ESPN club on World Series and Monday night football question

I booked a vacation in DisneyWorld at the Dolphin hotel from October 23rd to 25th. The 25th is the Cowboys monday night football game against the Giants. This will be check out day so I can't watch the game from my room. But since the ESPN club is close to the Dolphin the plan was after I have been swiming at the pools at the Dolphin and Swan hotels for hours I will get ready and go over to the ESPN club to watch the monday night game.

But I did not think about how the World Series falls around this time. I believe the ESPN Club did say that they can get every NFL game. If there happens to be a World Series game on the same night as the Cowboys monday night football game how would this work? I guess they would play both the Monday night football game and the World Series. In that case I might need to get there reallly early since there will be people coming to see the World Series and other people coming to see the Monday night football game.

I have a backup plan if I can't get to a place that has the monday night football game on tv and if I can't pick up any radio broadcast of the game on radio on my sony mp3 player. Well I would call Sprint and have it set up so I could either watch the game on my phone or pick up a radio broadcast of the game on my phone.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Re: ESPN club on World Series and Monday night football question

not sure I know that championship games usually trump reg season games byt I'm not how this goes at WDWs ESPN club seeing as Orlando other than the Magic really doesn;t have any proball teams
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

There are several TVs in there (as in any typical sports bar these days). They'll have football on some TVs and baseball on the others. Problem solved.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    There are several TVs in there (as in any typical sports bar these days). They'll have football on some TVs and baseball on the others. Problem solved.
    Ya but still nothing beats having the big game on the BIG screen center...but I like the best part the fact that they have the game on EVERYWHERE in ESPN Zone and I do mean EVERYWHERE
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

Guess that's why I like places like Buffalo Wild Wings, as they have SEVERAL big screens. My local one has 7 or 8 scattered throughout the entire restaurant (including 4 in the bar area)... and they're all in HD.

But... remember not everyone is a football fan and not everyone is a baseball fan. I think the World Series will be a *little* more important than the average weekly football game. Well, depending on who's playing in the WS (more interest when there's teams that normally aren't in it as it's a change of pace). Anyhow, I think a place that's showing both events equally is a better bet, but that's just me.

• DVC owner and loving it !

Call them, ESPN Club-(407) 939-1177. Disney prob has a policy for everything including what will be on. I think they will have both on. I would get there early.

Yes definitely get there early.

• Kay <3 Buzz

I believe 2010 World Series begins on October 27. So...i am thinking ESPN will be showing NFL on that specific night that you are going.

See i am not sure how it is there in Orlando but the ESPN Zone here in Anaheim and Los Angeles have booths and these booths have flat screens and you have control on what you want to watch. So let say ESPN Zone is showing NFL in the big screen i can watch another game from the flat screen in my booth...hope that made sense.

And yes get there early or make a reservation.

Also, just keep in mind that ESPN Zone have a policy of "Due to the excitement and great interest in today’s game, there is a $10 food and beverage minimum, per person, per hour." One again, i am not sure if this is the same as the ESPN Zone in Florida or this is stricly here in California.

Hopefully this helps =)
    There are tons of fish in the sea... you just gotta find your NEMO!