View Poll Results: What would you retire permanantly at WDW??

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Auto Speedway at the MK parking lot.

    7 9.09%
  • Under new management Tiky Birds show.

    20 25.97%
  • Stitch's Great Escape.

    41 53.25%
  • Mission: Space.

    4 5.19%
  • DTD's West Side.

    3 3.90%
  • Any of the value resort hotel.

    2 2.60%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 86
  1. #46

    • It's Human Nature
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    34

    Re: What would you take out of WDW??

    Stitch's Great Escape. It's so discouraging in every sense of the word.
    I've got myself a notion, one I know that you'll understand, to set the world in motion by reaching out for each other's hands.

  2. #47

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    700

    Re: What would you take out of WDW??

    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie313 View Post
    I thought they put that story thing back in?
    Did they? Whatever it is, all I know is you can't walk through the castle, and I think that stinks.

  3. #48

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Somewhere yet to be discovered
    Posts
    205

    Re: What would you take out of WDW??

    theres so much stuff they should close, I don't know where to begin, I know;
    -the hat
    -Stitch
    -all the spinners except Dumbo and Astro
    -Dare I say it, but I think most of dinoland should be given the boot

  4. #49

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lake Buena Vista Florida
    Posts
    685

    Re: What would you take out of WDW??

    I don't understand what everyone seems to hate about Stitch's Great Escape. It fits perfectly with his theme, after all he did escape in the movie to land in Hawaii. The problem I see is that too many people are comparing it to what was there before stitch, Alien Encounter. If Alien Encounter wasn't there then I think peoples take on the current Stitch's Great Escape would be entirely different.

    Stitch is basically the same attraction with the exception of the Alien figure being replaced with Stitch and some newer effects like the chili dog smells. Alien Encounter was a fantastic attraction, and I think people are just too stubborn to let go. I was sad to see ot goas well, but Stitch is a Disney Character and the escape theme fits in to what happened in the original movie. Quit comparing it to what was there and enjoy the attraction.

  5. #50

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake
    Posts
    1,962

    Re: What would you take out of WDW??

    Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Stitch's Great Escape and Tiki Room Under New Management. One lowers your IQ and the other ticks you off so much you get up and walk out.
    The original of both attractions were so good! This is the very example of killing a great original concept by adding characters to it! I am not opposed to character updates if it brings something to the attraction! These were fails!

  6. #51

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bottom of the ocean
    Posts
    960

    Re: What would you take out of WDW??

    I love Stitch, so I can't vote for it, but I do agree that the ride was poorly done. It was nearly the same as Alien Encounter with the exception of a near AA replacing the old one. I went to MK for the first time in August 04 so I never got the chance to ride either one then. I've always been a Stitch fan, so I was greatly disappointed when I left the attraction. I think a coaster would fit Stitch so much better than an AA show. Although I did love that chili dog smell!

  7. #52

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: What would you take out of WDW??

    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    I love Stitch, so I can't vote for it, but I do agree that the ride was poorly done.
    Why do you people continue to call theater shows a 'ride'? As far as I know, they are two different things.

  8. #53

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    700

    Re: What would you take out of WDW??

    Quote Originally Posted by ti2gr View Post
    I don't understand what everyone seems to hate about Stitch's Great Escape. It fits perfectly with his theme, after all he did escape in the movie to land in Hawaii. The problem I see is that too many people are comparing it to what was there before stitch, Alien Encounter. If Alien Encounter wasn't there then I think peoples take on the current Stitch's Great Escape would be entirely different.

    Stitch is basically the same attraction with the exception of the Alien figure being replaced with Stitch and some newer effects like the chili dog smells. Alien Encounter was a fantastic attraction, and I think people are just too stubborn to let go. I was sad to see ot goas well, but Stitch is a Disney Character and the escape theme fits in to what happened in the original movie. Quit comparing it to what was there and enjoy the attraction.
    You couldn't be more wrong, as far as I'm concerned. Alien Encounter was decent, but I'm not crying for it. My kids don't even remember AE, and they hate Stitch too. Why? Because it's an unpleasant, torturous experience, plain and simple. It doesn't matter what I do or don't compare it to. I can't "enjoy the attraction" because it's painful.

  9. #54

    • X-S TECH Demonstrator
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    6,315

    Re: What would you take out of WDW??

    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie313 View Post
    We already have an Innoventions. Build yourself an Horizons or something.
    I know. I said you could keep yours. We don't want a copy of Innoventions. Yours is way better than ours.



    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

  10. #55

    • Metro-Retro Historian
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brava Centauri
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: What would you take out of WDW??

    Quote Originally Posted by ti2gr View Post
    I don't understand what everyone seems to hate about Stitch's Great Escape. It fits perfectly with his theme, after all he did escape in the movie to land in Hawaii. The problem I see is that too many people are comparing it to what was there before stitch, Alien Encounter. If Alien Encounter wasn't there then I think peoples take on the current Stitch's Great Escape would be entirely different.

    Stitch is basically the same attraction with the exception of the Alien figure being replaced with Stitch and some newer effects like the chili dog smells. Alien Encounter was a fantastic attraction, and I think people are just too stubborn to let go. I was sad to see ot goas well, but Stitch is a Disney Character and the escape theme fits in to what happened in the original movie. Quit comparing it to what was there and enjoy the attraction.
    Maybe I can explain. Stitch's Great Escape may fit in with the story of Stitch, but it is arguable that it fits into the theme of Tomorrowland. Sure he's an alien but the movie definitely takes place in the present and not the future. Sure you could say that aliens are inherently futuristic and fit into the sci-fi theme that tomorrowland has developed. However, by that logic, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls would fit into Tomorrowland because it too has aliens. Sure it's not as blatantly off theme as Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, but it's no better than Buzz Lightyear.

    The problem Alien Encounter ran into was that it was scary. This was good for people who went on it to be scared, but bad for people who didn't pay attention to the warnings and brought their kids on the ride. Stitch tried to be a kid friendly version of the same attraction. The problem it faces is that small children still don't like loud noises in the dark, and adults usually don't enjoy people burping in their faces. While they may be similar in design, their executions are very different. While Alien Encounter had a decent script and a story that actually goes somewhere, Stitch is pretty flat.

    Everyone can't hate the Stitch show because it's worse than its predecessor. I was never a huge fan of Alien Encounter, though admittedly it was better than Mission to Mars (which Stitch is not). There's also probably a good number of people who never went on Alien Encounter that still hate the Stitch show. It isn't because it's not as good as all the things that have existed in that location before it, it is just a bad show. It doesn't draw the audience it, doesn't make them experience anything other than three minutes of torture. It has no real plot and doesn't build to any sort of climax. It's almost as if the show's script was written by some rookie imagineer who borrowed the dvd from the Disney Library and hammered out the script over 20 minutes at lunch. Probably while eating a chili dog.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

  11. #56

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Now a WDW Local!
    Posts
    20,520
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: What would you take out of WDW??

    As much as I hate that new Tiki Room, Stitch has got to go!!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...





  12. #57

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    700

    Re: What would you take out of WDW??

    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Maybe I can explain. Stitch's Great Escape may fit in with the story of Stitch, but it is arguable that it fits into the theme of Tomorrowland. Sure he's an alien but the movie definitely takes place in the present and not the future. Sure you could say that aliens are inherently futuristic and fit into the sci-fi theme that tomorrowland has developed. However, by that logic, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls would fit into Tomorrowland because it too has aliens. Sure it's not as blatantly off theme as Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, but it's no better than Buzz Lightyear.

    The problem Alien Encounter ran into was that it was scary. This was good for people who went on it to be scared, but bad for people who didn't pay attention to the warnings and brought their kids on the ride. Stitch tried to be a kid friendly version of the same attraction. The problem it faces is that small children still don't like loud noises in the dark, and adults usually don't enjoy people burping in their faces. While they may be similar in design, their executions are very different. While Alien Encounter had a decent script and a story that actually goes somewhere, Stitch is pretty flat.

    Everyone can't hate the Stitch show because it's worse than its predecessor. I was never a huge fan of Alien Encounter, though admittedly it was better than Mission to Mars (which Stitch is not). There's also probably a good number of people who never went on Alien Encounter that still hate the Stitch show. It isn't because it's not as good as all the things that have existed in that location before it, it is just a bad show. It doesn't draw the audience it, doesn't make them experience anything other than three minutes of torture. It has no real plot and doesn't build to any sort of climax. It's almost as if the show's script was written by some rookie imagineer who borrowed the dvd from the Disney Library and hammered out the script over 20 minutes at lunch. Probably while eating a chili dog.
    Some gifted writers on this forum who explain thing a million times better than me. I agree with every word here

  13. #58

    • Nutty about Disney parks
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,849

    Re: What would you take out of WDW??

    Interesting poll and choices. I guess those choices in the poll would be your pick huh TDLFAN?

    Remove:
    • MILF
    • Stitch's Great Escape
    • The Hat
    • Sounds Dangerous
    • Studio Tour
    • Triceratops Spinner (tacky...tacky...tacky!)
    Refurb/Replace:
    • Tiki Room (to classic version)
    • Toontown (either get rid of the fair or get rid of it all together)
    • Fantasyland medieval fair facades
    • Peter Pan's Flight (with the better DL version)
    • Outpost (get a real new country pavilion in there),
    • Living Seas (the Nemo ride is okay but it needs to feel more immersive like I really am underwater, and more real aquarium to this ride)
    • MuppetVision
    • Beauty and the Beast stage show (horrid costumes, horrid sets, and horrid SE, upgrade them or get rid of the show, it's way past done its time)
    • The Little Mermaid stage show (needs more wow, I hate how the climax of the movie is just a fastforwarding of the film on a giant movie screen)
    • Mexican boat ride (bring back El Rio de Tiempo)
    • Spaceship Earth (bring back the Jeremy Irons version and get rid of the stupid interactive finale)
    • Fantasmic! (shorten or get rid of the Pocahontas segment and bring on Murphy the dragon!)
    • Ellen's Energy Adventure (way too long for what it is, please shorten the movie aspects)
    • Circle of Life
    STOP:
    • the proposed Dumbo land planned to replace Toontown (hate the idea)
    Regarding Dinoland USA:
    I say get rid of or retheme everything except for Primeval Whirl and Dinosaur the ride.

    Regarding Rafiki's Planet Watch:
    I haveta agree that it is indeed ridiculous as far as getting there and what it has to offer. I think the area would be a great place for an upscale restaraunt, like a Club 33 type place that only guests who can afford it can dine and get some great views of the area.

    Regarding the hotels:
    I dont mind the Downtown Disney hotels area having hotels not associated with Disney. However I think that the Golden Oaks is a really bad business decision by Disney that is 95% sure to bust. Why would they invest in building a high scale neighborhood within the resort that would cost a crazy amount to live in and at the same time build massive multitude of timeshares that would serve the same purpose for a lower price? It doesnt make sense to me. This along with other nonDisney resort hotels in the area should go.

    However I do kinda like the WDW Dolphin and Swan. They seriously need to be upgraded and be rethemed to like an Altantis type setting with colored neon lighting. That would be cool.

    Regarding Values Resorts:
    Tear down and redo POP so it can complement the new Art of Animation Resort that is being built...turn POP into an additional sector of Animation and make it all meet with AAA 3 diamond requirements. Dub this a new class of resorts called "Value Plus".

    Then what you would do is keep the All Star Value Resorts as they are and get rid of the family suites so that the All Stars area can remain a dumping ground for kid groups like Pop Warner. Lower the price of a room here to motel levels and cut back on benefits for staying here like EMH...

    ...or otherwise just tear it down.

    btw: I too miss being able to walk through Cinderella's Castle

  14. #59

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    87

    Re: What would you take out of WDW??

    I'm not sure why everyone hates Stitch so much. It's certainly not my favorite attraction but I think it's cute and there are plenty of other things I would work on first.

    I think a few people have mixed up the actually driving experience that is part of this poll which is located in the TTC (parking lot) area and the Speedway in Tomorrowland. I'm not sure why anyone would mind the driving experience since it's pretty much out of the way unless you want to go there. The Speedway on the other hand bores me and I wish all that land were used for something more fun.

    Also, you can walk through the castle most of the time, just not when there is a performance going on or during the fireworks.

  15. #60

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: What would you take out of WDW??

    Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    As much as I hate that new Tiki Room, Stitch has got to go!!!
    Oh NNL.. we have it worst in Tokyo... Stitch *IS* in the Tiki Room in a horrible bad show to end all. I feel bad for the birds.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •