Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Coast Guard Rescue / Soarin'

What about a new SOARIN' ride for Florida, after the initial oohs and ahhs of the California version are gone.... based on the sea rescues of the United States Coast Guard? Something a little bit more exciting than the hang glider show we've got now...

It could be shot during a hurricane or big storm. Possibilities are endless... anyone else like the idea?

• Vehicle rotating backward

Re: Coast Guard Rescue / Soarin'

There's an air force squad who fly planes into hurricanes in order to conduct information about the storm. Something based on that would be neat, I think

• Banned User

No one flies into a hurricane... they fly above them.

• Banned User

but that would be a good shot.. a hurricaine heading for WDW... I mean anywhere but florida... for Soarin... (over USA or Land.. whatever..)

• They wanna know, HO!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    What about a new SOARIN' ride for Florida, after the initial oohs and ahhs of the California version are gone.... based on the sea rescues of the United States Coast Guard? Something a little bit more exciting than the hang glider show we've got now...

It could be shot during a hurricane or big storm. Possibilities are endless... anyone else like the idea?
    Have you seen the theme or intent of Soarin' at The Land? EVER? I mean, I don't get it, they focus on all the earth's biomes and natural beauty, NOT on a single state, NOT on the sea (there is a whole freaking pavilion next door about the Sea!), NOT ANYTHING ELSE.

Sorry if this seems directed at you, I really am, but these pop up every month or so here and a wdwmagic forums......
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    There's an air force squad who fly planes into hurricanes in order to conduct information about the storm. Something based on that would be neat, I think
    There's an attraction kind of like like that at DisneySea in Tokyo called Stormrider.

• Super Old Guy

Quote Originally Posted by testtrack321
    Have you seen the theme or intent of Soarin' at The Land? EVER? I mean, I don't get it, they focus on all the earth's biomes and natural beauty, NOT on a single state.....
    Umm, the focus IS on a single state - California. It doesn't bother me a bit to see this in Florida, as there are some really beautiful areas of California. But to say that it doesn't focus on a single state is just not true.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Yes but with Puddy no longer saying "California" and the queue setting you up for the biomes the ride film works perfectly as "land". The Golden Gate Bridge, San Diego and Disneyland are all that really scream California.

• Super Old Guy

OK, I see where you're going. The perception is that these are just scenes of beautiful areas. I just wanted to make sure you knew that in truth, they're all in California.

The LAST thing I would want to see at WDW would be anything CLOSE to realistic regarding hurricanes headed towards Florida. ESPECIALLY not Coast Guard rescues post hurricane.

• Circle of Ancients

Considering that Soarin' is a "Hang-glider" simulation I don't think we will see anything to do with Hurricanes. I mean, who would want to fly a Hang-glider into a hurricane???

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung
    OK, I see where you're going. The perception is that these are just scenes of beautiful areas. I just wanted to make sure you knew that in truth, they're all in California.
    I have never been to WDW in Flordia, but from what understand it is the same show as in Calif.

there is one spot when you are going up the snow covered mountains and come when you the top and see a foged in Lake Tahoe, some of the mountains are in Nevada.

when you see the ski resort in the distance that part is in California, but just to the left of it is the Nevada state line.

(I live about 1/2 mile from the the bottem of the ski hill in the distance)

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Technicalities

I love Soarin ... at both parks.

But, there's also little doubt that Disney took the cheapest route possible in cloning the attraction. A place like Epcot in a pavillion like the Land speaks for a film that explores the WORLD. Not wonderful, wacky CA.

If Disney had even said we're just showing this version to celebrate DL's 50th and then in 18 months we'll debut a new film, I would have had a far more favorable opinion of having it at Epcot.

Disney theme parks shouldn't be like McDonald's, Gaps or Olive Gardens ... the same everywhere.

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Did someone say GAP... Oh and McDonald's is in Animal Kingdom's Dinoland and DCA has Burger Invasion oh and Frontierland / NOS has the fry carts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast