a quick sharing of our weekend at the Food&Wine fest, and MK

I tried to capture this breathtaking scene of the Lagoon just after sunset with the sliver of a crescent moon and venus against colors that didn't really come out in this picture. It was beautiful!

Anyway, not a thorough report here. Just wanted to tell y'all about a couple of things. The Food and Wine Festival was PACKED on Saturday, more crowded than I remember it being in previous years. And it was hot, hot, hot. There is a fabulous dessert stand, just before Mexico, with scrumptious little pastries and large (but pricey) glasses of champagne. I think it's new but I could be wrong. Nice way to start the day! We couldn't seem to find India anywhere, and we used to like the curry soup. Oh, also, in front of World Showcase, they had a kiosk called "Fifteen Beers for Fifteen Years", cute idea.

I drag my kids to this event every year. They are getting old enough to appreciate the fun of eating all day! Even though we stuff our faces all day, they still say, "what's for lunch?" and "what's for dinner?" ha!

OK, Magic Kingdom:

Haunted Mansion is indeed boarded up along the queue, blocking the area where the tombstones are. Made is awfully dark and dull in the queue. Also, I had read somewhere here on Micechat that you don't hear the howling as often since they added theme music to the queue area. I went on the ride twice, and I didn't hear the howling once either time, even when I waited twenty minutes for the ride. Oh, during the ride, it stopped for a couple of moments, and we were right in front of the caretaker. I had never noticed before that his left leg trembles, and that you can hear a sound there that could be taken for knees knocking. What a wonderfully nuanced attraction! I love that no matter how many times I've been on this ride, I can still see something I never noticed before.

I was pleased to see that Monsters Inc Laugh Floor had some new comic material. I had grown tired of that attraction, because it seemed like the same jokes every time, but one of the monsters had a whole new routine. It was fun!

Anyway, construction and refurb all over the place. IASW is closed for refurb. The teacups are also all boarded up, and you can see that they've taken off the roof, possibly more. Wonder what they're up to there. Anyway, pickin's were slim in Fantasyland. But of course, I look forward to the results of all the work going on!
    Last edited by lily23; 10-11-2010 at 05:07 AM.

• Too far from Disney World

Re: a quick sharing of our weekend at the Food&Wine fest, and MK

GORGEOUS pic!!!

The teacups were closed when we were there Sept 24-30th. They weren't boarded up though and we didn't know what was going on. Haunted Mansion wasn't boarded up though and we were able to see the gravestones
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Wonderful update! Thanks for the heads up!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Thanks for the update!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

They are repainting the teacups. I believe from pink to blue (or the other way around). Then a new roof.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    They are repainting the teacups. I believe from pink to blue (or the other way around). Then a new roof.
    Thanks, nice to know they are coming back. Should be a very nice refurb; it looked almost completely dismantled.

So nice to see them whipping the place into shape!