Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Disney Hollywood Studios: New Star Tours Teaser Video

    New Star Tours Video Makes Us Ask: Where Will the New Star Tours Attraction Take Us? Disney Parks Blog

    Those viewing the Disneyland lounge have already seen this video. Thought that I would show it to those In the WDW lounge, as a version of the ride is slated to be place at this resort as well.

    The Disney Hollywood Studios ride will apparently have the same basic storyline. However, it's technology and effects will not be as advanced as the Disneyland and Tokyo rides. This is almost certainly because the WDW suits reside on the Death Star. So do not...I repeat, DO NOT let these killer pencil pushers trick you into thinking that the Planet Alderaan is in anyway relaxing...let alone safe.

    Where will the new Star Tours 2 attraction takes us? ...On course with total decimation by the Death Star.

    My advise to you is to get on the microphone and tell the "get away" travel people off, grab a beer from the refrigerater, and slide down the emergency chute as fast as you can...before your Star speeder takes off!


    In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the video.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  2. #2

    • Mostly Harmless.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in Idaho...
    Posts
    1,823

    Re: Disney Hollywood Studios: New Star Tours Teaser Video

    Safest planet in the galaxy... Awesome!
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

  3. #3

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chickapin Hill
    Posts
    10,907
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Disney Hollywood Studios: New Star Tours Teaser Video

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    The Disney Hollywood Studios ride will apparently have the same basic storyline. However, it's technology and effects will not be as advanced as the Disneyland and Tokyo rides. This is almost certainly because the WDW suits reside on the Death Star. So do not...I repeat, DO NOT let these killer pencil pushers trick you into thinking that the Planet Alderaan is in anyway relaxing...let alone safe.
    Last I've read, we're getting the same one.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!










  4. #4

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Re: Disney Hollywood Studios: New Star Tours Teaser Video

    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Last I've read, we're getting the same one.
    According to the latest information that I have read, Disneyland Resort management and the Oriental Land Company are sharing the research and development costs...while WDW management wants to install the same ride system without sharing the cost. So this leaves me torn as to how.

    On the one hand, I'm hoping that DHS will get the same high quality ride, with all the "bells and whistels" for the local Disney fan base, including yourself. Then again, I don't desire in the least to see the cavaleer, cheap attitude of WDW be rewarded. For eons, DLR has done without clones of popular headliner WDW rides and other attractions. And when we do occasionally receive one, it is useally severely downscaled and vastly inferior.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  5. #5

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Re: Disney Hollywood Studios: New Star Tours Teaser Video

    Quote Originally Posted by Coastierox View Post
    Safest planet in the galaxy... Awesome!
    Yeah. I plan to kick it on Alderaan for a good two or three weeks. Maybe I'll work on a good dark suntan. Don't want any tan lines showing.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  6. #6

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: Disney Hollywood Studios: New Star Tours Teaser Video

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    According to the latest information that I have read, Disneyland Resort management and the Oriental Land Company are sharing the research and development costs...while WDW management wants to install the same ride system without sharing the cost. So this leaves me torn as to how.
    If this is the case, leave it to the WDW management to be a cheap-arse group with cheap-arse (but very expensive ticket prices) parks.
    And KUDOS to OLC for caring to put the money where it counts.. which is again, why I will always say it: TOKYO DISNEY RESORT IS THE VERY BEST DISNEY EXPERIENCE, while WDW will be the most varied and simply WORST. I could only hope the Starspeeder offered flights from the US to Urayasu so you all can see how you get ripped off at WDW day in and day out.

    On the plus side.. I do like the premise of the video and the fact that in typical disney fashion, promises adventures that will ultimately turn out much less inferior in the final product. I have to say the newly re-worked logo and the "galaxy in the sky" fireworks sound promising.. too bad it's all in fantasy and not in relaity.

  7. #7

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: Disney Hollywood Studios: New Star Tours Teaser Video

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Yeah. I plan to kick it on Alderaan for a good two or three weeks. Maybe I'll work on a good dark suntan. Don't want any tan lines showing.
    Want to join me at Club Orlando tomorrow and get tanned without the lines?

  8. #8

    • Not a Crook
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    440

    Re: Disney Hollywood Studios: New Star Tours Teaser Video

    I'm not going to get too worked up over the cheap rumors yet, at least until we officially find out what the Studios version is going to be like.

    I do appreciate that the preview video managed to really replicate the feel of the old Star Tours without seeming retro or outdated. I think that one video made me more excited for the new version than any of the hype released over the last year.
    "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

    Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

  9. #9

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Re: Disney Hollywood Studios: New Star Tours Teaser Video

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    If this is the case, leave it to the WDW management to be a cheap-arse group with cheap-arse (but very expensive ticket prices) parks.
    And KUDOS to OLC for caring to put the money where it counts.. which is again, why I will always say it: TOKYO DISNEY RESORT IS THE VERY BEST DISNEY EXPERIENCE, while WDW will be the most varied and simply WORST. I could only hope the Starspeeder offered flights from the US to Urayasu so you all can see how you get ripped off at WDW day in and day out.

    On the plus side.. I do like the premise of the video and the fact that in typical disney fashion, promises adventures that will ultimately turn out much less inferior in the final product. I have to say the newly re-worked logo and the "galaxy in the sky" fireworks sound promising.. too bad it's all in fantasy and not in relaity.
    I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the "galaxy in the sky" fireworks do become a one day leave the world of fantasy to become reality...though not in our lifetime. That said, I've heard that Disney has worked on a designs for a theme park in space. Though this will not occur for eons...what I would give to be a fly on the wall.

    um...one other thing... WDW's (MIS)MANAGEMENT TEAM SUCKS!!!!!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  10. #10

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Re: Disney Hollywood Studios: New Star Tours Teaser Video

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Want to join me at Club Orlando tomorrow and get tanned without the lines?
    I am so there.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


Similar Threads

  1. [Video] NEW Star Tours Video!!!!!!!
    By DARTH MAUL in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 08-20-2010, 01:08 AM
  2. King Kong 360 3D Teaser...Universal Studios Hollywood
    By Ride Warrior in forum Universal Studios California
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 11:30 AM
  3. [Video] Universal Studios Hollywood Video
    By SoCalbma in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-24-2009, 10:10 PM
  4. Disney-MGM Studios Name Change To Disney's Hollywood Studios
    By granka in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 09:07 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •