Which version of the Beauty and the Beast stage show do you like better, the old version or the current version?
- Featured dancing bats segment after Kill the Beast
- Opened with "Bonjour"
- When the beast transformed into the prince, he was wearing fancy clothes
- Transformation: We see beast's hand and the cape starts to rise featuring the prince underneath (the cape and fake hand are then dragged offstage)
- Belle leaves and comes back in formal clothes to dance with the prince
- No stage bow at end (I could be wrong about this one)
If I missed anything, please tell me.
- No more bat segment
- It now opens up with the prelogue (featuring the prince, the witch & the beast)
- The prince now wears torn up clothes after he transforms
- Transformation: The men with the sheet return and go in front of the beast (they follow him offstage as to hide his removal). The witch enters and does a dance. The men with the sheet return again and unwrap the sheet revealing the prince
- Belle starts to dance with the prince (belle's wearing the blue cape with the hood and the prince is in torn up clothes). They exit & come back later in the formal clothes
- Everyone takes a bow at the end
Personally, I prefer the new show. I hated the bat segment (it was so boring) and the new show is so much more real. I love the opening prologue and closing stage bow. I also think the transformation is much more realistic (and Belle's and Prince's dancing clothes more realistic).