Thread: Favorite Spot?

• formerly very helpful

Favorite Spot?

In EPCOT - my favorite park - there is an area just to the north of the Mexico Pavillion. It has some grass, palm trees and flamingos. People walk right by it, with few stopping. At least as far as I've seen.
    I don't know why, but I love it. I enjoy taking a break there. There's no attraction right there, but it's just a nice place to be.

I also really like the area in Fort Wilderness Resort in front of the store, near where they show the Hoop De Doo. It seems like a relaxing, tranquil area. I always have to make it a point to be by there at least once on each trip, even though I've never stayed there.

How about you? What are your favorite spots in WDW, and why?

• The Study of Wumbo

Re: Favorite Spot?

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I also really like the area in Fort Wilderness Resort in front of the store, near where they show the Hoop De Doo. It seems like a relaxing, tranquil area. I always have to make it a point to be by there at least once on each trip, even though I've never stayed there.
    We spent a lot of time around there on our last trip, parking the golf cart and et cetera. Fort Wilderness is nice.

I'll add Caribbean Plaza... Pirates, Pirata, and the surrounding area is really interesting to me. I like the details and the little hidden things. I think it's the closest we'll get to New Orleans Square.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

What a great question! I've sat here for at least 3 minutes staring at the computer screen scratching my head and wondering if I actually do have a favorite spot. When it comes right down to it, I suppose I really don't. Odd! Let me get to you on this...!

May you be surrounded by your pals this holiday season!

• formerly very helpful

It reminds me of my answer to the question: What is your favorite part of Walt Disney World? My answer was Walt Disney World.

There's a really pretty spot somewhere behind the Flame Tree BBQ at the AK, where we sat and ate our Picnic in the Park lunch that we got from the Beastly Bazaar. There were tables surrounding a pond...the foliage was lush and green. It was very peaceful...a nice change from the busy park.
    Last edited by Terese; 11-09-2010 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Tried to download a picture, but it didn't work

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

I guess I could go the romantic way and say, "with my partner" AND at the parks. However, that might be seen as a cop-out.

There are several:

Looking down Sunset Blvd at the Tower and hearing screams.

Torii gates view of Spaceship Earth.

The 'back alleys of Liberty Square behind the Christmas shop (where they hand out candy---it seems that, even on the busiest days of the years, this spot is empty!) and behind the other gift shop, where the HoP exits.

Animal Kingdom trails. We were there on Sunday and found several animal exhibits and no people. Amazing.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend