Resort/Boutique Park

Just a thought for Disney World to add an Indoor Snow Park/Resort

It would create a unique experience in Florida

Create a 4.5 gate and half a resort adjacent with its own snow area i.e. Animal Kingdom Lodge Savannah style

A minor issue may be confusion with Blizzard Beach but sure that could be overcome

• and too all a good fright

Re: Resort/Boutique Park

Nice rendering.

I'm not really a fan of adding another gate. Even a half one can spiral out of control (see DHS). However, I think this could be wonderfully adapted to add an arctic animals section to AK.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I think an indoor snow park, would be quite the epic boutique park. Year after year, Gaylord Palms has demonstrated that their ICE show is a big draw... and I think that it is A typical for what you would expect to find here in Orlando... Maybe Disney should just put a dome over Blizzard Beach and make it a water/ski park lol

nice concept art, although I'm not 100% in love with the idea. Maybe with a bit more detailing and design work, but overall not bad.

And sorry for the newb question, but what exactly is a 'boutique' park? I've never heard the term before.

"How do I depreciate this rock?"

You`re talking about something similar to this?

Could be a big draw to the resort but the upkeep costs would be massive. It would at least cost as much as Discovery Cove (Seaworld) for the average guest.

Besides, didn`t Walt have an idea of a ski resort back in the day?

Thank you for the wonderful illustration and idea! I agree that an indoor snow park would be a great addition! A few similar facilities exist in the world, but they do not have the theming this would. Plus, this looks like it could be enjoyed by non-skiers just as much. I would not call it a boutique park or fifth gate, rather it is a separate-fee attraction. It could most obviously be located next to Blizzard Beach for theming; the massive architectural prescence of its structure would probably best be located across the existing parking area so it would not visually compete too much with the excellently conceived and detailed existing attraction.

I'm thinking a Alpine themed hotel attached either Adjacent to Blizzard Beach or not.

Depending on scale of project somewhere between Disney Quest and a theme park.

Probably priced as a water park admission and should increase the average stay on property for guest.

It of course fills a void and doesnt duplicate anything in Orlando

• and too all a good fright

Quote Originally Posted by loveberri87 View Post
    nice concept art, although I'm not 100% in love with the idea. Maybe with a bit more detailing and design work, but overall not bad.

And sorry for the newb question, but what exactly is a 'boutique' park? I've never heard the term before.
    A boutique park generally refers to a park (usually smaller than a traditional park) that allows a limited number of guests through the gates and offers a more personalized or hands on experience. Because of the limited number of guests the park can accommodate, guests often pay a premium price for admittance. Other than Sea Worlds Discovery Cove, I'm not sure of how many boutique parks there actually are.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by flotsam_mike View Post
    A boutique park generally refers to a park (usually smaller than a traditional park) that allows a limited number of guests through the gates and offers a more personalized or hands on experience. Because of the limited number of guests the park can accommodate, guests often pay a premium price for admittance. Other than Sea Worlds Discovery Cove, I'm not sure of how many boutique parks there actually are.
    I was just pondering this exact same thing... exactly how many boutique parks are there in the world...

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    I was just pondering this exact same thing... exactly how many boutique parks are there in the world...

Discovery Cove is the by far the most obvious boutique park

And I guess in some ways the Japanesse Disney Parks have with their reservations created a large boutique park

Less obvious versions would be many of the Water Park Hotels being built, Disney Quest (in some ways), Animal Kingdom Lodge's Savanna

It might be fairer to think of it as a "Frozen Water Park", just as DQ,TL & BB can create an extra day on property this idea would do the same

With out the scope of a full theme park

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Besides, didn`t Walt have an idea of a ski resort back in the day?
    That would have been Mineral King in California. It was a proposal Walt made in the 60's. The original plans had the Country Bears go there. Since the resort never happened, Country Bears were used at WDW instead.

From Wiki:
    Walt Disney had plans for a ski resort in Mineral King for a while, called Walt Disney Ski Resort. During the early to mid 1960s, Disney brought in experts like the renowned Olympic ski coach and ski-area designer Willy Schaeffler, who helped plan a visitor village, ski runs and ski lifts among the several bowls surrounding the valley. Plans finally moved into action in the mid 1960s, but Walt died before the actual work had started. Disney's death and the actions from preservationists made sure the resort was never built.
    And I say NO to this idea. It's neat, but WDW needs to fix what's wrong with the parks they already have before they even start to think about anything new. WDW really doesn't need another park. There's more than enough there now. I've been regularly visiting WDW for over 30 years and I still haven't seen everything.

And though it's just my opinion, I would never visit it because I hate snow. I dealt with Michigan winters for 25 years and I had enough, so I moved to Florida to get away from that cold, white s**t. To me, snow is EVIL and you couldn't pay me enough to within 1000 miles of it. I hate it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I define a boutique park, as a park with very limited capacity, immerse experiences, all inclusive, and something you have to reserve because your experience is personalized to you.