Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Disney/Anime/Furry Fan

Re: Broken Animatronic at Pirates of the Caribbean at WDW

At least Disneyland's POTC is superior over the WDW one. Also, the AAs get more maintained.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

OMG... Sugar! SUGAR SUGAAAAAARRRRR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LangenFox View Post
    At least Disneyland's POTC is superior over the WDW one. Also, the AAs get more maintained.
    I wouldn't say that. I've been on pirates many many times over the past 7 months and I've noticed many AAs removed and put back for maintenance. Sometimes things with many moving parts break. It happens.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Once at the Hall of Presidents, when Washington sat back down his chair fell. He was basically just sitting on air.

Also, during an E-ride night (remember those?) the Brer Rabbit pointing and laughing at Brer Bear being stung by bees was missing his pointing hand. The next morning it was back, but to this day it still looks a little off to me...
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Broken Animatronic at Pirates of the Caribbean

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    hahaha wow. That's uhm...wow. How does that happen???
    If i am correct this specific issue is a hydraulic fluid pressure issue.

While funny, this is bad show. While i am thrilled it was "caught on tape" the bad show should have never happened so it could be caught on tape.

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Sure, it's bad show, but we have no idea if it was left like this for weeks on end or if it just started happening the moment before the OP's boat came by. I have high expectations for my Disney Park experiences, but as complex as these attractions are, not everything can always be 100% perfect. Let's not hang anybody until we find out they left it like this for a long time.
    Last edited by clockworkmonkey; 08-20-2010 at 08:58 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

What would be better, closing the ride, seeing that, or turning this one AA off, leaving him static. I could understand if it went through a few cycles and no one caught it, but if it was the whole day, bad show. He should have been removed of the attraction closed....just like EE with the Yeti.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Looking at it again, it almost looks like he's just shaking with terror. After all, the guy is trapped in a burning prison. Frankly, I think he's starting to make the rest of the guys look like they're not moving enough! Give this guy a raise!

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    If i am correct this specific issue is a hydraulic fluid pressure issue.

While funny, this is bad show. While i am thrilled it was "caught on tape" the bad show should have never happened so it could be caught on tape.
    That figure does not use hydraulic fluid. The figures in the jail scene are entirely pneumatic. That specidic issue is usually caused by wire chafing within the figure that results in crossed electrical signals.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

If it just happened that's fine, it happens but I'd also like to point out that the exit CM can probably see this scene from unload as well.

• Now with 5% more insanity

Egads! He does look like he's having a seizure!

But anyway, does anyone know if this is even still happening? This was last month, if I recall.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Peter11435 View Post
    That figure does not use hydraulic fluid. The figures in the jail scene are entirely pneumatic. That specidic issue is usually caused by wire chafing within the figure that results in crossed electrical signals.
    Thank you for the correction.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter11435 View Post
    This is not true.

Disney AAs only use pneumatic cylinders for digital functions; motions that are either in one position or another. In fact, all of the figures in that scene, dog included, employ hydraulic power for the majority of their functions.

If what you claimed was true, you'd see choppy, unrealistic movements one would expect from a Chuck E Cheese or Showbiz Pizza Place figure. As these entirely pneumatic figures employ flow restrictors and rely on the physical load on the cylinders to slow the transition from off to on and vice-versa. This is an unreliable technique because the balance between these two factors required to reproduce the "performance" correctly is entirely dependent on the available PSI. Which can vary greatly depending on how many figures/functions need to be moving at any particular time.

Based on the uniform nature of the malfunction, I would doubt that it was air bubbles in the hydraulic lines for this particular cylinder or cylinders. This problem would be similarly "violent." But much more random in its apparent pattern. Rather it seems like the controller card(s) (each function has one) was experiencing electric noise or some manner of crosstalk at the card's output lines.
    "The greatest expression of rebellion is joy." - Joss Whedon

• Closed Account

Management refuses to shut down the attractions unless it is something M-A-J-O-R. IE Auctioneeer not working or Leota not working. Other than that, they don't care about the show because having the guests NOT wait and GET ON is more important that whow.

• Cool Yule

Maybe he's busting for a whizz and jigging about to keep it in? After all he's been trapped in there for 30 odd years.

Still not the worst AA malfunction I've seen though - the Dopey on Paris' Snow White's Adventure had a pistion (or some such mechanism) poking through his cheek. It was like cyborg-dwarf.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast