Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51
  1. #1

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3

    Should there be major E-Ticket attractions in World Showcase?

    Would it be acceptable by your own opinions to have a major thrill ride/E-Ticket in World Showcase or should the major attractions be confined to Future World? Do you also think it's acceptable to have an attraction in a pavilion that does not revolve around the country in which the attraction would take place? For example, something I have heard quite a bit, a recreation of Disneyland's Alice in Wonderland dark ride. So what do you think?

  2. #2

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    465

    Re: Should there be major E-Ticket attractions in World Showcase?

    I would think for each land there is it would have a ride to it like.... Britain: PeterPan thrill ride?
    Italy: Pinchicho
    Etc
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

  3. #3

    • Not a Crook
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    440

    Re: Should there be major E-Ticket attractions in World Showcase?

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Mauer View Post
    Would it be acceptable by your own opinions to have a major thrill ride/E-Ticket in World Showcase or should the major attractions be confined to Future World? Do you also think it's acceptable to have an attraction in a pavilion that does not revolve around the country in which the attraction would take place? For example, something I have heard quite a bit, a recreation of Disneyland's Alice in Wonderland dark ride. So what do you think?
    I think having an E Ticket in World Showcase is fine, as long as it doesn't detract from the theme and focus of the area (presenting and educating about different countries and their cultures).

    Which brings me to your second point. I think it would be a horrible decision to add a ride to one of the countries to simply, well, add a ride. Alice in Wonderland could fit in a Great Britain pavilion, that is true, but it would still seem out of place of the entire park. I'm not entirely against characters hosting rides that explore the country in question in some way, but I'd much rather have original ideas that don't stick out like a sore thumb. Maelstrom is a lot of fun because it is unique and showcases Norway's history and culture, and that's the kind of thing I'd hope they would build in the future.
    "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

    Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

  4. #4

    • Hello there
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    winter wonderland
    Posts
    3,892
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should there be major E-Ticket attractions in World Showcase?

    I guess it depends on the type of e-ticket. If it is a well done dark ride, than yeah as well as it is well themed to the country and shows the country's history or information. But something along the lines of a rollercoaster I am not sure would fit.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

    ΔΜΧΑ

  5. #5

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Middle River, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    1,365

    Re: Should there be major E-Ticket attractions in World Showcase?

    They certainly need to do something for WS. The ones without rides are quite the yawnfest as they are now.

  6. #6

    • Not a Crook
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    440

    Re: Should there be major E-Ticket attractions in World Showcase?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    They certainly need to do something for WS. The ones without rides are quite the yawnfest as they are now.
    One man's yawn fest is another ones immersive, relaxing experience. World Showcase is my favorite thing in WDW, and that's with only 2 minor rides and a couple movies. It's not meant to be a ride packed, fast paced experience, and I would be quite disappointed if it turned into one.
    "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

    Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,181
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should there be major E-Ticket attractions in World Showcase?

    I have no problem with an E-ticket being there as long as it doesn't detract from the theme of the area. I wouldn't want a huge rollercoaster running all over world showcase.

    However, instead of a major E-ticket I'd almost rather see 3 new C-tickets scattered throughout. Give Germany its river ride, maybe give the UK a Marry Poppins guided tour of the UK (dark ride where we fly over the area). I wouldn't mind seeing a raft ride in Canada though.

  8. #8

    • Cars Land Rocks!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    4,611

    Re: Should there be major E-Ticket attractions in World Showcase?

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Romantic View Post
    One man's yawn fest is another ones immersive, relaxing experience. World Showcase is my favorite thing in WDW, and that's with only 2 minor rides and a couple movies. It's not meant to be a ride packed, fast paced experience, and I would be quite disappointed if it turned into one.
    I agree. One of my worst trips to Epcot was going with a large group where many of the people just wanted to do all the rides.

    Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    I have no problem with an E-ticket being there as long as it doesn't detract from the theme of the area. I wouldn't want a huge rollercoaster running all over world showcase.
    I feel the feel the same way. The ride would have to work within the theme, and not take away from the look and feel of World Showcase.





  9. #9

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Middle River, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    1,365

    Re: Should there be major E-Ticket attractions in World Showcase?

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Romantic View Post
    One man's yawn fest is another ones immersive, relaxing experience. World Showcase is my favorite thing in WDW, and that's with only 2 minor rides and a couple movies. It's not meant to be a ride packed, fast paced experience, and I would be quite disappointed if it turned into one.
    I found WS to be primarily nothing more than shops and restaurants, with a ride or movie thrown in here and there. Very little to see or do. About all I do recall of the countries without an attraction is the cuckoo clocks all running on one wall in Germany, and the fountain in Italy. The rest was unremarkable and forgettable. (Then again, that sums up most of my Epcot experience in general.) While I don't think they necessarily have to have coasters and E-ticket rides, they just need more than shops and restaurants!

  10. #10

    • Cars Land Rocks!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    4,611

    Re: Should there be major E-Ticket attractions in World Showcase?

    I think Epcot has plenty to see, unless someone is blindfolded.





  11. #11

    • Hello there
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    winter wonderland
    Posts
    3,892
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should there be major E-Ticket attractions in World Showcase?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    I found WS to be primarily nothing more than shops and restaurants, with a ride or movie thrown in here and there. Very little to see or do. About all I do recall of the countries without an attraction is the cuckoo clocks all running on one wall in Germany, and the fountain in Italy. The rest was unremarkable and forgettable. (Then again, that sums up most of my Epcot experience in general.) While I don't think they necessarily have to have coasters and E-ticket rides, they just need more than shops and restaurants!
    Really? There seems to be almost something in each country to enjoy
    whether it is a ride in Mexico and Norway or a movie. Most of them have some form of entertainment like the Morrocan band, or Canadian band, or English band or the Chinese acrobats or the candy lady in Japan. Just looking at everything laid out is also a part of the experience- like looking at the miniatures in Germany, Canadian waterfall. Yes- if you are looking for thrill rides WS is not the place to be. But it has a full day worth of activities if you choose to partake. EPCOT is one of my favorate parks because of this. My kids love it also. The passports and the kidcots entertain them everytime. Filling up the passports at each country and have them write something in their native language is great. Also during the holidays each country has (had) something dedicated to teaching how that country celebrates the holidays.

    I understand that was your Epcot experience and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just never saw it as boring.
    Animal Kingdom on the other hand---->. But that is another thread
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

    ΔΜΧΑ

  12. #12

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Middle River, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    1,365

    Re: Should there be major E-Ticket attractions in World Showcase?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Really? There seems to be almost something in each country to enjoy whether it is a ride in Mexico and Norway or a movie.
    As I said, I was referring to the countries that did not have those attractions.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Most of them have some form of entertainment like the Morrocan band, or Canadian band, or English band or the Chinese acrobats or the candy lady in Japan.
    They had none of that when I was there in 1997. At least that would have been something! The only band I recall was an Oompah band in Germany, with those really long horns like you see on the Ricola commercials.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Just looking at everything laid out is also a part of the experience- like looking at the miniatures in Germany, Canadian waterfall. Yes- if you are looking for thrill rides WS is not the place to be. But it has a full day worth of activities if you choose to partake. EPCOT is one of my favorate parks because of this. My kids love it also. The passports and the kidcots entertain them everytime. Filling up the passports at each country and have them write something in their native language is great. Also during the holidays each country has (had) something dedicated to teaching how that country celebrates the holidays.
    Passports? Nothing like that when I was there. Kidcots? What are Kidcots? I wouldn't know about holiday time there, as I've never been during the holidays.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    I understand that was your Epcot experience and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just never saw it as boring.
    Had you been there that particular day in March of 1997, you might have thought differently. They had even less to do when my mother went back in 1984 - half the WS pavilions were still unfinished, even though they'd been open for two years! Mexico, for example, had their shops set up on wood boards and cinder blocks! She hated EPCOT.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Animal Kingdom on the other hand---->. But that is another thread
    That didn't even exist the last time I was there!

  13. #13

    • Hello there
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    winter wonderland
    Posts
    3,892
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should there be major E-Ticket attractions in World Showcase?

    Well than you definetly have to give it another shot! A lot has changed since you were last there. We went back in the 80's and yes- I hated it as well. But they have improved it. A lot.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

    ΔΜΧΑ

  14. #14

    • Internet.Serious Business
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities
    Posts
    4,821

    Re: Should there be major E-Ticket attractions in World Showcase?

    It depends on what it is. It always fascinates me and impresses me and pleases me that EPCOT has 0 roller coasters. Aren't they a true staple you ask? Apparently not for EPCOT. And I like that. Unlike DHS, IOA, MK or AK, EPCOT's thrill-based e-tickets always had to be smart & unique...with technology (usually) unfound at many parks.

    If you could continue that, or even make an E-Ticket that wasn't thrill based, I would be all about it. But to add a thrill ride for the sake of adding a thrill ride, no I don't think I could agree with that. I'd rather have a simple ride, or no new ride at all if those were my choices.

  15. #15

    • Progressive Disneylander
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,240

    Re: Should there be major E-Ticket attractions in World Showcase?

    Yes. God yes!!

    Maybe my first impression of the World Showcase when I was 8 back when Epcot just opened has never truly wore off me. Way back when, I found it to be incredibly boring. Today? Well, it's only kinda boring.

    In my ideal Disney world, each country would have a legitimate attraction that prioritizes fun. If for anything else, a reason for some people to actually explore some of the countries that they might not otherwise step foot into.

    But I would concede that I don't want attractions to just make attractions. They should be fairly fitting to each country. I don't think they should build a Wall-E attraction in Canada just because it needs some spicing up.

    But in short, let's get an E-ticket built back there already.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Trip Report] Epcot World Showcase
    By mywdwfriends in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2010, 03:28 PM
  2. It's A "Different" Small World + Rumored Major Attractions + Downtown Disney
    By Ride Warrior in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 129
    Last Post: 02-14-2008, 10:57 PM
  3. Preferred Side of EPCOT - Future World Or World Showcase?
    By Ride Warrior in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 03-06-2006, 07:19 AM
  4. EPCOT's Best World Showcase Attractions / Pavilions: Part 2
    By Ride Warrior in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-02-2006, 09:24 PM
  5. EPCOT's Best World Showcase Attractions / Pavilions - Part 1
    By Ride Warrior in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-27-2006, 10:21 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •