Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Matterhorn for Magic Kingdom?? I say yes!

Found this interesting article on a blog today that a Matterhorn concept was given for Magic Kingdom.

Matterhorn for Magic KingdomFantasyland - Blog - Imagineering Disney

I think this would be an excellent idea, an updated version of the ride would fit in nicely with Fantasyland and give us another E Ticket at the MK.

I loved this response to the article though, I agree with all of it.

"It's really a no brainer. This is the best bang for your buck, Imagineering, so pay attention to Uncle Hoot.

The best way to expand our Fantasyland would go like this: (west to east)

1. Pinocchio dark ride as close as possible to the village house. East coast needs this ride. Tooling exists. Build it.

2. Next, across from pooh, a brand new Mr Toad's Wild Ride. Hype it to the locals because we miss Toad.

3. Alice in Wonderland right next to the tea cups. Tooling exists. Again East coast needs this ride.

4. BEHIND (North) this row of three new rides and shops, an Alpine Village (goodbye Toon Town) and the mighty Matterhorn. A big fat "E" ticket which was planned for our park originally in that very location. Dick Nunis was quoted as saying that even the WDW Railroad would pass through it via Ice Cave.

5. Go ahead with Mermaid. It will still fit nicely up there.

That's five new rides, three dark rides and two "E" tickets. I'm willing to bet it would all cost less than Harry Potter-land.

FREE IDEA! TAKE IT!"

They won't do it and I know that. It makes too much sense.

• Banned User

Re: Matterhorn for Magic Kingdom?? I say yes!

Summer.. you should know that the Matterhorn was also announced as a possible new attraction for TDL back in the mid 80s during the 5th anniversary celebration, and appeared in the press kit as well and a "coming soon" attraction.. but never did happen.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

^Oh I'm not saying it will happen, I'm just hoping that they eventually will do it. I just figured we could discuss the possibility of having it and how we could improve on FL as a whole, with or without the new incarnation.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Oh I deff file in my pile of Disney wishes. Summer let us come up with lots of money so that we can sponsor this attraction.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    Oh I deff file in my pile of Disney wishes. Summer let us come up with lots of money so that we can sponsor this attraction.
    I think it would be awesome to have a fan funded sponsorship, I'll bet people would pay if it helps improve the attractions that are there. Like a car wash for a band trip but instead of going to Washington D.C., we are paying for a remodel of Journey Into Imagination. :P

• Banned User

Yes.. my opinion on this is... NO, let's not have a matterhorn at the MK. Or anywhere else. Simply because those unique experiences is what make DL park so special... so NO. Keep this ride unique to CA.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Yes.. my opinion on this is... NO, let's not have a matterhorn at the MK. Or anywhere else. Simply because those unique experiences is what make DL park so special... so NO. Keep this ride unique to CA.
    Ok what about a mountain, but it is in SPACE!

• Minion

Nope, i'd love a reason to go back to Disneyland and the Matterhorn is that reason oh and Alice and Toad...

I would love to be able to ride the Matterhorn without having to go to California but I don't think this is possible - not now that they've started reworking Fantasyland - I'm trying to imagine where they'd put it. It seems like there is a chunk of space to the left of It's a Small World - where the old Skyway tower now stands - what's behind there - I know eventually you get to the Haunted Mansion. BTW- there already IS an updated version of the Matterhorn at the World - it's called Expedition Everest.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by celticdar View Post
    I would love to be able to ride the Matterhorn without having to go to California but I don't think this is possible - not now that they've started reworking Fantasyland - I'm trying to imagine where they'd put it. It seems like there is a chunk of space to the left of It's a Small World - where the old Skyway tower now stands - what's behind there - I know eventually you get to the Haunted Mansion. BTW- there already IS an updated version of the Matterhorn at the World - it's called Expedition Everest.
    People say this, but the Abominable snowman, and the Yeti are different. It would be fun, if they were either friends or nemeses, then there could be a disney cartoon series about the dueling mountains, and their relationship.

Team Yeti or Team Abominable?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

not to mention using a 90 degree lift hill these days would make for some pretty cool mountain experiences.

• Bangarang!

The Matterhorn is one of those attractions that should stay unique to Disneyland.

However credit to them, that is one solid idea to have it exported East. It takes the original attraction and plusses it a little. Makes it hard for me to say no!

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    People say this, but the Abominable snowman, and the Yeti are different. It would be fun, if they were either friends or nemeses, then there could be a disney cartoon series about the dueling mountains, and their relationship.

Team Yeti or Team Abominable?
    More appropriate would be Team Harold or Team Disco.

So sick of hearing about a Matterhorn in WDW...

It's a lame idea and will NEVER happen.

New attractions are needed, not the flippin' Matterhorn.

• Metro-Retro Historian

I believe the original designers of Florida's Magic Kingdom fully intended for a Matterhorn to be built on the border between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. This is why there is a direct path to this location from the hub. I like the tea cups as much as the next guy, but it's not exactly a weenie.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast