• Too far from Disney World

Annual Pass for non-Florida resident?

Well, I just arrived back from a trip to WDW and am now interested in wanting to purchase an annual pass. Problem is I live in Ohio. Is it still possible to purchase an annual pass? I'm thinking of going for a few weekend trips throughout the next year as well as taking my parents next August.

Now, if I can purchase the annual pass can I still do the dining plan with just a room reservation?

Any info is greatly apperciated!
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: Annual Pass for non-Florida resident?

Yes to the AP. Anyone can buy an annual pass, but it will be more expensive because you are not a Florida Resident. I can't answer your question about the dining though, I just don't know how that works. Sorry.
    -Bill

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Ok because I just covered the Dining plan over the phone with DVC rep, yes as long as you stay on property you can utilize the dining plan...even if your an AP holder
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ORD84 View Post
    Ok because I just covered the Dining plan over the phone with DVC rep, yes as long as you stay on property you can utilize the dining plan...even if your an AP holder
    However, you usually have to pay for the dining plan, because that is only for package deals when it's free. Room only reservations don't include it.

As a New Yorker with an AP, I say it's well worth it!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

I live in NYC and I just bought an annual pass. If you go twice to Disney in a year it will pay for itself. I've already done that. I went twice in September, lol. You never have to think about how many days you will be there, which parks you will be going to and how much it will cost. It's all in the annual pass.

Next year I will add the water parks onto my annual pass. I didn't think I would go each visit but I did. I really love Typhoon Lagoon. Last trip I went to Blizzard Beach and really loved that park too. I plan to add in a water park each upcoming visit.

You also get the perks of discounts at certain restaurants, shops and activities like Sammy Duvall water sports and Disney Park tours. So to me that makes it worth it.

I could have gotten discounts at Kouzzina, Yak and Yeti and on some merchandise I bought at Expedition Everest. I completely forgot to check about annual pass discounts and found out when I got home I could have gotten discounts at these locations. So always ask wherever you go in Disney World or check in the pass booklet to see about discounts.

Overall I recommend getting the pass if you plan on going twice or more. You could always then keep an eye out for cheap flights and hotel deals and make an impromptu trip too!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Besides having to pay a higher price, as a non-Florida resident you will not have the option of financing your purchase through Disney. If you are not too far from a Disney Store, you should be able to buy an Annual Pass voucher. If you can, I would recommend making the purchase now if you know you will use the pass, as your year does not start until you use the pass.