Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Lightbulb Re: Should there be major E-Ticket attractions in World Showcase?

With the direction WDW management and the company overall has been going, it's doubtful that we'll see an original attraction that isn't related to the latest Pixar franchise. That said, they could easily add the Ratatouille ride being developed for WDS Paris to Epcot's France pavilion instead of the previously rumored location in the Pixar Studio section of DHS. Its a closer thematic fit in the France pavilion, and Epcot sorely needs more attractions for children. The ride doesn't seem to have a very large footprint, and it looks like there's more than enough room behind France:

(also: who knew the mini Eiffel Tower was actually perched atop the back of the Impressions de France building?)

edit: here's a look from other angles

They could even replace the old Impressions de France CircleVision film, which opened in with the park in '82, with the Ratatouille ride. I don't think it'll be much of a loss.

Disney...are you listening?
    Last edited by WDWizard; 08-19-2010 at 07:51 PM.

• Minion

Re: Should there be major E-Ticket attractions in World Showcase?

Big "Yes" to e-tickets... I think every pavilion should feature at least one ride (or major show like the American Adventure).

Big "No" to any toonification whatsoever in EPCOT - I say keep that in Fantasyland or Pixar Place.

An expansion idea:

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    I have no problem with an E-ticket being there as long as it doesn't detract from the theme of the area. I wouldn't want a huge rollercoaster running all over world showcase.

However, instead of a major E-ticket I'd almost rather see 3 new C-tickets scattered throughout. Give Germany its river ride, maybe give the UK a Marry Poppins guided tour of the UK (dark ride where we fly over the area). I wouldn't mind seeing a raft ride in Canada though.
    I agree with this. Although I wouldn't object to an E-ticket ride, personally I too would rather see a couple of C/D tickets like Maelstrom and Gran Fiesta Tour added around World Showcase. I think World Showcase works best when you see each pavilion as an individual experience, each slowly drawing you into its culture, food and architecture. And with some of the pavilions, you'd have a small attraction as an extension of that experience.

There are many Epcot visitors (including some on this thread) who prefer World Showcase WITHOUT the E-ticket experience, because such a ride might be a distraction from what World Showcase should be about: the countries. And that's a valid point. That's why Mexico and Norway work very well with their respective attractions; those that aren't interested in the ride can easily ignore it and still have an entire fully-themed pavilion to explore, and those just wanting to ride can do so, and must walk through the pavilion to get there - and they might just learn something about the country in the process.

^ And to RandySavage above, I agree that Epcot should avoid toonification for the most part... but would anyone object to a revival of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride at the UK pavilion, taking you on a whirlwind tour of the English and Scottish countryside? I sure wouldn't!

Epcot was always my favorite park growing up. You could do all the emersive dark rides in the morning, then lunch in world showcase before ambling around all afternoon before the evening's fireworks.

I don't think a big rollercoaster is the right for WS thought, especially when the rest of epcot has prime locations crying out for a new rollercoaster (Imagination pavillion, odysey centre, wonders of life pavillion).

It would be nice to see that every country has something to watch or experience. As a UK peep I am always a little disapointed that the UK is only represented by a pub, occassionally the beatles and a winnie the pooh photo op. It would be great to have a film or even a gallery showing some aspects of the uk people might not know about (Wales?Scotland?NI?). Granted a lot of the pavillions have these already but maybe something about British music or art or history! The same for some of the other countries.

Blog Entries

I definitely agree. World Showcase has something going for it that no other Disney park has. I'd hate to see that ruined just to put a ride in. But I do believe that it needs more rides. There is far too much of a focus on movies as the entertainment in World Showcase. I don't need huge E-tickets as to me World Showcase itself should be the major E-Ticket and I want the countries to remain the main showcase in each area, but I'd love to see Toad in the UK, another boat ride in Germany, etc...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

First I want to remind everyone that the "American Adventure" is the big E-Ticket in the World Showcase.

I will have to say that I am of the school of thought that I personally would also like to see 3 or 4 good C/D tickets go into World Showcase pre big E-ticket.

