View Poll Results: What should be done about the "Walk Around the World" bricks??

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep and maintain properly for sentimental reasons.

4 22.22%
  • Rip out and repaved with new decorative bricks.

6 33.33%
  • Disney should finish the "Walk Around" the Seven Seas Lagoon

8 44.44%
  • Leave as is, even if we can't read the names on them due to tear and wear.

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Walk Around the World bricks..

Hey all,
    I was at the Mk recently and I was noticing that some of the bricks around the MK's main entrance have become quite worn out and difficult to read the names on them. I have two bricks on the walkways.. the one next to Michael Eisner (don't ask how I was given the honor) and another one in the TTC area. The MK entrance is a very heavy traffic area and these poor bricks have recieved a beating...and for the looks of it, little maintenance.
    With the "Walk Around the World" project now history.. I was wondering what you think management at WDW should do about these? So I have posted a poll and given some options. I am interested in what your might think should be done... Thanks for participating.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Walk Around the World bricks..

I have a brick over in front of the TTC, so I think the bricks that are there and need some TLC should be cleaned up. Last time I saw my brick, there was a big wad of dried, old gum on it, so I went and got a razor blade and scraped it off and got my brick all pretty again.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Personally I would like to rip out the Leave a Legacy grave yard.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

personally I think the bricks should just be cleaned up and replaced if necessary, my brick's in the walkway for the monorail on the resorts side,last time I saw my brick you could barely read the names
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    oh Gosh, I do agree with that!!!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Give me some of that action! That would be one of the best days EVER at EPCOT.

Question Re: Walk Around the World bricks..

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Give me some of that action! That would be one of the best days EVER at EPCOT.
    yikes - is that still there?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I have one by the TTC too. I would hate for it to be ripped out, but it was only guaranteed for 10 years.

If they are torn out, it would be nice to ask the owners to keep them. However, if that is not possible, keeping them would be nice, if they were maintained a little better.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

oh god yes, and take off the graveyard matching overlays on SSE's supporting pillars
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    I have one by the TTC too. I would hate for it to be ripped out, but it was only guaranteed for 10 years.

If they are torn out, it would be nice to ask the owners to keep them. However, if that is not possible, keeping them would be nice, if they were maintained a little better.
    I would like that as well...if it came to that. As for the bricks iin the TTC.. I think those are still in pretty decent condition. As an added comment.. I also have a brick at DLP's entrance. Considering the horrible maintenance conditions of that park, the french have actually done a pretty decent job maintaining their bricks, and I enjoy visiting mine everytime I go to DLP.
    Over in TDL.. they offered the bricks during the 15th anniversary (if I recall?) but guests were told they would be there only 5 yrs. they placed them in the park's main entrance picnic area, and they were of very nice polished quality. I did not buy one because I knew they were going to be ripped out... and they did.. 5 yrs later. On schedule.

• and too all a good fright

As long as Disney has fulfilled their promised time limit, rip it out and take leave a legacy with it. Its a nice idea, but the time has past. I think it is more disrespectful to the people who bought bricks to let them look bad than to pull them out.

• Minion

People paid for them for a specific amount of time they should be kept up to the standard at which they were put in for that time period!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Leave a Legacy can be removed, that's for sure. I've always believed in the power of the cobblestone walkways--clean them up and start selling some more. It's actually a cool idea as a source of income and I never had a problem with it. I wish you could say more. Like give reasons for the purchase and such. Alas, the park is too big to maintain at a level to keep this interesting, so I doubt anything would ever happen. But, yeah, sure.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Disney Memory Maker

Ummm... unless they're planning a complete redesign, leave them in. I would love to see them finish it, but I would also be okay if they did not re-open it for new bricks.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Metro-Retro Historian

I always liked this idea. It was tastefully done and unobtrusive (unlike Leave a legacy.) It was a little upsetting to hear that they never made it all the way around the lagoon and it would be nice to see them complete it, as long as they don't have booths trying to sell these things every 10 feet like the horrible DVC ones.

I never got one of these bricks, so I don't know what sort of time limit they were guaranteed for. If they are past their expiration they don't need to be maintained (though it would be nice), there is also no reason to waste the money to tear them out. If they are still valid, they deserve to be maintained. It's what the folks paid for.

On the other version of this project, I propose a special event called "Destroy a Legacy" where guests may purchase a special ticket that provides them with early admission to Epcot, their choice of pickaxe or sledgehammer, an the cathartic experience of personally helping to tear down this eyesore.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast