Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Nutty about Disney parks

LMA nitpick: Does the setting bother you?

Am I the only one who was surprised that when they brought Lights! Motors! Action! to DHS that they kept the original Parisian market setting? Wouldnt have it made better sense to Americanize the sets and scenery considering that the show is located in Streets of America?

• and too all a good fright

Re: LMA nitpick: Does the setting bother you?

I get the nitpicking, but for me the setting of the show isn't France, it's a movie set. The placement In the streets of America works, because you aren't in the streets of actual America, you are on a movie set.

no it did not bother me
    I am traveling now.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I am of the camp... it is a movie set, on a back lot, so it could be anywhere in the world

agreed...it's a movie set and therefore can be anywhere in the world...even though they use Opels
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

I find the setting charming. And it's a great homage to the origination of the attraction.

• Disney Memory Maker

The theme of Streets of America isn't New York or California... just like with LMA it is supposed to be a movie set. And this is a movie that happens to take place in France. And I don't know about you.. but a chase scene held in NYC would be the lamest chase ever.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Am I the only one who was surprised that when they brought Lights! Motors! Action! to DHS that they kept the original Parisian market setting? Wouldnt have it made better sense to Americanize the sets and scenery considering that the show is located in Streets of America?
    I completely agree with you. I've always thought it was stupid. It's obvious that they copied the design from DLRP because its cheap and easy.

• Senior Minion

I love the show the way it is.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Banned User

The show was intended to be a recreation of the one in Paris.. and was marketed as such. As you may recall.. during the "Biggest celebration on Earth", WDW was given attractions from each international park. The auto show represented Paris' contribution. Likewise I would say that Tokyo got the shaft because the MK borrowed the idea of one of TDL's most lavish shows and turned it into a cheap minimal and laughable production for the MK. So why Paris was represented in all it's glory, Tokyo got screwed because WDW would never spend that much money on huge spectacular shows like they do in TDR.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I thought it was set in Italy??

• All-American

Heh, I always thought that the French signage always added an old world, Monaco Grand Prix-type feel to the show, that kind of makes it more cool and sophisticated. Plus it's nice to know what the attraction is like in its home in Paris.

• Not a Crook

I think the set looks rather nice and has a classic feel. My only complaints are more with how it negatively effected the tram tour, but I can't hold a longstanding problem to which it only contributed against it.

New York chase scenes are usually either set at night, when traffic is lighter, or they tend to look kind of ridiculous. Special exception made for Die Hard with a Vengeance, which made navigating the horrible traffic in unique ways an entertaining moment.
    "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    The show was intended to be a recreation of the one in Paris.. and was marketed as such. As you may recall.. during the "Biggest celebration on Earth", WDW was given attractions from each international park. The auto show represented Paris' contribution. Likewise I would say that Tokyo got the shaft because the MK borrowed the idea of one of TDL's most lavish shows and turned it into a cheap minimal and laughable production for the MK. So why Paris was represented in all it's glory, Tokyo got screwed because WDW would never spend that much money on huge spectacular shows like they do in TDR.
    Tell me more please, what is the show in TDL and what is the cheap version at MK?

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by lily23 View Post
    Tell me more please, what is the show in TDL and what is the cheap version at MK?
    I believe he is referring to Cinderellabration... or maybe Cinderellas surprise celebration... I forget which Tokyo had
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast