View Poll Results: Which Country would you like to see added to the World Showcase at Epcot

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spain

8 10.13%
  • Russia

24 30.38%
  • New Zealand

10 12.66%
  • Argentina

0 0%
  • Iran

1 1.27%
  • Poland

0 0%
  • India

11 13.92%
  • Brazil

13 16.46%
  • Egypt

9 11.39%
  • Oklahoma

3 3.80%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Poll: What Country would you like to see added to Epcot's World Showcase?

Ok so there are all these fun rumors again, but let's make it MiceChat Official with a poll.

Which Country would you like to see join the World Showcase family?

• Banned User

Re: Poll: What Country would you like to see added to Epcot's World Showcase?

I'd like to see Equatorial Africa, Australia, Israel, Argentina and Spain. In addition to Oklahoma.. maybe Indiana?
    Avoid the gay bashing countries.. like Egypt.

• ...is busy, please hold.

Russia to me, remains a missed endeavor. I agree with Spain, but i really want a new pavillion not representing first world Europe. Also no movie links(Austrailia=Finding Nemo .etc), a full blooded cultural diarama.
    Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
    Think of it as a third arm that magically
    shoots bullets!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I'd like to see Equatorial Africa, Australia, Israel, Argentina and Spain. In addition to Oklahoma.. maybe Indiana?
    Avoid the gay bashing countries.. like Egypt.
    Well I figured if Oklahoma was international enough for the Food and Wine Festival, then maybe it needs a permanent home. lol

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    Well I figured if Oklahoma was international enough for the Food and Wine Festival, then maybe it needs a permanent home. lol
    I think an Idaho pavillion would be most useful as well. We could learn about how to peel potatoes more efficiently and evenly.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Not necessarily in this order:

India - world's 2nd largest country

Australia - each continent needs to be represented

Brazil - Rio - each continent needs to be represented, and Rio could celebrate Carnivale all year 'round

Israel - no denying the historical and religious significance, and even with the slaughter of the Jews in WW2, the arab world still despises, and even the Iranian president has called for the end of this country, Israel certainly deserve a space in the World Showdcase, to deny it, is to deny so much of what influences the entire world today.

Russia - one of the biggest powers in the 20th century.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    India - world's 2nd largest country.
    Maybe all of the jobs in the pavillion could be outsourced to ... American workers?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Maybe all of the jobs in the pavillion could be outsourced to ... American workers?
    oh could you imagine an attraction, where you the guest get to sit down in a cramped cubical and take tech support calls from all over the world. lol

• Banned User

Well that would make for a valid exhibit in an Indian pavillion... and keeps with EPCOT's traditions of being an "educational" park.

• Ravenclaw

Switzerland, pull back out the plans and build it. We get the Matterhorn plus Swiss chocolates.

• Not a Crook

After seeing the suggestion in the other thread, I really do want New Zealand now, although it'll never happen. Maybe we could get Australia/New Zealand in one, heh.
    "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

They could add Argentina and have a ride based off of "Evita" with Madonna and Antonio Banderas singing all the songs.

India for sure - excellent food, beautiful textiles/things that could be for sale, lovely architecture, but not sure on the ride...and it must be a RIDE, not another damn film...Hmm.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

The first country I would add, Greece, is not among the poll choices. You can find my plans for it (as well as Russia, Switzerland, etc.) in an idealized World Showcase, on my new blog/website here:

Theme Park Conceptual Site Plans

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    India for sure - excellent food, beautiful textiles/things that could be for sale, lovely architecture, but not sure on the ride...and it must be a RIDE, not another damn film...Hmm.
    There are so many different things you could do with an Indian ride.
    I'd do a crazy "Taxi" ride (they use a lot of 2 and 4 seat little 3 wheeled motor taxis) - cute but sort of dangerous. The ride would start off as a dark ride with lots of sudden swerves to avoid other cars and trucks on India's overly crowded roads. You suddenly swerve to avoid an oncoming truck and end up diving into a temple and right through an ornate tapestry back in time through a history of India, its different cultures, gods and invaders. Through it all, your spirit guide keeps you out of harm's way, speaking in deep calming tones even as you face treacherous terrain and circumstances. Your journey never ends, but your taxi, I'm afraid, has run out of gas. Enjoy your stay here in India.

India has an ancient culture which spans the history of time itself. Human Beings have made their home in India for at least 75,000 years, but there is at least 5,000 years of recorded history. So much could be done with the ancient tales, Mugal invaders, Hindu gods and mysticism. Much potential for a vibrant and interesting ride.

I spent the better part of 5 years in India. It is truly fascinating and quite unlike anything most American's have ever seen. India would be a fantastic addition to World Showcase, Food, culture, music, and even a creative ride.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast