View Poll Results: What would you retire permanantly at WDW??

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Auto Speedway at the MK parking lot.

7 9.09%
  • Under new management Tiky Birds show.

20 25.97%
  • Stitch's Great Escape.

41 53.25%
  • Mission: Space.

4 5.19%
  • DTD's West Side.

3 3.90%
  • Any of the value resort hotel.

2 2.60%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Re: What would you take out of WDW??

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Yeah but the Japanese are HUGE fans of Stitch so I'm sure they wouldnt mind taking Stitch's great escape from us.

I just dont like the attraction concept of Stitch or Alien Encounter. Being trapped in a seat to have stuff breathing on me and pushing me in complete darkness, when it's not even a ride, is a stimulation nightmare for me. And the Stitch version makes it even more irritating because of various comical but not so many smells you are exposed to.
    But at least Alien Encounter was supposed to be scary. Stitch is too silly to be enjoyed by adults, and too scary to be enjoyed by kids. Its a really poor retrofit without a niche.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

TDLFAN, I would like to know why Mission:Space was included "What would you take out of WDW??" poll?

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

• Call me "Mox"

I think everyone has said the bad attractions over and over again. There are lots of places in WDW that need work. My biggest gripe is seeing empty buildings like the Wonders of Life or the Odyssey Restaurant in Epcot. There shouldn't ever be empty attractions in a Disney Park unless they are being reconfigured into something better. I would also like to see DHS and AK to get a DCA type facelift.
    "All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."

Disneyland - 1995, 1988
    Walt Disney World - JAN 2011, OCT 2010, SEPT 2010, MAY 2010, MAR 2010, JULY 2009, MAY 2009, JULY 1999

Next Trips:
    WDW - Valentine's Day 2011
    Disneyland - Late May/Early June

• Nutty about Disney parks

I agree, adding more attractions (or replacing them at least) should take greater precedence over removal.

I am surprised no-one mentioned the one thing that ABSOLUTLY needs to go. The bus system. The so-called "attractions" listed had thier detractors and thier fans. I do like Mission Space though. I remember AE and SGE is close enough to it to be nearly the same show. Tiki is better at DL but the birds do add some laughs. DTD can be avoided, its a shopping area anyway. The best thing there is the Circ show.

Leave the attractions alone and spend the money on a BETTER transportation system. A standard MTA is not what I want to see at WDW. THE BUSSES MUST GO!

SEMPER ABSURDA

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by Timekeeper View Post
    TDLFAN, I would like to know why Mission:Space was included "What would you take out of WDW??" poll?

Timekeeper
    It's really about how it replaced Horizons. An omnimover ride that was more about the future than anything else in Future World replaced by a thrill ride simulator that makes people throw up, get head aches, and even kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by Santana View Post
    MAGIC KINGDOM:
    The Aladdin Spinner - Same experience as Dumbo the Flying Elephant, minus the great views of Fantasyland. With the doubling of Dumbo coming soon, it will be even more unnecessary.

Indy Speedway - Either remove it or update it. It's a cheap attraction available at any carnival or fairground, and it doesn't belong in Tomorrowland.

The Enchanted Tiki Room - Pointless. Not memorable at all.

Carousel of Progress - I'm pretty sure it has the lowest attendance of any of the attractions in the Magic Kingdom (maybe even all of WDW), and it's beyond dated.

Country Bear Jamboree - I've never liked it. I think they could put in a show based around the music from The Princess and the Frog and join it with Liberty Square and it would do well.

Stitch's Great Escape - I don't know what they could replace it with, but the whole thing is just not up to par with the rest of Disney's shows.

I also think they need to update the scenes you see on the Railroad and Tom Sawyer Island.

DISNEY'S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS:
    The sorcerer's hat.

Sounds Dangerous - Seems like it's never open and it's not a good show anyway.

Honey I Shrunk The Kids Play area - Should be rethemed to A Bug's Life or something at the very least.

Studio Backlot Tour - Just get rid of it. The original ride was great, but this shortened one's just embarrasing. Build a big ride there, one that could rival Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster.

Journey Into Narnia - Most pointless "attraction" at WDW. Knock down the wall and expand One Man's Dream or something.

The Magic of Disney Animation - This hasn't been updated in over a decade. The last half is a glorifed meet-and-greet area anyway.

EPCOT:
    Ellen's Energy Adventure - The film is dated. It would be nice if they could get Ellen to film a new one.

Journey Into Imagination with Figment - I think Epcot as a whole would benefit from an entirely new ride here.

ANIMAL KINGDOM:
    Get rid of everything in Dinoland except for Dinosaur and Finding Nemo: The Musical (why is that even in Dinoland in the first place?) I think it would be nice if they themed the front half where Nemo is to the sea and kept the back half focused on dinosaurs. Who knows, maybe they could put in the Finding Nemo submarine voyage there.
    We in DLR will take 'em!!!!!

Oh, and about Nemo..... IT SUCKS!!! But you could take it if you want, we'll gladly take our original submarine Voyage back with better effects.

CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• We'll hold them at bay

stitch fer sure
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Stitch and Tiki are in the lead. Interesting. Tiki Room didn't even need to be "Under New Management", it was fine the way it was. And Alien Encounter was just amazing, I bet all they had to do was add more signs and increase the hieght requirement. And if that didn't work, just make it part of the Cast Member's jobs to stop little kids from going on it.

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    Stitch and Tiki are in the lead. Interesting. Tiki Room didn't even need to be "Under New Management", it was fine the way it was. And Alien Encounter was just amazing, I bet all they had to do was add more signs and increase the hieght requirement. And if that didn't work, just make it part of the Cast Member's jobs to stop little kids from going on it.
    I'm kinda thinkin that for Alien Encounter a warning that says something along the lines of "This attraction is dark and scary" would suffice. My kids are smart enough to know what that means and not go on it... Just sayin.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Now that I attend on a semi regular basis:

*) Kill the Tomorrowland Speedway (I'm actually okay with the WDW Speedway...if they actually HELD EVENTS THERE!). Get rid of it. Ride go-karts over in Kissimmee.

*) That bleedin' hat over at the Studios. I love the studios--let's make it about Hollywood and bring back the Chinese Theatre as a landmark.

*) Empty buildings-either bring back Wonders of Life (I like the theme and the show in the back, but the ride needs to be upgraded).

*) All the hotels around Bay Lake. Nothing says, "save up your dough and give it to us!" when you are riding on the monorail. It's sad, really. The nicest hotels are right there, where you can be dragged through, as if they are saying, if you have more money, you could be staying HERE! Lose them.

Peace out,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456