Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Most Underrated attractions at WDW

Alright after so many post about worst attractions and almost as many tangents.

How about the most underated attractions at WDW and reasons for nomination

Epcot:
    Living with the Land
    Great and detailed theming including temperature changes plus the backstage view of farming never had anyone ride it with me not talk about or an extended period of time, unfortunatly hardly ever a line, for arguable Epcot's purest ride to original concept

Character Spot
    Wait the same time for most character MG's and get mutiple MG's, great time saver with kids plus AC

Magic Kingdom:
    People Mover
    Never a line and great relaxation and kinda of a sample platter for Tommorrow Land

Animal Kingdom:
    Tough to be a Bug hard park to pick since few attractions and most are either panned or praised

Considering its meager start as an after thought to the park it holds up well and compares favorable to other 3D shows at other parks

Hollywood Studios:
    Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground

Shows you what Pooh's Spot at MK should have been

• TTA Metroliner Passenger

Re: Most Underrated attractions at WDW

Nice list. For me:

MK
    Mickey's PhilarMagic. I never read too much about it online, but it's a great show. PeopleMover is up there too, but I think it's the most overrated underrated attraction. We always love the Carousel of Progress, too.

EPCOT
    Another vote for Living with the Land, ditto for Ellen's Energy Adventure. It may be dated, but it's a great show.

DHS
    Great Movie Ride- I don't know how many Guests pass it up because the hat is blocking it, but it's a great attraction, still. I love the concept of travelling through the movies.

We actually did a show on this back on Episode #025. Some of my choices:

Magic Kingdom: Monster's Inc Laugh Floor

Epcot: Shows/Entertainment in World Showcase, Dragon Legend Acrobats, Off Kilter, O Canada

Hollywood Studios: I guess American Idol Experience

Animal Kingdom: Flights of Wonder, this is a fantastic show. I like this show more than Finding Nemo The Musical
    Co-Host of the WDW Fan Boys Podcast

•   
    • Seasick

Magic Kingdom:
    The People Mover. It doesn't draw a crowd like flashier & faster attractions do, but I love it. It's lengthy, it's never busy, and the nostalgia factor can't be beat. When comparing the MK to DL, the continued existence of this attraction at the former is one of the few times it comes out ahead.

Animal Kingdom:
    Flights of Wonder. You might not think a small show about birds would be that exciting, when there are safaris to experience and a coaster through Everest, but this is a great little show.

Epcot:
    Journey Into Your Imagination. Frequently cited as the worst of Epcot, but I really like it. A somewhat old school dark ride, which is becoming rarer and rarer at the Epcot of today.

Disney Studios:
    I don't think it tends to be unpopular per se, but I'll go with The Great Movie Ride. Doesn't have the draw of its flashier, newer siblings like Tower of Terror, but like Figment's much maligned attraction, it's a rare example of old-school Disney.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Magic Kingdom
    Phiharmagic- It emotionally moves me, and surprises you technically

Epcot
    Journey Into your Imagination with Figment- sure it is all lame, but when you get to the 'end' of the tour and you are blasted with air, and the song starts you can't help but sing along and get a bit giddy

Disney Hollywood Studios
    The Great Movie Ride- I can pretty much recite the script by heart

Disney's Animal Kingdom
    Maharaja Jungle Trek- Great theming, great animal areas, allows you moments of peace. Also if you can find it there is a panic button for if a tiger gets out... push it and win a prize... jk don't push it, guys with guns will come running out.

• Banned User

I would love to see the guys and their big guns.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I would love to see the guys and their big guns.
    Well TDLFAN we should go and cause a ruckus then. lol

Most underated attractions:

Magic Kingdom
    TTA Peoplemover, great relaxing ride, virtually no wait time
    Carousel of Progress, love this attraction, just needs a lot of TLC
    Stitch's Great Escape, too may people compare this to Alien Encounter, which was better, but alien Encounter never been there I think this attraction would be far better loved than it is.

EPCOT
    Living with the Land Nice relaxing ride and informative on how we can grow sustainable food in a non traditional way
    Impressions de France Although the film is dated, it is still beautiful and the sooundtrack is great
    American Adventure A great technological masterpiece and the ending music always brings a tear to my eyes.

Hollywood Studios
    Great Movie Ride, just needs a few new segments.

Animal Kingdom
    Maharaja Jungle Trek. First and foremost to me Animal Kingdom is ZOO with a few rides thrown in. The animals are the main attraction to me more than the Disney attractions.

• Progressive Disneylander

MK: People Mover. I can easily do this one twice a visit (once in the day and once at night). It's relaxing and fun. I love the look of MK's Tomorrowland and it gives you a great view of it all.

Epcot: Horizons. Oops. Well, how about Spaceship Earth. I know the big ball is the icon of the park, but the ride itself is significantly less notorious than its famous exterior. It used to bore me as a kid, but I think it's quite interesting now as an adult.

DHS: Slim pickings here, but I'll go with The Great Movie Ride. The parts that are good make it worth it -- mainly Oz and Alien. This attraction has so much potential if they would only spend some money and update it. Still an enjoyable tour, though.

AK: Tough To Be A Bug. This is the one 3D attraction that I don't grow tired of with frequent viewings. There's a lot of fun packed into that 10-minutes or so.

Flights Of Wonder

It`s actually quite entertaining even though the message is kinda forced. I learned about many different birds I never knew existed when I watched it. It should gain more recognition around here.

To the two people that said Maharajah Jungle Trek, do you like that better than Pangani Forest? To me, the Maharajah Jungle Trek is substantially weaker than the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail.

I can easily spend 30-45 minutes in both, but the Maharajah Jungle Trek is in need of another "major" animal. Now that the Tapir has unfortunately passed away, they need to find a better usage of that space.
    Co-Host of the WDW Fan Boys Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by RSoxNo1 View Post
    To the two people that said Maharajah Jungle Trek, do you like that better than Pangani Forest? To me, the Maharajah Jungle Trek is substantially weaker than the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail.

I can easily spend 30-45 minutes in both, but the Maharajah Jungle Trek is in need of another "major" animal. Now that the Tapir has unfortunately passed away, they need to find a better usage of that space.
    There`s some beautiful architecture found in MJT, but yes, it could use some new animals.

And has the Tapir passed away?

Quote Originally Posted by ti2gr View Post
    Stitch's Great Escape, too may people compare this to Alien Encounter, which was better, but alien Encounter never been there I think this attraction would be far better loved than it is.
    Hmm....no, was never too impressed with Alien Encounter either, but I didn't HATE IT like I hate the Stitch attraction...I can't imagine it being "loved"

Anyhoo, toss my hat in the ring for people mover, though it's not really underrated, is it? Everyone seems to love it

Philarmagic, absolutely, whatever mistakes they've made over the years, this is something they got right. Great music, great pacing, great effects that aren't too scary or annoying...it's endearing, love it!

Spaceship Earth, heck yeah! I guess a lot of people don't like the refurb, but we love it! Interesting, entertaining, fun, we like making the little story at the end... we (me, the hubby, and the kids) think it's much better than it was, and we really enjoy it

For AK, I'm going with Kali River Rapids. It seems so "meh", but my kids love it, and want to go on it over and over. That's what it's all about, right?

Hollywood Studios...

(thinking)...

OK, here goes....Fantasmic!

Yes, I know it stinks compared to Disneyland's. But it's still a really, really cool and unique show. I love the stadium seating, buying goodies, eats, and beer before the show, I love doing the wave (dork), and the finale (with the swelling music as Fantasia Mickey is on top of the mountain) gets me every time. There, I said it, I am a closet WDW Fantasmic lover! (Though please replace the Pocahantas sequence and de-cheese the steamboat. Thanks)

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Magic Kingdom:
    The TTA!

Epcot:
    Spaceship Earth (kinda)
    Living with the Land

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by RSoxNo1 View Post

For me personally it comes my crazy strong desire to go to Cambodia and explore the Angkor Wat Ruins. To me I feel for a moment like I am in the Jungles of Cambodia exploring ancient ruins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast