• Banned User

Karamell-Kuche now OPENED.

Hi everyone,
    Took a walk at EPCOT last night... and came across the new caramel shop in the Germany pavillion. As far as I know.. there is no mentioned of this here.. but FYI.. the shop is now opened and for the looks of it, doing very good business. The name is Karamell-Kuche, and they sell lots of hand crafted caramel treats. The bakery style shop has a small show kitchen where you see Cms preparing chocolates and caramel treats.. and there is a chocolate dipping area where strawberrys get a chocolate coating. Yummy. And best of all.. one of my favorite Tokyo Disneyland treats can also be found here: caramel popcorn!!!! There are also caramel apples, and other gourmet caramel treats... TDLFAN gicves it thumbs up so go check it out.

On other news... EPCOT Center was packed yesterday evening. The Food and Wine Festival seems to be up to a good start. The food portions on most stands seem to be small (as usual) but what I saw, looked like decent quality. Lines were somewhat long at most stands. One observation.. there seems to be more beer outlets all over than ever before... and not so much about wine, even though it is there as well for the tasting and purchasing.. but most people seemed to be into the beer selections. I also have to say that some of the stands feature nice decor and design.. especially the "15 Beers" counter stand at the entrance to World Showcase. Maybe I never paid attention before but the event seems to have an upgraded look this year, and the 15th anniversary event banners are adecuate and nice. The decor at the Spaceship Earth graveyard and in the back of Future World is ... blah. I wish WDW did better displays (less flat cardboards and more 3D character signage) for these events.. as I think that would be a great enhancement to the event's feel and look. But still... it's the little things that catch TDLFAN's attention more than anything.. like the "Wine fest" logo napkins? Nice touch provided by sponsor Vanity Fair.. (you think Disney would pay for these things?)

Via napoli and La Hacienda continue to do great business it seems. Good for them.

A gazeebo is taking shape in the gardens between the Mexico pavillion and the main bridge into World Showcase.. could it be a photo spot for TDS' Duffy? It was my understanding that the Port of Call shop in front of that area is supposed to become a Duffy store as well.. but there was no sign of that happening by Oct 14th, the day Duffy debuts at EPCOT...

Air Supply took the stage last night at the American garden Theater.. they were great. They performed many of their hits from the 80s that are still most enjoyable to listen to.. and TDLFAN sang along (which is quite a feat).

Finally... the craze that won't die. PINS. For those of you pin traders/lovers... the Food/Wine fest has 3 cute event pins that also have the 15th anniversary number on them.. and since TDLFAN is a collector of anything "anniversary", he just had to have them all.. and most coveted is the AP-exclusive Wine Fest pin, featuring a birthday cake with the 15th on it, and Figment as a baker!! Very cute. Had to have.

The re-designing of the cash register area inside Mouse Gear continues... construction walls are still up inside the shop.

Maintenance issue: The graveyard at EPCOT's entrance.. it is supposed to be lit by floor level lights around those ugly walls.. well, TDLFAN's companion counted 54 such lights were inop. Nice going Disney.

And that was basically my evening at EPCOT Center.

PS,
    Trivia: Times that TDLFAN was stopped by other guests and CMs to appreciate his TDS' 9th anniversary teeshirt: 12 times.
    Times such people took a picture of the teeshirt: 4 tiimes.
    Times CMs says "I wish WDW did anniversary stuff like that every year": 3 times.
    Times TDLFAN was recognized as "the guy from Micechat": once.

• Pants Club Treasurer

Re: Karamell-Kuche now OPENED.

Took a local vacation last week, and indeed that caramel shop in Germany was open and always full. Stopped a few times with a relative to get him some caramel corn (and other goodies), and it was very good.
    Adding organized chaos to Micechat, one post at a time.

• Minion

Ummm, we have caramel corn at DCA, the cart next to Soarin. Just saying. I can't wait to get my crowns on some of that caramel at Epcot!
    I want my cake back!

Now if somebody in the WS would only start carrying Curry Popcorn.

At $9.95 each I would certainly hope their custom candy apples are tasty. However I'm sure people are willing to pay the price ponts while on vacation.

Personally I would rather they brought the Flamingos back rather than build a gazebo, and have another meet, and greet with a bear that belongs in Tokyo. How long will it be before the WS is swamped with people clutching their Duffy Plush?

Thanks for the report TDLFAN.
    Though young boys may throw stones at frogs in jest, the frogs do not die in jest, but in earnest.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Trust me, WS is already full of kids clutching the Duffy masks that have replaced the general masks. Disgusting. The gazebo will be for the meet and greet.

The caramel shop looked and smelled delicious! Wouldn't let myself buy anything... already had a bag full of MNSSHP candy lol

BTW TDLFAN, Jeff though hr saw you once, but I can't remember what park it was in.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Banned User

^^^and he did not stop me and say hello!!!???

Quote Originally Posted by seenoevil
    Ummm, we have caramel corn at DCA, the cart next to Soarin. Just saying. I can't wait to get my crowns on some of that caramel at Epcot!
    But sweetheart.. your are talking DLR here.. you resort is better than ours so *of course* you had caramel popcorn!!! And we didn't. Until now.

Quote Originally Posted by MPierce
    Personally I would rather they brought the Flamingos back rather than build a gazebo, and have another meet, and greet with a bear that belongs in Tokyo. How long will it be before the WS is swamped with people clutching their Duffy Plush?
    It happened today.. and I plead guilty. See the other Duffy report I just posted.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    ^^^and he did not stop me and say hello!!!???
    I would have if I could! It was one of those things that I turned my head, thought I recognized the person as you, but before I could verify you had entered a shop/restaurant/attraction (I can't remember which it was) you were gone.

We're hoping for Anaheim in February though, maybe we'll meet again?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!