Give us the Rhine River Boat tour... Give us the bullet train across Japan... Give us desert jeep tour in Morroco... Just give us rides that aren't based on any current IP (intelectual property).

Give the film creatives something to turn into a movie, not vice versa.

• 60 Years of Magic!

My first trip to Epcot was in 1985, three years after it opened. I didn't find it boring at all. Second trip was in 1988, loved it even more. After many trips since then the park needs some work in Future World, but World Showcase is great. I say if you want more rides go to Universal Islands of Adventure instead.

I'm not against adding attractions to World Showcase if it can be done right, but I don't think every country needs a ride.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomBoy View Post
    I would think for each land there is it would have a ride to it like.... Britain: PeterPan thrill ride?
    Italy: Pinchicho
    Etc
    Britain: World of Harry Potter.

Oh yeah. Never mind.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    britain: World of harry potter.

Oh yeah. Never mind.

oh snap!

• Rock Star Minion

Yes, I did go there!!
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Calls WDW "Home".

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Animal Kingdom on the other hand---->.
    How can you give a thumbs down to AK? I guess if you are a person who wants to run through and do rides, you may not "get" what AK is all about. It isn't about rides. It's a place to slow down and appreciate the beauty of the park. If you just run through from ride to ride, you miss out on De Vine, the monkeys, the whole front of the park with the animals and their keepers, the detail in the lands. AK isn't all about the attractions.

But the sooner you leave, the less crowded it is for me...so Thanks!!!

As for the original question, I don't think there should be a E-ticket for each country, but each country should have some type of attraction. I do like the Jeep ride in morocco idea and the water ride in Canada.
    2010 Stanley Cup Champions!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Animal Kingdom on the other hand---->. But that is another thread
    You're breaking my heart MP. I LOVE DAK, but I'm an animal person. I think it boils down to the kind of park goer you are.

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    First I want to remind everyone that the "American Adventure" is the big E-Ticket in the World Showcase.

I will have to say that I am of the school of thought that I personally would also like to see 3 or 4 good C/D tickets go into World Showcase pre big E-ticket.

Give us the Rhine River Boat tour... Give us the bullet train across Japan... Give us desert jeep tour in Morroco... Just give us rides that aren't based on any current IP (intelectual property).

Give the film creatives something to turn into a movie, not vice versa.
    This one. I agree completely.

World Showcase works for a park goer that's different from the average theme park visitor. If you go for the attractions, then WS will be very boring for you. WS is all about the countries, I'd like more rides like Maelstrom (although updated) to fill each country so we can learn more about them. After all, that's kind of the point of WS, to learn more about a country's culture....and sell overpriced items from said countries.

• Now with 5% more insanity

I'm loving the ideas popping up on this thread... I do agree that WS needs more then movies and restaurants. Teach us something about the country. Show us it's art, history, culture, and wild life. And as many others have said, it doesn't have to be E-tickets. I have to say, I LOVE the Mexico pavilion. Inside the temple is just so believable... And the ride is just so cute! I think it's a very good example of what a pavilion should be. As for Norway, I do love Maelstrom very much, although I do think the loading area could use some work. I feel like I'm in a convention building or something, not like I'm about to embark on a magical journey into Norway's past. Fix that area, please.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by BANANAZ View Post
    As for Norway, I do love Maelstrom very much, although I do think the loading area could use some work. I feel like I'm in a convention building or something, not like I'm about to embark on a magical journey into Norway's past. Fix that area, please.
    The Queue at Norway always puzzled me. The exit is so incredibly well themed with the fishing village that, it makes the entrance even more puzzling.

It makes me think that the separate load and unload platforms was a last minute change.

• Now with 5% more insanity

It very well could of been, although at least they thought to put the mural in. I do kind of love that mural, with it's Hidden Mickey. Still, I would gladly give it up if it meant a loading area themed to a dark Norwegian forest. Even better, add some little troll animatronics to pop up every once and awhile so you can try and find them while waiting to board.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast