Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red Face What should we expect for WDW's 50th in 10 years?

Well, i searched for a chat on this subject, and i think this horse hasnt been beat yet! so get your whips, clubs, and large objects out kids, its time to beat this subject

So, As we all have seen, WDW is basically ignoring its 40th, with a lame promo, and some pins and some vinyl...

So the question is, in just a short decade (its already been 5 years since DLR's 50th folks! seems like yesterday i was watching the PoD)

Will WDW Actually do half the thing DLR brought in for its 50th? As in, deep refreshing of the parks, Gold mickeys all over the MK, new parades, and entertainment at its parks (Come on, we've had The AK&MK parade FOREVER! they need to be replaced now, AND then!) As well as AMAZING 5* fireworks show made for the occasion?

Or are we betting our pay checks on, pins, vinyl, a few lousy decorations, and another re-dressing of existing parades?

Or are we just to far away to tell? Well pretend next year was WDW's 50th, not 40th, would we be receiving the same result by TDO and their dusty check book for the celebrations? Or a nice dusting over of improved maintenance, and some new entertainment?

• Nutty about Disney parks

Re: What should we expect for WDW's 50th in 10 years?

I think it's too far away to tell. One thing I would count on is a lot of gold on the castle.

But looking at this opmistically. WDW has a whole decade to come up with great ways to improve their parks in such a way that it would make visiting the parks during the 50th Anniversary an experience instead of marketing gimmick like Disneyland's 50th.

• Future Princess

It'd be absolutely fantastic if they brought back VMK for a year with all our old accounts, but I doubt that'll happen. Anyways..

I agree with toonaspie, lots of gold on the castle. It better be magnificent, not junky. Could that be a part (aside from the Harry Potter competition across town) that they're adding on to Fantasyland and considering all the new stuff? Accommodating people who will go for the 50th? Oh a decade is so long..

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Well, Disneyland's 50th was huge. I hope they give the most visited theme park in the world as one as huge as DLR's.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• The Study of Wumbo

We shouldn't "expect" anything, yet. Right now, what we're getting from TDO is not very much. But in ten years, a lot can change. There might not be anybody in TDO now who will still be a suit then. The next people might have totally different views on the park; we should hope. Maybe in ten years the parks will be well-off and we'll have management that won't hesitate to spend money to give their guests the best quality entertainment. We don't know.

Optimally, what you say seems great. Something like the 25th Anniversary, but bigger- and not with an unpopular castle re-decoration, nor deteriorating attractions.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• A Suitcase & A Dream

I would imagine the castle float will still be making appearances in their 50th anniversary parade since it's been there for almost 50 years. But it is hard to tell how they will approach it, they did a lot during Disneyland's 50th, almost seemed as though WDW was turing 50, so it will be sad if they don't outdo themselves for their own 50th.

• Not here to help

What to expect:

More hotels
    Sticth to be seen in more places than ever
    and the parks left without any significant change at all (more than that pathetic Fantasyland fairy princess expansion)

...and alot more expensive admission tickets!
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

As much of a Disney fanatic I am. I hate the new stuff being added to MK. Why cant we get some good old masculine treatment like IOA does with Spiderman and WWoHP? I only go to WDW once a year and i can say i enjoy my TDS trips twice a year much more (reason why i go there twice a year instead of WDW). WDW should get way more attention than DL with it being the flagship destination of the company, and many people I know in HK know about Disney World and not DL.

A lot has happened since the end of the last decade so im going to try to remain optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    What to expect:

More hotels
    Sticth to be seen in more places than ever
    and the parks left without any significant change at all (more than that pathetic Fantasyland fairy princess expansion)

...and alot more expensive admission tickets!
    that's what i expect
    I am traveling now.

I wouldn't expect much, after all it's not Disneyland. Disneyland gets all the celebrations, Disney World just gets more DVC units.

What I would expect though is:

1. The afternoon parade to be painted again and the castle float still chugging along. No other significant changes in the parade though

The same old Wishes fireworks display. I love Wishes, but 10 years from now, maybe not so much. Disneyland seems to get a new show every few years.

Fantasyland still in limbo with just Little Mermaid and the Be Our Guest restaurant open. Toontown Fair might be celebrated since it was originally just a temporary land to celebrate Mickey's 50th or 60th birthday, and by then Mickey will be well into his 90's something to be said about a "temporary" land that's outlasted many of the so-called permanent attractions like Horizons or Journey Into Imagination and World of Motion

Maybe as few as 10 more DVC resorts since they seem to be popping up at a rate of 1 a year now, but possibly more. (I would also expect to see a second Bay Lake Tower built on the south side of the Contemporary replacing the south wing building.

The same MarkVI monorails that were "added in 1991 to complete the modernization of the Walt Disney World Monorail system" as the speil goes on the EPCOT line.

SpectroMagic still chugging down Main Street USA (now sponsored by Wal-Mart) with same old floats since no rehab was done in 2010 when the main Street Electrical Parade was being done while California Adventure got it's rehab. After the rehab, that parade goes back to California and Spectromagic returns.

The Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station still closed down and sitting vacant, The Adventureland Verandah still being used for character meet & greets instead of a restaurant as it was designed to be. The Diamond Horeshoe still only open during the busy season selling cold sandwiches instead of what it was designed for.

The dining plan still going strong, except now everyone needs reservations for quick service. all quick service will have the same menu regardless of location, burgers, chicken fingers and PB&J. Oh wait that's already happening.

All the parking lot trams will now have seat belts, overhead restraints and lap bars to keep guests in because the doors added in 2010 were not enough to keep stupid guests from jumping on or off the trams while in motion.

Adult guests will now be in strollers being pushed by their elderly parents riding an ECV's because the pre-teens that are in strollers today will be adults and their parents still need to have them in strollers. strollers will be the size of a Ford Excursion, don't laugh they are almost that big now.

Cast Members will be hard to find since Disney will make further cutbacks and many castmember will leave because going on welfare will be a raise in pay.

This is all based on Disney's current management in TDO, of course that could change in 10 years, or maybe 20.

• Mostly Harmless.

In the word's of Uncle Rico, " You know what, Napoleon? You can leave." Really, if you are that disgruntled why go? Universal is just down the road, I'm sure they'd take you.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Here's my guess...

Take a look around all of the parks, imagine what Fantasyland will look like when it's done. Disney's Art of Animation is complete, a few resorts have received DVC wings, a new meet and greet is going up at DHS for the newest Pixar movie, and last but not least, new temporary signage and a catchy tune for the 50th! Hooray, Walt Disney World's Golden Birthday!
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

Quote Originally Posted by ti2gr View Post
    I wouldn't expect much, after all it's not Disneyland. Disneyland gets all the celebrations, Disney World just gets more DVC units.
    But hey, look at the bright side, when DL hits it's 75th, WDW might get a cloned attraction from another park. Oh, I'm sorry, the term is "imported from...".
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• The Study of Wumbo

Wow. Okay, guys. This kind of upsets me.

You are all basing your expectations as if the 50th Anniversary were tomorrow. I can tell you now that the Team Disney Orlando of today will NOT be the same as the Team Disney Orlando of 2020 or 2021.

We have no idea what the world will be like then. We don't even know if there will be a world. We might be in another depression, or there may be peace on Earth and abundance for all. It is quite un-Disney-like for anybody here to look to the future without hope.

I know MiceChat is a pretty conservative Disney board but there's no reason to not have hope. This lack of faith disturbs me.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Quote Originally Posted by wumbology View Post
    Wow. Okay, guys. This kind of upsets me.

You are all basing your expectations as if the 50th Anniversary were tomorrow. I can tell you now that the Team Disney Orlando of today will NOT be the same as the Team Disney Orlando of 2020 or 2021.

We have no idea what the world will be like then. We don't even know if there will be a world. We might be in another depression, or there may be peace on Earth and abundance for all. It is quite un-Disney-like for anybody here to look to the future without hope.

I know MiceChat is a pretty conservative Disney board but there's no reason to not have hope. This lack of faith disturbs me.
    I think the downer attitude you're seeing is almost a direct reflection on what WDW has provided over the past decade. The question was what do we expect to see for the 50th, and based on what we've seen in the last ten years, there isn't a whole lot to expect. Granted, we'd be more than thrilled to see WDW pull out the stops and create something amazing, but it's just not in their nature anymore.

That's why, when it comes to what I expect for the 50th, I'm only expecting an over-hyped marketing campaign and a theme song. I think there will be an attraction added, but lately, I've had a hard time determining what TDO considers an attraction.

DoppelV

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast