• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

New Opening and Closing Rooms for IASW

I am not sure if a thread or idea was discussed to plus MK's IASW or not, so I am basically going to put it down here:
    The loading area will be as it is(even with the reverse layout), however,the back wall will look like a mountain and the cast member booth will have some rock work on the side, so as to transition into a cave(for the people watching from Pinocchio Village Haus, the other side of the mountain will a colorful waterfall.) Inside, we have the impression that we are underwater, because we can see Small World Mermaids(ones that don't look like Ariel) playing with toys(and saying hello from time to time) and having fun with a Sea Serpent(it will smile and a wink from time to time.) As we move further along, we see a happy octopus and squid, both of them holding a banner that says "what the current SW sign says", but just before we leave the cave, we see what looks like a toy version of the Nautilus, with a small black outlined cut out of Captain Nemo. From there, SW is the same, after the finale scene, when we reach the good-bye room, we see a big but sad (western or eastern style) dragon, wishing us good-bye and to come back soon. we exit and that is pretty much it.

Comments?

Timekeeper

• The Study of Wumbo

Re: New Opening and Closing Rooms for IASW

Sounds like a fine concept. I'm not sure I understand it completely.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Mostly Harmless.

hmmm...
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Quote Originally Posted by wumbology View Post
    Sounds like a fine concept. I'm not sure I understand it completely.
    You know currently MK's doesn't have a good hello room and a good bye room(like DL and Maybe HKDL, DLP & TDL), they just have a blank wall and then, wossh, we are in IASW and when we leave IASW, we see a bunch of good-byes signs, even when we haven't got as much as a good hello. (Basically, it's to make MK's unique and, in my mind, have a tribute to 20K.) I do have other ideas's for MK's, but I want to read what everyone has to say on this first.

Timekeeper

• The Study of Wumbo

I guess an ocean theme would make sense because it is something that unites us as a planet.

However, I like the simple entrance. Waving to the attendant and the diners, looking at the facade.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Quote Originally Posted by wumbology View Post
    I guess an ocean theme would make sense because it is something that unites us as a planet.

However, I like the simple entrance. Waving to the attendant and the diners, looking at the facade.
    OK. (Actually, I was kind of thinking of Beastly Kingdom in Small World, but that would be unfair for Animal kingdom )

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Bump...

...from Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

There is a really easy "fix" to add a "hello room". All it involves is placing hello signs all along the canal from the moment you pass under the control booth to the arch into the first room. The signs could be as elaborate as "hello's" placed on signs shaped like icons from the countries from which the "hello" originates (ex. bon jour on an Eiffel Tower sign), or just simple backlit "hello's". The female "welcome to it's a small world" voice could be piped into this section to complete the "room". The views of the ride from the Village Haus would not be changed and it would add the proper greeting that the attraction currently lacks.
    WDW-'73,'76,'77,'78,'79,'80,'81,'82,'86,'91,'95,'96,'9 7,'99,'00,'01,'02,'03,'05,'06,'07,
    Jan'08,Feb'08,Sept'09,Feb'10,Apr'10,Sept'10,Jan'11 ,Apr'11,May'11,Sept'11,Dec'11,Mar'12,May'12,Sept/Oct'12,Nov'12
    DL-
    '79,'81,'84,'91,'05,'07,'10

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

WDW went through great pains to redesign the load area to resemble the facade of the Disneyland version not that long ago. As much as I despise the ride, I say leave the facade alone.