they'll wait for FLE to finish or at least solidify its plans before announcing this though..
    Thanks for this information, yoyoflamingo. This is awesome news!

Quote Originally Posted by BANANAZ View Post
    I had a feeling this would happen, with all the rumors about MI 2 floating about. Personally, I'm excited as heck! As a rabid Pixar fan, I have a feeling that Pixar is going to make sure that this is done right. I can't imagine them having it any other way.
    God bless us Pixar fans, every one...

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    I would use the word yellow light and not green light. There is a lot of debate going on over the location it will be taking residence... basically the old fight is back... sigh... just build it.
    I'm sure that any fighting will be doused by 2012...leaving plenty of time to have the coaster/dark ride to be built and open by the runored targeted date, 2014.

• Not a Crook

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Just what DHS needs, another carny coaster dressed up with a Pixar theme. They learned nothing from the Crush's Coaster in Paris, obviously. Personally, I find the concept of Monsters inc for a coaster to be trite and cheap. "Fellas! Just slap a Pixar movie character to a coaster and presto!". I would not be interested. I mush rather see a ride like the ones in DCA and TDL.. especially the TDL version, which is big and expensive looking.
    I think we're stretching a bit calling a fully themed suspended coaster with dark ride elements a "carny coaster." I've heard people clamoring for a coaster style ride through the doors sequence of the movie for years, and I don't think a traditional dark ride could come close to replicating that experience. The only technology other than a suspended coaster I could think of would be something like the Kuka's, but that tech is locked up contractually by Universal for the near future.
    "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    A suspended coaster has been the ride system ramblings. In terms of size and scope alone, a ride of this nature would hardly be starting out as a "fancy dancy carny madmouse" such as Crush's Coaster...although I'm quite intrigued by CC, too.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Romantic View Post
    I think we're stretching a bit calling a fully themed suspended coaster with dark ride elements a "carny coaster." I've heard people clamoring for a coaster style ride through the doors sequence of the movie for years, and I don't think a traditional dark ride could come close to replicating that experience. The only technology other than a suspended coaster I could think of would be something like the Kuka's, but that tech is locked up contractually by Universal for the near future.
    ^
    That!

• Member; Mousketeer

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    A Monster's themed suspended coaster was first rumored for DCA a couple of years ago. The buzz was that it would go into the Hollywood area. Perhaps DHS and DCA would both receive one...if the rumor proves true regarding the Studios park.
    I too recall learning of such a notion.

The Hollywood Studios sub-section in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot
    for California Adventure was to receive a Monsters Inc. overlay.

It would have included the dark ride, the coaster on the east, and the
    comedy club on the west.

Of course, when this concept was being pitched, the Laugh Floor
    was still in its development stage.

Apparently ideas never do perish in Walt Disney Imagineering.

Even over-barring ones.

• Minion

Well, its on how they do fully themed, if its not imagined properly it'll come across as exactly that (Crush's Coaster), if its super well themed (doubtful) it'll be like a gimmicky Peter Pans flight....

My view on this rumour so far, skeptical meets dissapointed.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Rob™ View Post
    I too recall learning of such a notion.

The Hollywood Studios sub-section in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot
    for California Adventure was to receive a Monsters Inc. overlay.

It would have included the dark ride, the coaster on the east, and the
    comedy club on the west.

Of course, when this concept was being pitched, the Laugh Floor
    was still in its development stage.

Apparently ideas never do perish in Walt Disney Imagineering.

Even over-barring ones.
    Absolutely, Rob. A suspended coaster/darkride leaves me salavating. And we're getting closer to this finally becoming a reality. One way or another, Disney could fit a version in at DCA...if it becomes determined enough.

• Not a Crook

Quote Originally Posted by Joelio View Post
    Well, its on how they do fully themed, if its not imagined properly it'll come across as exactly that (Crush's Coaster), if its super well themed (doubtful) it'll be like a gimmicky Peter Pans flight....

My view on this rumour so far, skeptical meets dissapointed.
    I think there's a humongous load of pessimism toward WDW right now (obviously, and not unearned). However, the game of "This new ride is just a gimmicky (insert existing ride here)" is a losing one. Every ride experience is going to have some similarity to some existing one. Little Mermaid is just Haunted Mansion with some more modern effects, Harry Potter is just Spider Man with more range of motion, etc. If the ride is done right, and I fully agree that it might not be, but if it is, the comparisons will pretty much end at both have theming and both are suspended.
    "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

• Minion

I think there's a humongous load of pessimism toward WDW right now (obviously, and not unearned). However, the game of "This new ride is just a gimmicky (insert existing ride here)" is a losing one. Every ride experience is going to have some similarity to some existing one. Little Mermaid is just Haunted Mansion with some more modern effects, Harry Potter is just Spider Man with more range of motion, etc. If the ride is done right, and I fully agree that it might not be, but if it is, the comparisons will pretty much end at both have theming and both are suspended.
    EDIT: fair point.
    Last edited by Joelio; 08-14-2010 at 05:34 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast