Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Park to replace Mickey's Toontown Fair?

OK, I've been batting this idea around all summer, and I'm sure it's not very original, but to me it sounds like a winner and fun, too!

Due to the demise of Mickey's Toontown Fair for the Fantasyland makeover, and because kids of all ages want to go to Orlando to visit Mickey's House, why not create a land called Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Park? Base it off of the wonderful preschool TV program. As a Disney Store cast member, I can tell you that any toy or clothing item branded to MMC SELLS!!!! So, why not make the TV program come to life??? And, it's the perfect opportunity to visit Mickey in his traditional red shorts, instead of his black and red tux! A Magic Kingdom exclusive!!!! Also, we can visit Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Daisy (can't forget my buddy Pluto!), as well as the original Disney characters Pete, Clarabelle and Horace. The ideas for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Park are endless, including meet and greet, ride attractions, shows, dining venues and of course, shopping.

I wish I were an Imagineer, because I want to start working on this idea now!!! Don't ask me where it should go, that's for you armchair Imagineers to decide!

So, what do you think??? Come on, you're dieing to chat about this
    idea!

May you be surrounded by your pals this holiday season!

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Re: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Park to replace Mickey's Toontown Fair?

Hmmm...I'm not convinced yet, as I'm curious as to what 'new' attractions would there be?

• The Study of Wumbo

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyJack65 View Post
    As a Disney Store cast member, I can tell you that any toy or clothing item branded to MMC SELLS!!!!
    As members of MiceChat this reasoning really means nothing to us. They could plop Phineas and Ferb in in Liberty Square; it wouldn't make any sense whatsoever in terms of fitting in with its surroundings, but it would sell.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• and too all a good fright

Honestly...meh. It seems like this would just be new set dressing on the old toontown theme. The only really unique location from MMCH is the clubhouse. That isn't enough to warrant a whole land. Also, the characters are the real drivers of the show and they are fairly well represented already.

How well does Playhouse Disney do at DHS? Thats what we need to look at. If it does well then it's a possibility. I, myself, don't really like the idea. It's gears too much to one side of the age spectrum.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• formerly very helpful

My daughter was the number one fan of MMCH. Everything she did, said, etc. was related to that show. Then when she got just a little bit older, she was done with it. Wants nothing to do with it. As great as the show is for the preschool age, I don't think that it would hold the interest of anyone older. FYI, my daughter is now only 5.
    Just my 2 cents worth.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

No for me. No matter what you say. I know the show is for pre schoolers but it basically ruins Mickey. I wouldn't want that version of Mickey in there. DHS can keep that show I always skip at DCA. (Let's face it, MMCH makes Mickey and Friends unlovable and annoying, and there is proof it is to the ages it is aimed at in the post directly above me)

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

" So, why not make the TV program come to life???"

Because everybody over the age of 7 is embarrassed to watch the show. Sure, maybe plop it down in that Playhouse Disney show in HS, but 1 preschool television show doesn't deserve an entire land. If they're going to re theme the land to more Mickey, they might as well redo Toontown and make it like the one in California. Or better yet, theme it to Epic Mickey! It could be a place where Oswald and all the other forgotten Disney characters and ideas go in the park. And who know? Maybe someday, they'll be promoted to being remembered!

Red Face Re: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Park to replace Mickey's Toontown Fair?

Wow! OK, didn't realize I was going to stir up such "passionate" discussion! YIKES! I really do appreciate your thoughts and comments. It really puts ideas into perspective...guess I'm not cut out to be an armchair Imagineer after all! LOL Maybe the actual Imagineers should poll the fans to discover what the fans would like to see?

So, anyone else want to share their ideas??

May you be surrounded by your pals this holiday season!

• Future Princess

I think it's a good idea for a place to tour or something, like build that house or whatever so kids can go through it, or have it as a meet and greet. I agree that it won't be enough for a land, but it could definitely be interesting incorporated into a newer version of ToonTown Fair or whatever it ends up being.

I tried to explain to the girls ( 3 and 5 at the time ) how Mickey Mouse Clubhouse was sorta based on the Mickey Mouse Club, and that it was a lot different and IMNSHO, cooler....

• Banned User

I just want Toontown Fair to GO FOR GOOD AND FOREVER. Give the MK a real ToonTown.. like the ones at DL and TDL. Thank you. But sadly, the Clubhouse idea does not sound enticing to me. Sorry.