• formerly very helpful

Re: WDW: Old Photos and Ephemera Thread

Horizons was incredible!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Epcot2000 View Post
    Love this thread! Can't wait for more! I especially like the recent Horizons picture... oh what I would give to have experienced the ride just once. I'm always up for some retro epcot (and wdw) pictures!
    I hope this gets finished, but it seems to be a great way to live (or relive) the attraction:
    Horizons: Resurrected | Rebuilding EPCOT Center's Lost Wonder
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

[QUOTE=RegionsBeyond;1056237978]Here is an assortment for today:

Is this still accurate, that there is a straight shot view of the castle from Tom Sawyer Island? Very odd photo...

I think the shot was taken from the general area where the Splash Mt. flume turnaround is. I have pics from that same area. Sometimes a few of the Country Bears would pose there.
    WDW-'73,'76,'77,'78,'79,'80,'81,'82,'86,'91,'95,'96,'9 7,'99,'00,'01,'02,'03,'05,'06,'07,
    Jan'08,Feb'08,Sept'09,Feb'10,Apr'10,Sept'10,Jan'11 ,Apr'11,May'11,Sept'11,Dec'11,Mar'12,May'12,Sept/Oct'12,Nov'12
    DL-
    '79,'81,'84,'91,'05,'07,'10

Quote Originally Posted by DoppelV View Post
    I think this might actually be the Admiral Joe Fowler. The Richard F. Irvine became the Liberty Belle. The Fowler had two smokestacks, like DL's Mark Twain. The Irvine, and Belle, have only one. So in reality, this is an even more rare and awesome picture!
    It is the Admiral Joe Fowler (RIP). An unfortunate drydock accident (in the early 80's), resulting in a broken hull, sent this ship to Yesterland, although the ships bell is supposedly on the Mark Twain in Tokyo. I remember when the MK needed two steamships on the RoA, because they were so busy. The RoA need more watercraft. Maybe a re-designed Keel Boat that isn't so top heavy.
    WDW-'73,'76,'77,'78,'79,'80,'81,'82,'86,'91,'95,'96,'9 7,'99,'00,'01,'02,'03,'05,'06,'07,
    Jan'08,Feb'08,Sept'09,Feb'10,Apr'10,Sept'10,Jan'11 ,Apr'11,May'11,Sept'11,Dec'11,Mar'12,May'12,Sept/Oct'12,Nov'12
    DL-
    '79,'81,'84,'91,'05,'07,'10

Quote Originally Posted by WorldLover71 View Post
    Thanks for the great pics of that mural. I was going to look for mine but yours are much better. I think this was in the waiting area for The Walt Disney Story film, right? I loved this enough when I went in 1979 as a 7 year old that I had my picture taken in front of it. I see they kept it updated until at least 1986 (The Great Mouse Detective seems to be the most recent addition in your picture.) It's too bad you can't see it any more.

One thing though. Looking at it as an adult, I think a lot of the figures look a bit off. They are kind of flat and a lot of them have the wrong color scheme. It's still great to see all the characters in one place though. Maybe someday they'll update it and fix the color problems and we'll be able to view it again. I won't hold my breath but it would be nice.
    That mural was also on the cover of a "Walt Disney Favorites" record that I owned as a child (late 70's/early 80's..with updates yearly) as well as a two volume storybook of all the animated films. I will try to dig for both of them at my parents house. I agree that it's a beautiful mural, but a bit 'off'. The color scheme is off and some of the characters just don't look 'right'.
    How great would it be for them to re-incorporate this mural into the revised Fantasyland, including current updates? Of course, many of these characters are also miserably underrepresented or non existant as walkaround characters. **subtle hint**

I was in love with this show when I was little, my parents still swear up and down they don't remember this but it was my absolute favorite the first time I went to WDW!

This is the best thread ever!
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Oh yes! The Kitchen Cabaret! I loved it too. Then Food Rocks took over which Soarin took over.

[QUOTE=steve2wdw;1056405006]
    Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Here is an assortment for today:

Is this still accurate, that there is a straight shot view of the castle from Tom Sawyer Island? Very odd photo...

I think the shot was taken from the general area where the Splash Mt. flume turnaround is. I have pics from that same area. Sometimes a few of the Country Bears would pose there.
    Today the kids in this picture would be in a stroller

• Minion

[QUOTE=ti2gr;1056409275]
    Quote Originally Posted by steve2wdw View Post

They are like 10 and 12 really?

• formerly very helpful

Sad to say, but I've seen kids close to those ages in strollers. People get lazy. It's easier to sit down and be pushed. It's easier to keep track of your kids and get through the park with them strapped down.

And people wonder why there is such a problem with childhood obesity!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

[QUOTE=ti2gr;1056409275]
    Quote Originally Posted by steve2wdw View Post

[QUOTE=mickdaddy;1056410799]
    Quote Originally Posted by ti2gr View Post

They are like 10 and 12 really?
    Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Sad to say, but I've seen kids close to those ages in strollers. People get lazy. It's easier to sit down and be pushed. It's easier to keep track of your kids and get through the park with them strapped down.

And people wonder why there is such a problem with childhood obesity!
    Yup. I've seen kids between 8-10 or even a little older in those rented Disney strollers. Every time I see one I just stare and think, "Seriously?!" Further proof the human race is de-evolving. It's sickening. My parents hardly ever used a stroller with me when I was a toddler. They taught me to appreciate and LIKE walking. We used to go for family walks all the time in the neighborhood, so walking through theme parks was a piece of cake.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Time for a little update:

Boat ride inside Future World's "The Land". I haven't been to WDW in 4 years or so..is this still around?

Disneyana store inside the Magic Kingdom

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

My apologies for letting this thread rather fall by the wayside. I will be posting 'new' Disney World content and paper goods/ephemera and photos (alongside Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, and other points of interest) material in blog format here: Disneyland Ephemera and Oddities

Do hope you shall stop by and take a look, and hope the blog is enjoyed!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Time for a little update:

Boat ride inside Future World's "The Land". I haven't been to WDW in 4 years or so..is this still around?
    Living With the Land is indeed still around, but it's gone through a few changes, mainly being there's not a live CM spieling in the boats anymore. There's a pre-recorded spiel that plays over the boat's speakers. Still a nice little ride that's really underrated.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Hello, thread. I haven't been in here in four months, heh. Sorry. Have some things!

The creepiest Dapper Dans ever.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast