This is my little gift to MiceChat.

I cannot TELL you how long I have tried to find these! I remember Space Mountain back in the 1970s, and some of this "song" has been stuck in my head for a while. No, I'm not talking about the upbeat "RCA - Here's to the Future and You" song. I have been looking for the lyrics to the Star Tunnel, other-worldy music that used to play when you first enter Space Mountain, and walk down the long corridor. You know, that music that always got stuck in you head?

You would think this would be all over the internet. Ummm, no. I've looked. For years. Even on the "Space Mountain Tribute" type pages.

Well, true believers, there are LYRICS to that music. They played them when you exited the ride, on the up speedramp, and at the exit (before the arcade was added).

Finally, on Martin's Vids, I've got SOME of the song. The audio isn't the best, but I've written what I can here. Unclear areas are marked with (?)
Just try to hum this to yourself the next time you ride Space Mountain.

The instumental version was available on those Disney do-it-yourself CDs from the 1990s, but I'm not sure the version with lyrics has ever officially been released.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

(chorus)
Tomorrow (is) filled with promise that’s forever
The future is like a never-ending dream
Our lives are joined together
By the wonders of today
And the world we’ll build together with our dreams

Dreams about tomorrow (and our hopes and fears?)
A better world for people everywhere
Shining like a beacon in our universe
Showing all the world how much we care

(chorus)

We’ve come so far, yet there’s so very far to go
We’ve watched our dreams become reality
(audio ends here L )

------------------------------------------------------------------------

This makes me feel like a 7 year old all over again! Want to listen for yourself? Go here, fast forward to 9:30 on the video, and relive the 1970s/80s cheesy goodness. If ANYONE here has any additional info, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Space Mountain WDW 2009 HD - Martin's Videos

Enjoy!!